What Climate scientist really think

Sorry, whacked out rightwing tards do not impress me with their 'scientific' credentials. Best go back to promoting smart photons. LOL

This guy has made his own reality alot like the muslim world and can't be convinced other wise.

Projecting what you have done on others won't alter the fact that it is yourself that you are talking about.

Well, since all the Scientific Societies, all the National Academies of Science, and all the major Universities state that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger, what does your video present that is different?

Rocks, either you are an absolute idiot, or a congenital liar....personally, I think both...but in either case, you are so far divorced from reality that you don't even get magazine articles on the topic out where you are...

Climate science is an infant science....hell, it wasn't till late in the 20th century that a person could even get a university degree on the topic...and even now it is a soft science whose graduates are grossly lacking in mathematics, chemistry, physics, programming, and statistical skills.

And that doesn't even touch on the criminal destruction of data by academics and climate scientists themselves of data that doesn't support the party line. Since understanding our climate is an important topic, one can only hope that at some point climate science will become divorced from politics and actually start doing science rather than pseudoscience aimed at fueling a political propaganda and money machine.
Agreed on all points, but particularly on Old Crock being a liar and an idiot.

Last edited:
toobfreak, you post stupid cartoons, and we post information.

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

All the Scientific Societies, all the National Academies of Science, and all the major Universities state that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. These are scientists from all over the world. But you are saying that you know more than these scientists? And that these scientists are all in on a grand conspiracy across all nationalities and cultures. Methinks you have your little tin hat on a bit too tight.

Only you, mamooth and mann would be offended by that accurate comic strip.

Facts hurt doesn't it?

Sorry, whacked out rightwing tards do not impress me with their 'scientific' credentials. Best go back to promoting smart photons. LOL

This guy has made his own reality alot like the muslim world and can't be convinced other wise.
So you admit AGW is political and not science. Good for you.

Sounds more like a cultish religion that has been hijacked by politics to me.

Very close to ALL climate scientists believe the Earth is getting warmer and that the primary cause is human GHG emissions and deforestation. That is a demonstrable fact.

Very close to ALL climate scientists believe the Earth is getting warmer and that the primary cause is human GHG emissions and deforestation. That is a demonstrable fact.
...but you forgot to add that nearly all of them are funded by government. Government that very much benefits from trying to stop AGW....do you think Fat Albert Gore should be given $15 trillion?

You fucking liar.

So crick give me the link of the study that the primary cause is human GHG emissions

I will wait ...

You fucking idiot

www.ipcc.ch gives a good assessment of the research of the world's climate scientists. Look at WG-I, "The Physical Science Basis".

And if you wish to see my contention re the opinion of the world's climate science, review Wikipiedia's multiple articles on the opinions of scientists on this topic.

I'll wait.

Asshole.

"We" and "you"? All, the old mantra of the Alinsky Bots. The mob mentality of the Left baaaaing in typical group-think. Not about the issues but always about the PERSON.

At least I have a sense of humor and can laugh at a cartoon that lampoons reality! As to your post of "information," you don't post anything but crap; here, if you want INFORMATION, here are facts on CO2 I wrote in an article a few years ago previously posted on another thread you obviously missed or ignored---- all of which you can easily look up and check for yourself----

For those who may not know, the atmosphere really is as follows:

78% Nitrogen
21% Oxygen (from Plants mainly, essential for the animal life)

_That is 99% of your total atmosphere right there!_

That only leaves 1% left, as a combination of /trace gases./

These trace gases can be further broken down into the Noble gases and IR
storing gases which help to moderate our climate.

Of that 1% trace gas left over, _9/10ths_ of that is ARGON, a harmless,
inert gas.

That leaves roughly 0.1%, or about 1/10th of 1/100th of the atmosphere
left.

The other remaining inert noble gases (combined total of 0.002% total
atmosphere) are Neon, Helium, Krypton, Xenon, and also Hydrogen.

Of the remaining (combined total less than 1/10th of 1%, or 0.098% of
the atmosphere) atmosphere left over, these are the IR storing
components, such as Water Vapor, Carbon Dioxide, Methane, Nitrous
Oxide and Ozone, /combined/.

Kind of puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

Water Vapor, essential to life, is by far the largest, at 0.04%
(1/2500th%), and carbon dioxide (plant food, essential to plant life
which sustains us), which is only 0.03%, or about 1/3000th% of the
atmosphere.

Methane, a far more powerful IR storing agent than water vapor and CO2
combined, is at .0002%, and the remaining vestiges (roughly 0.0278% by
subtraction) are made up of Nitrous Oxide and Ozone combined.

The often lost fact is that free atmospheric CO2 is a very weak
"greenhouse gas" and only exists in traces, and part of most everything
in the Earth is in the form of Carbon anyway. People are carbon, trees
are carbon, rocks are carbon. We exhale carbon dioxide. We are
carbon-based life. Burn anything--- you are pretty much left with
carbon. CO2 is routinely exchanged from the rocks and oceans back into
the air, back into feeding plants and then back into the Earth again.

Since time immortal, single volcanic and many other events of the past
have dramatically produced more "greenhouse gases" than all of man in
history since the start of modern industrialization, and such events
routinely happen over and again (such as Mt. Saint Helens) and is
recycled over and over. And we are still here and the world is fine.

Even cataclysmic events like super-volcanoes and asteroids that
devastate the planet overnight, cannot overcome the equilibrium of the
planet, which inevitably returns to how it is at present even after such
a horrendous event.

Changes in our climate, short of such cataclysms, are largely dictated by
three natural cycles of the Earth along with natural cycles of the Sun.
Right now, we are actually cooling off again.

It is estimated that over the past several hundred years, CO2 gas in the
air has gradually increased by 35% to the present 0.03% level compared
to that of several hundred years ago. It has only reached that level
now and even at that, still only constitutes less than 1/30th of 1% of
the air, and so was even less during the rest of the industrialization
age.

99.97% of what you breathe is not carbon dioxide! If CO2 were that
potent at such traces for so short a period of time, and the Earth's
climate that fragile, the Earth would never have reached a stable point,
let alone one so long as to allow the development of advanced life over
billions of years.

The fact of the matter is that the whole "CO2 Scare" leaves out the fact
that the Sun may be putting out less energy now than normal, and the
extremely tiny modification to the retention of heat from carbon dioxide
may very well indeed be a welcome thing, if anything, to help moderate
our cooling trend.

...but you forgot to add that nearly all of them are funded by government. Government that very much benefits from trying to stop AGW....do you think Fat Albert Gore should be given $15 trillion?
Whose government, dumb fuck? Silly ass, what you are saying is that all the world's climate scientists are in on a conspiracy to lie to all of us. You are saying the majority of the scientists in the world are knowingly supporting a fraudulent hypothesis. I think your little tin hat is a bit too tight.

Jesus fucking Christ, Toob, in one post you manage to repeat all the nonsense of the denialists. You think that a small amount of something cannot affect a large system? OK, then one gram of potassium cyanide cannot possibly hurt you since you are so much larger than that one gram.

Which emits more carbon dioxide: volcanoes or human activities? | NOAA Climate.gov

Human activities emit 60 or more times the amount of carbon dioxide released by volcanoes each year. Large, violent eruptions may match the rate of human emissions for the few hours that they last, but they are too rare and fleeting to rival humanity’s annual emissions. In fact, several individual U.S. states emit more carbon dioxide in a year than all the volcanoes on the planet combined do.

Comic_Q%26A_Volcanoes_PurpleSmall3_620.png

On the scale of carbon dioxide emissions, human sources far outweigh volcanoes. NOAA Climate.gov cartoon by Emily Greenhalgh.

Human activities
Human activities—mostly burning of coal and other fossil fuels, but also cement production, deforestation and other landscape changes—emitted roughly 40 billion metric tons of carbon dioxide in 2015. Since the start of the Industrial Revolution, more than 2,000 billion metric tons of carbon dioxide have been added to the atmosphere by human activities according to the Global Carbon Project.

volcano-v-fossilfuels-1750-2013-620.png

"We" and "you"? All, the old mantra of the Alinsky Bots. The mob mentality of the Left baaaaing in typical group-think. Not about the issues but always about the PERSON.

At least I have a sense of humor and can laugh at a cartoon that lampoons reality! As to your post of "information," you don't post anything but crap; here, if you want INFORMATION, here are facts on CO2 I wrote in an article a few years ago previously posted on another thread you obviously missed or ignored---- all of which you can easily look up and check for yourself----

For those who may not know, the atmosphere really is as follows:

78% Nitrogen
21% Oxygen (from Plants mainly, essential for the animal life)

_That is 99% of your total atmosphere right there!_

That only leaves 1% left, as a combination of /trace gases./

These trace gases can be further broken down into the Noble gases and IR
storing gases which help to moderate our climate.

Of that 1% trace gas left over, _9/10ths_ of that is ARGON, a harmless,
inert gas.

That leaves roughly 0.1%, or about 1/10th of 1/100th of the atmosphere
left.

The other remaining inert noble gases (combined total of 0.002% total
atmosphere) are Neon, Helium, Krypton, Xenon, and also Hydrogen.

Of the remaining (combined total less than 1/10th of 1%, or 0.098% of
the atmosphere) atmosphere left over, these are the IR storing
components, such as Water Vapor, Carbon Dioxide, Methane, Nitrous
Oxide and Ozone, /combined/.

Kind of puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

Water Vapor, essential to life, is by far the largest, at 0.04%
(1/2500th%), and carbon dioxide (plant food, essential to plant life
which sustains us), which is only 0.03%, or about 1/3000th% of the
atmosphere.

Methane, a far more powerful IR storing agent than water vapor and CO2
combined, is at .0002%, and the remaining vestiges (roughly 0.0278% by
subtraction) are made up of Nitrous Oxide and Ozone combined.

The often lost fact is that free atmospheric CO2 is a very weak
"greenhouse gas" and only exists in traces, and part of most everything
in the Earth is in the form of Carbon anyway. People are carbon, trees
are carbon, rocks are carbon. We exhale carbon dioxide. We are
carbon-based life. Burn anything--- you are pretty much left with
carbon. CO2 is routinely exchanged from the rocks and oceans back into
the air, back into feeding plants and then back into the Earth again.

Since time immortal, single volcanic and many other events of the past
have dramatically produced more "greenhouse gases" than all of man in
history since the start of modern industrialization, and such events
routinely happen over and again (such as Mt. Saint Helens) and is
recycled over and over. And we are still here and the world is fine.

Even cataclysmic events like super-volcanoes and asteroids that
devastate the planet overnight, cannot overcome the equilibrium of the
planet, which inevitably returns to how it is at present even after such
a horrendous event.

Changes in our climate, short of such cataclysms, are largely dictated by
three natural cycles of the Earth along with natural cycles of the Sun.
Right now, we are actually cooling off again.

It is estimated that over the past several hundred years, CO2 gas in the
air has gradually increased by 35% to the present 0.03% level compared
to that of several hundred years ago. It has only reached that level
now and even at that, still only constitutes less than 1/30th of 1% of
the air, and so was even less during the rest of the industrialization
age.

99.97% of what you breathe is not carbon dioxide! If CO2 were that
potent at such traces for so short a period of time, and the Earth's
climate that fragile, the Earth would never have reached a stable point,
let alone one so long as to allow the development of advanced life over
billions of years.

The fact of the matter is that the whole "CO2 Scare" leaves out the fact
that the Sun may be putting out less energy now than normal, and the
extremely tiny modification to the retention of heat from carbon dioxide
may very well indeed be a welcome thing, if anything, to help moderate
our cooling trend.
And the scientists have calculated the forcing of the climate if the sun were to do a full Maunder Minimum, compared to the forcing of the increases in anthropogenic GHG's. Seems that the forcing of that size of decline in solar energy will hardly make a difference in the heating of the earth.

Could a future “Grand Solar Minimum” like the Maunder Minimum stop global warming?

Gerald A. Meehl,1 Julie M. Arblaster,1,2 and Daniel R. Marsh1

Received 1 February 2013; revised 11 March 2013; accepted 12 March 2013; published 13 May 2013.

[1] A future Maunder Minimum type grand solar minimum, with total solar irradiance reduced by 0.25% over a 50 year period from 2020 to 2070, is imposed in a future climate change scenario experiment (RCP4.5) using, for the first time, a global coupled climate model that includes ozone chemistry and resolved stratospheric dynamics (Whole Atmosphere Community Climate Model). This model has been shown to simulate two amplifying mechanisms that produce regional signals of decadal climate variability comparable to observations, and thus is considered a credible tool to simulate the Sun’s effects on Earth’s climate. After the initial decrease of solar radiation in 2020, globally averaged surface air temperature cools relative to the reference simulation by up to several tenths of a degree Centigrade. By the end of the grand solar minimum in 2070, the warming nearly catches up to the reference simulation. Thus, a future grand solar minimum could slow down but not stop global warming. Citation: Meehl, G. A., J. M. Arblaster, and D. R. Marsh (2013), Could a future “Grand Solar Minimum” like the Maunder Minimum stop global warming?,

Geophys. Res. Lett., 40, 1789–1793, doi:10.1002/grl.50361.

Could a future “Grand Solar Minimum” like the Maunder Minimum stop global warming? - Meehl - 2013 - Geophysical Research Letters - Wiley Online Library

Whose government, dumb fuck? Silly ass, what you are saying is that all the world's climate scientists are in on a conspiracy to lie to all of us. You are saying the majority of the scientists in the world are knowingly supporting a fraudulent hypothesis. I think your little tin hat is a bit too tight.
You aren't very bright, but I already knew that. Money talks and BS walks.

Why yes, money talks to weak, unethical minds like yours.

The deniers make more off Exxon than do the scientists that are presently measuring the effects of the GHG's that we are putting into the atmosphere.

Why yes, money talks to weak, unethical minds like yours.

The deniers make more off Exxon than do the scientists that are presently measuring the effects of the GHG's that we are putting into the atmosphere.
Yeah Exxon has more power and money than all western governments...LMFAO.

See what I mean when I state you not very bright? You and I should get together and play some high stakes poker.

Frankly, I hope all the climate scare stuff is true. I can take the heat. If the climate warms all the ice will melt and ocean levels will rise. And you know what that means, all the coastal cities will be under water! Guess where most liberals live? LA, Seattle, Miami and NYC! If the climate changes, it will be mostly liberals who will drown, and those that flee inland will meet up with all of the "deplorables" who have guns. Lots and lots of guns. Remember, liberals don't believe in guns, they want everyone to be disarmed. So all of the disarmed liberals will either drown or flee inland as fleeing illegal "immigrants." Not a total loss after all.

And yet, you can't produce a single piece of observed, measured, quantified data that supports AGW over natural variability..

Well, since all the Scientific Societies, all the National Academies of Science, and all the major Universities state that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger, what does your video present that is different?

They say whatever Obama paid them to say

You fucking idiot

www.ipcc.ch gives a good assessment of the research of the world's climate scientists. Look at WG-I, "The Physical Science Basis".

And if you wish to see my contention re the opinion of the world's climate science, review Wikipiedia's multiple articles on the opinions of scientists on this topic.

I'll wait.

Asshole.

IPCC? Really? Laughing my ass off at you crick...what a dupe...Again, how about you pull a single piece of observed, measured, quantified data from that joke of a report that supports AGW over natural variability...rather than just claim that you have done it...which you haven't...how about actually doing it this time.

Forum List

Back