What came first, The chicken or The egg? Science vs Religion

who do you believe about the creation of life?

• Total voters
Then correct your OP.
You are assuming the Bible contradicts science.
I asked for verses from the Bible to prove that contention.
In other words, I didn't jump the gun and insult you.
I responses directly to your assertion.

If you are now going to back up into a corner and be dishonest concerning your opening post, I suggest you simply edit it to change your assertion.

Contradict means- assert the opposite of a statement made by someone. Science says human life evolved from single cell organism.
Contradict means- Be in conflict with. Science; human evolved from single cell organism Bible; God created man with soil
There isn't any conflict with the two? I never said it contradicts the whole bible as some of you assume. I just stated that science theory of humans evolved from single cell organisms contradicts the bibles God created man out of soil.
Soil doesn't contain single cell organisms?
Do we know what was in the soil?
The theory of evolution is that human evolved from a single cell organism not soil. Soil would contain multiple single cell organisms more and likely. But where did I say there wasn't any single cell organisms in soil? And if you cant understand the difference by god creating man from soil and science says we evolved from a single cell organism, you maybe should read genesis in the bible and google the theory of evolution.
Either your being a smartass or just plain dumb to not understand what I'm saying about the two.
Theory is not science.

A scientific theory is an idea so well-supported by empirical and theoretical evidence that it is accepted as a correct explanation for the purpose of doing science, until it is shown to be incorrect. Some scientific theories are so well supported that they are considered fact. Evolution is one of these theories.

If you want to challenge this theory, then start publishing acience which contradicts it. No, all of this internet squawking is not a challenge to an accepted scientific theory.
Let's put it this way, if evolution was a fact, every insect and animal would have nothing upon which to prey.
Presuming neither of us has any formal science education I tend to defer to science professionals who scoff at evolution due to the plethora of unexplained phenomena that they experience in their fields.
Basically, evolution is a nice theory backed up by non-verifiable facts that don't explain too many facts that surround us.
It's also the last refuge of the atheist.
Now if you can explain to me why deer never grew wings to escape lions...

Contradict means- assert the opposite of a statement made by someone. Science says human life evolved from single cell organism.
Contradict means- Be in conflict with. Science; human evolved from single cell organism Bible; God created man with soil
There isn't any conflict with the two? I never said it contradicts the whole bible as some of you assume. I just stated that science theory of humans evolved from single cell organisms contradicts the bibles God created man out of soil.
The theory of evolution is that human evolved from a single cell organism not soil. Soil would contain multiple single cell organisms more and likely. But where did I say there wasn't any single cell organisms in soil? And if you cant understand the difference by god creating man from soil and science says we evolved from a single cell organism, you maybe should read genesis in the bible and google the theory of evolution.
Either your being a smartass or just plain dumb to not understand what I'm saying about the two.
Theory is not science.

A scientific theory is an idea so well-supported by empirical and theoretical evidence that it is accepted as a correct explanation for the purpose of doing science, until it is shown to be incorrect. Some scientific theories are so well supported that they are considered fact. Evolution is one of these theories.

If you want to challenge this theory, then start publishing acience which contradicts it. No, all of this internet squawking is not a challenge to an accepted scientific theory.
Let's put it this way, if evolution was a fact, every insect and animal would have nothing upon which to prey.
Presuming neither of us has any formal science education I tend to defer to science professionals who scoff at evolution due to the plethora of unexplained phenomena that they experience in their fields.
Basically, evolution is a nice theory backed up by non-verifiable facts that don't explain too many facts that surround us.

"Let's put it this way, if evolution was a fact, every insect and animal would have nothing upon which to prey."

I and the global scientific community remain unmoved by your authoritative declaration (made from a position of no authority at all).

Maybe you would like to take the next rational step and try to explain why your authoritative declaration is true? Be very specific, because your argument will be scrutinized.

Theory is not science.

"Now if you can explain to me why deer never grew wings to escape lions..."

Because they don't all need to escape predators to ensure survival of the species. Having evolved from another land based species, simply having numbers and being fast runners sufficed. What a simple question...kind of a softball there, dude. Like, middle school science level.

Theory is not science.

"Let's put it this way, if evolution was a fact, every insect and animal would have nothing upon which to prey."

I and the global scientific community remain unmoved by your authoritative declaration (made from a position of no authority at all).

Maybe you would like to take the next rational step and try to explain why your authoritative declaration is true? Be very specific, because your argument will be scrutinized.
Please let me know when you meet these authorities in person and find out who's paying them.
In the meanwhile, email some of them and ask them why millions of insects and animals opted out of no longer being prey...maybe they're suicidal?

Theory is not science.

Because they don't all need to escape predators to ensure survival of the species. Having evolved from another land based species, simply having numbers and being fast runners sufficed. What a simple question...kind of a softball there, dude. Like, middle school science level.
That's a pretty stupid answer for the African continent.

Theory is not science.

Please let me know when you meet these authorities in person and find out who's paying them.
In the meanwhile, email some of them and ask them why millions of insects and animals opted out of no longer being prey...maybe they're suicidal?

Why should I email them? That's ypur ridiculous claim. And for you to accuse the scientific community of all beong liars for money is really the height of absurdity. Imagine the gall of some uneducated slob calling the scientific community liars... What a joke...

Theory is not science.

Why is it a stupid answer? Be a big boy, use your words....

Theory is not science.

Why should I email them? That's ypur ridiculous claim. And for you to accuse the scientific community of all beong liars for money is really the height of absurdity. Imagine the gall of some uneducated slob calling the scientific community liars... What a joke...
Most studies are bought and paid for.
I presume you don't know many academians; I do.

Theory is not science.

I see...your memory is poor so you require constant reiteration.

No, you can't simply fund a scientific study to get the result you want. What a stupid thing to claim. You confuse your authoritative, magical religious culture with the evidence-based realm of science.

Last edited:

You never said 'why", so there is nothing to remember.

Last edited:
So then what makes someone believe in a higher power without religion? Without a religion how can you believe in a higher power? What would make someone believe there is a higher power?

Religion is the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power especially a personal god or gods(a higher power).
Religion is a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance.
What's your point? To me, religion requires me to follow someone else's idea of who and what God is. Flog me if the dictionary doesn't agree.
You never answered any questions that I had asked pertaining to your statement that religion and believing in a higher power is not the same. I provided a definition which is fact you provided nothing so your statement is strictly based on your opinion and without providing and evidence to support you statement, your statement is false.
I'm not interested in engaging in a flame war or insult contest. If you are looking to stir up shit, there's always the Flame Zone.
Questioning your statement is engaging in a flame war or insult contest or stirring shit up?
You were attempting to antagonize me and you know it.
I was only challenging your opinion and was curious to see what makes you think that. You could teach me something new. I might of been a little aggressive but it wasn't meant to be personal.

No, you can't simply fund a study to get the result you want. what a stupid thing to claim. Your credibility is less than zero,.
I do understand why some people wouldn't agree with me. Some people believe in god more then others and some don't believe in god at all. And maybe our creator or creators are aliens and we are just a sick experiment for their entertainment. I'm just saying that science contradicts the bibles version on how we are created. Not entirely about everything. I never said god couldn't influence evolution. For me it is easier to believe the bible then science when it comes to the creation of the first human life
Then correct your OP.

If you are now going to back up into a corner and be dishonest concerning your opening post, I suggest you simply edit it to change your assertion.

Theory is not science.
No shit. Where did that come from? Are you accusing me of not knowing the difference? People that study and practice science are called scientist, and with using science the developed a theory in which makes most sense to them in an attempt to discover how human life was created. Using "Science" humans developed the "Theory" that human life started from a single cell organism that evolved in to what is known as the Human Species.

Theory is not a fact. Hence it being considered a Theory. My opinion in going with God created the first human life out of soil is no different then people going with The Theory of evolution. Neither has been proven and to me Human life evolving from a microscopic single cell organism out in the environment and surviving the elements and predators and finding food, water, and shelter with no guidance in the beginning stages of life as an infant to an age where we survive on our own is no more possible than God creating human life from soil.

No, you can't simply fund a scientific study to get the result you want. What a stupid thing to claim. You confuse your authoritative, magical religious culture with the evidence-based realm of science.
Have you always been this naive?
It happens all the time.

You never said 'why", so there is nothing to remember.
I'm waiting for the flying deer.

No, you can't simply fund a study to get the result you want. what a stupid thing to claim. Your credibility is less than zero,.
Then correct your OP.

Theory is not science.
No shit. Where did that come from? Are you accusing me of not knowing the difference? People that study and practice science are called scientist, and with using science the developed a theory in which makes most sense to them in an attempt to discover how human life was created. Using "Science" humans developed the "Theory" that human life started from a single cell organism that evolved in to what is known as the Human Species.

Theory is not a fact. Hence it being considered a Theory. My opinion in going with God created the first human life out of soil is no different then people going with The Theory of evolution. Neither has been proven and to me Human life evolving from a microscopic single cell organism out in the environment and surviving the elements and predators and finding food, water, and shelter with no guidance in the beginning stages of life as an infant to an age where we survive on our own is no more possible than God creating human life from soil.
I will make inquiries.

Theory is not science.

I will make inquiries.
Your going to make inquires that I think theory and science are the same? Actually theory goes hand and hand with science. Some one comes up with a theory and they use science to determine whether its fact or false and some theories still haven't been proven to be false so is still considered to be theory.

Theory is not science.

I will make inquiries.
Your going to make inquires that I think theory and science are the same? Actually theory goes hand and hand with science. Some one comes up with a theory and they use science to determine whether its fact or false and some theories still haven't been proven to be false so is still considered to be theory.
Technically the definitions are different but where do I say that theory is science. They go hand and hand but I never said they are the sane. I cant wait for your assumptions

Theory is not science.

I will make inquiries.
Many theories can be proven.
Evolution cannot be proven.
There are too many exceptions to believe in evolution without solid proof.

Then correct your OP.

Theory is not science.

"Theory is not a fact. Hence it being considered a Theory."

100% incorrect. Dang, why do so many make this error, and keep making it, even after being corrected?

"My opinion in going with God created the first human life out of soil is no different then people going with The Theory of evolution. "

Other than one idea being supported by mountains of mutually supportive evidence, while the other idea is supported by not a shred of evidence. Most people think that's an important difference.

And again: the theory of evolution does not address the formation of the earliest life.

Forum List

Back