What can republicans do for blacks?

And..?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

It means they got the same OPPORTUNITIES to learn as I did.
Okay

Then why do so many keep claiming that opportunities for blacks isn't the same as whites?

Cause the opportunities aren't the same .

If blacks sit in the same classes as whites, tell me why you think they aren't the same.

Of the same culture and economic background--they are the same.

Could not time in rank
I thought such actions as AA or simple discriminatory practices were not allowed and could be reported and actions reversed.

i cannot speak to the military.

Back when I was in management I personally was part of promotions where upper management dismissed the more qualified white candidates and only promoted blacks.

If you are talking about the private sector, AA is still enforce.
But in the military, AA is not to be used.

In other words, using a merit system, you supposed to promote the best candidate available regardless of their race.

Supposed to and do without making it appear that way are two different things. Who is going to admit they hired/admitted someone using race as a factor stating someone more qualified was passed over?

"More qualified" is bullshit . How many people get hired because of who they know or who they are related too?

Bias also can be subconscious , not even overt . Maybe a white interviewer had a better feeling about the white applicant . Not that he was out to get the black applicant , but he may have been more comfortable wh the white guy.

People never just get hired on objective criteria alone .

Which is a problem. One exception I give to this when we are talking about a private family business.

The family exception is one I can accept. If John Smith, Sr. has a business and he wants John Smith,Jr. to run it, no problem.

Okay

Then why do so many keep claiming that opportunities for blacks isn't the same as whites?

If blacks sit in the same classes as whites, tell me why you think they aren't the same.

Irrelevant factors.

If they are getting the same thing when it comes to what the entity giving it is supposed to be doing, those other factors don't matter.

Okay

Irrelevant factors.

If they are getting the same thing when it comes to what the entity giving it is supposed to be doing, those other factors don't matter.

It might matter in how well they USE those opportunities, but that is on them, and their families, or lack their of, not the schools or White America or Society or ect.

It let's you know EXACTLY what they think about us.

When I hear blacks use a specific term in reference to another black, that if used by a white it would be racist, it lets me know what you think about yourselves.
How often is that?

More often than you're willing to admit.
It was a personal question directed at you. How often do you observe that?

I see it on almost a daily basis
then we have the "music" if white people produced a "song" that referenced ******* and beating their ho and killing blacks, all hell would break loose.
But its ok when a black does it.

White people are producing that music . Who do you think is running backing record and distribution companies ?

When I hear blacks use a specific term in reference to another black, that if used by a white it would be racist, it lets me know what you think about yourselves.
How often is that?

then we have the "music" if white people produced a "song" that referenced ******* and beating their ho and killing blacks, all hell would break loose.

White people are producing that music . Who do you think is running backing record and distribution companies ?

At this late date? I imagine a very diverse workforce and CEOs.

This isn't the 1950s. Stop living in the past.

Okay

education and books are the same. What does economic background have to do with it, not to mention that at least in Maryland, the minority schools like in Baltimore have a larger amount of money per student than the out performing non minority schools in the counties. If it was money, you would expect to see the majority white schools doing worse than the majority black schools.
But lets for a moment say that both Chinequa and John Whitey come from the same community, from comparable families, and go to the same classes. John Whitey is a straight A student, Chinequa is a D student that got pregnant at the age of 14.
Explain why Chinequa deserves to be awarded a job based on race only.

Okay

Irrelevant factors.

Really ? Ok let's throw an example out . Public schools . Do you think all public schools
Are equal?

Okay

education and books are the same. What does economic background have to do with it, not to mention that at least in Maryland, the minority schools like in Baltimore have a larger amount of money per student than the out performing non minority schools in the counties. If it was money, you would expect to see the majority white schools doing worse than the majority black schools.
But lets for a moment say that both Chinequa and John Whitey come from the same community, from comparable families, and go to the same classes. John Whitey is a straight A student, Chinequa is a D student that got pregnant at the age of 14.
Explain why Chinequa deserves to be awarded a job based on race only.

Exactly. When it comes to what the schools are providing (lessons, etc.), the rest of what happens privately is irrelevant.

Irrelevant factors.

Really ? Ok let's throw an example out . Public schools . Do you think all public schools
Are equal?

In the district where I live, there are 19 high schools. Students at School A get the same funding per pupil as students in Schools B - S. The books for each class are the same district-wide. In fact, about 5 - 6 years ago, the district built new schools for all but 2 of them. The two that didn't get a new school as part of this were built not long before the program was started.

When it comes to the factors for which schools should be the same, yes. If you want to consider personal economic background of the students at each school, no but that isn't a factor that is part of what the school is designed to do.

How often is that?

They aren't writing the lyrics.

How often is that?

They arent accepting or buying the garbage either.
Well, most aren't, there are some confused white kids out there.

NOt really. THose communities tend to be on bus lines and to be connected to places with jobs.

Pull up the pants, lose the accent and the attitude and suddenly, prospects.
His excuses are just that, excuses. I was in prison with 0 job prospects and I'm doing just fine now.
Did you know that a white male with a prison record has better job prospects than a clean black male with a college degree?

:link:
I'm on my phone, Google it.

On my phone too.
That doesn't give me carte Blanche to spew bullshit
He can't provide you any evidence because it's complete bullshit.

I love how a bunch of white conservatives , who probably never have even had a conversation with a black american, have all the answers on why they don't vote for the GOP .
I know right?

Fuck both of you. I've lived the thug life. I ran with the worst crowd and paid a dear price for it. I contribute most of my success to my conservative principles. Most of the prisoners I knew, most of which were black & Mexican, were more interested in their image than they were their future.
Your success is not predicated on having a conversation with someone else. Your needs as a black man are no different than mine as a white man. Your excuses as a black man are vastly different than mine as a white but in the end they are nothing more than excuses.

If you think it's only "some" you've been out of the loop too long. That poison is VERY popular among white kids

In the thirties most Americans accepted the idea that blacks were inferior in sports, oh blacks could box but could not play football or baseball like whites. The evidence, was pretty overwhelming, a black college player was indeed rare, and the pros had absolutely no black players. Blacks simply could not compete in either college or pro sports.

If you think it's only "some" you've been out of the loop too long. That poison is VERY popular among white kids
Not very prevalent in my community. I have to drive into Annapolis to witness the wiggers in action.
See, I can say wigger and its ok because I'm white and I'm talking about other whites. Black people can say wigger because then its racist.

In the thirties most Americans accepted the idea that blacks were inferior in sports, oh blacks could box but could not play football or baseball like whites. The evidence, was pretty overwhelming, a black college player was indeed rare, and the pros had absolutely no black players. Blacks simply could not compete in either college or pro sports.
This is not the 30s.

libs want illegals here- pubs do not. This should get many blacks to vote for the conservatives.
Untrue
I've seen it in county commissioners' meetings (where the (R) members are grove owners), in the State legislature, and with all big property owners.
Neither democrat or republican wants to upset their workforce.
Any "republican" supporting amnesty or "path to citizenship" is pandering to big money donors and doesn't give two shits about you, me, or America.

This is not the 30s.
Not any longer in sports and perhaps the military, but maybe it is still the Thirties, or worse, in education and other areas. It is a slow process, and maybe a costly one for America?

Forum List

Back