What can republicans do for blacks?

If blacks sit in the same classes as whites, tell me why you think they aren't the same.

Of the same culture and economic background--they are the same.

Irrelevant factors.

If they are getting the same thing when it comes to what the entity giving it is supposed to be doing, those other factors don't matter.

Really ? Ok let's throw an example out . Public schools . Do you think all public schools
Are equal?

Schools are like neighborhoods. When you talk about a neighborhood, you can talk about the churches, the schools, the shopping malls, the entertainment, the property and home sizes. But what really makes a good neighborhood are the neighbors. Same holds true with schools.

I was taught in a Catholic school and a very small one at that. We averaged about 40 kids to a classroom. We had no lockers. We had no cafeteria. We had no library. We had no football fields. We didn't switch classes. We didn't have college educated teachers; we had nuns. The class that they gave you was where you sat all day.

Yet student per student, we would out perform any public school children on any level of academics.

Yeah I went to catholic school too. The teachers were idiots . BUT they had a big advantage as they could just throw out problem kids and not accept special needs kids .

Public schools do not have that option . Maybe they shoould ? But that's another topic .

You missed the point entirely, and that is it's not the teachers or the schools that make the difference. Do you think those nuns back in the 60's had bachelors degrees in education? They were poor nuns, probably some of them never graduated high school themselves.

And look at home schooling. They are doing fine and who knows how good of a teacher the mother is.

You are putting too much emphasis on the buildings and the people instead of the family where the student came from. In most cases, that's the major problem in our public education system.

Spending per pupil doesn't mean shit . Budgets can vary for many reasons . And it's not the same books ect.

And if you got hired after an interview, then you were not just hired under objective criteria .

There was this interesting study. They sent out identical resumes to employers . Some of the resumes had "black " names and the others did not . The non black name resumes had a higher rate of call backs for interviews .

Then maybe they should try changing their name to an American one.

So you admit there's a bias? What's more "American" than a black name ?

We can discuss issues on what to do wh our Ed system . But this issue came up as "we all have the sAme opportunities " claim.

Names do mean a lot. In your example, what if an employer got an application from a white guy named Bull Ozmari?

That's my point Ray ! Stupid superficial shit decides who gets hired. So enough of this "hire the most qualified " bullshit mantra .

I am Indian and I never hire Indians, they would much rather stay on the dole.
So, I hire Mexicans they work long and hard hours and rarely complain.
...and they save their money

Spending per pupil doesn't mean shit . Budgets can vary for many reasons . And it's not the same books ect.

And if you got hired after an interview, then you were not just hired under objective criteria .

There was this interesting study. They sent out identical resumes to employers . Some of the resumes had "black " names and the others did not . The non black name resumes had a higher rate of call backs for interviews .

Then maybe they should try changing their name to an American one.

So you admit there's a bias? What's more "American" than a black name ?

We can discuss issues on what to do wh our Ed system . But this issue came up as "we all have the sAme opportunities " claim.

Names do mean a lot. In your example, what if an employer got an application from a white guy named Bull Ozmari?

That's my point Ray ! Stupid superficial shit decides who gets hired. So enough of this "hire the most qualified " bullshit mantra .

It doesn't matter and hasn't for a long time. When I advertise one of my apartments, I can't choose who is the best applicant. I have to use race as a factor first so I don't get sued.

So is illegitimacy related to poverty and is poverty related to education?

Illegitimacy increases the likelihood of poverty.
poverty.jpg

Those in poverty have lower academic performance. www.ascd.org/publications/book/109074/chapters/How-Poverty-Affects-Behavior-And-Academic-Performance.aspx

Thanks for posting that

It says so much about what republicans can do for blacks. The watermelon and fried chicken is such a nice touch

Apparently Democrats haven't done nothing for the 95% voting bloc. Black unemployment and poverty is significantly higher than other groups.

What have Republicans done to "earn" their 5% of the black vote?

REpresent their interests and beliefs.

You mean by posting racist cartoons like the one above?

Can you explain "racist" part?

You mean like Liberals putting policies of Affirmative Action in place telling blacks they have to get help in hiring consideration due to race because they can't do it on their own?

When Democrats pander to blacks, it's no surprise blacks vote for them. How's that black unemployment rate doing for that vote?

14e1cpi.jpg
Thanks for posting that

It says so much about what republicans can do for blacks. The watermelon and fried chicken is such a nice touch

Of course, you completely missed the point.
The "diversity" sign has even nicer touch.

Is asking for an equal education asking for special privileges? Should all American children receive an equal educational opportunity or should the children of the elite receive a better education?

Right, sneaking word "opportunity" where it fits agenda.

In the thirties most Americans accepted the idea that blacks were inferior in sports, oh blacks could box but could not play football or baseball like whites. The evidence, was pretty overwhelming, a black college player was indeed rare, and the pros had absolutely no black players. Blacks simply could not compete in either college or pro sports.
This is not the 30s.
Not any longer in sports and perhaps the military, but maybe it is still the Thirties, or worse, in education and other areas. It is a slow process, and maybe a costly one for America?
thought we covered that, the majority of minority schools have a higher spending per student than the white schools, the books are the same, the opportunity to learn is the same.
And your evidence is what?

I am Indian and I never hire Indians, they would much rather stay on the dole.
So, I hire Mexicans they work long and hard hours and rarely complain.
...and they save their money
If those Mexicans were a little smarter they wouldn't work for dumb injun.

illegitimacy causes poverty and harms education.

Meanwhile we've spend 50 years trying to treat the symptoms while even discussing the disease was taboo.

Naturally we have failed.
Believe it or not there are many others working on the problem today and some insight is being produced. Perhaps the first hurdle is convincing the American people that the failure to educate our poverty-young, black and white equally, is an American problem.

illegitimacy causes poverty and harms education.

Meanwhile we've spend 50 years trying to treat the symptoms while even discussing the disease was taboo.

Naturally we have failed.
Believe it or not there are many others working on the problem today and some insight is being produced. Perhaps the first hurdle is convincing the American people that the failure to educate our poverty-young, black and white equally, is an American problem.

So who do you want to pay for this education?

OP said:
What can republicans do for blacks?
Free them from slavery.
50afbbafd95580762f14671bfd7e7d58.jpg

That happened over 100 years ago(Thanks, by the way!!)

I am asking about present day America. You know, circa 2015.
And what happened between 1865 and 1965? Any ideas? Not much of historian.....are you.

100 years of Democratic Jim Crow!
That's right, you win the prize. Thank you for helping to substantiate my point that black folks have only been treated as full citizens for less than fifty years.

Of the same culture and economic background--they are the same.

Irrelevant factors.

If they are getting the same thing when it comes to what the entity giving it is supposed to be doing, those other factors don't matter.

Really ? Ok let's throw an example out . Public schools . Do you think all public schools
Are equal?

Schools are like neighborhoods. When you talk about a neighborhood, you can talk about the churches, the schools, the shopping malls, the entertainment, the property and home sizes. But what really makes a good neighborhood are the neighbors. Same holds true with schools.

I was taught in a Catholic school and a very small one at that. We averaged about 40 kids to a classroom. We had no lockers. We had no cafeteria. We had no library. We had no football fields. We didn't switch classes. We didn't have college educated teachers; we had nuns. The class that they gave you was where you sat all day.

Yet student per student, we would out perform any public school children on any level of academics.

Yeah I went to catholic school too. The teachers were idiots . BUT they had a big advantage as they could just throw out problem kids and not accept special needs kids .

Public schools do not have that option . Maybe they shoould ? But that's another topic .

You missed the point entirely, and that is it's not the teachers or the schools that make the difference. Do you think those nuns back in the 60's had bachelors degrees in education? They were poor nuns, probably some of them never graduated high school themselves.

And look at home schooling. They are doing fine and who knows how good of a teacher the mother is.

You are putting too much emphasis on the buildings and the people instead of the family where the student came from. In most cases, that's the major problem in our public education system.
OK, so when a youngster comes from an area that has produced problem children for some time should we see if there is a practical solution, or just continue pumping out kids that are problems and not educated?

That's right, you win the prize. Thank you for helping to substantiate my point that black folks have only been treated as full citizens for less than fifty years.

far more importantly, they have gone downhill in that time thanks to the near genocidal liberal programs.

In the 1950's black teen unemployment was less than white teen unemployment!!

Forum List

Back