What About Antarctica?

JuniorCitizen

Rookie
Aug 27, 2008
I just happened to come across a myspace page for some group looking to make Antarctica a country. I think it's a joke, but who knows. But it brings up some thought-provoking ideas. Here's a link if anyone wants to know what I'm talking about.

MySpace.com - The Antarctic Indepenence Movement - 99 - Male - www.myspace.com/antarcticindependence

Anyways, it made me more observant of global discussions. Like, this board doesnt even have a place for Antarctic news except general global. I know it's a science haven, but you never hear about what's going on in Antarctica. In fact, I never thought about it's political status before. Will Antarctica ever become the center of a political struggle. If it does have coal and oil, will countries all of a sudden want to to exploit it?

I don't know...what do others think?

Last edited:
I think we should open up Antactica for exploration and mining of its valuable ice resources.

You can never have too much of that stuff on hand when company comes and I for one am tired of having to make my own artifical ice in those little trays in my freezer, when there's so much nature ice to be had.

And I think we'd better do this quickly before the commies take it over too.

Ya'll do know what happens if the communists take over Antarctica don't you?

Well, for the first five years nothing happens.... then they run out of ice.

I think we should invade the place and install a true democratic government. I'm with editec on this one...it's all about the ice!

The important question is...what are the political leanings of the penguins? I saw March of the Penguins, & unfortunately they look like commies to me.

I understand that there's a fiar amount of homosexual behavior among those birds, too.

Can we really trust them to honor contracts with us?

I'm afraid we're going to have to solve the penguin problem before we become the world's ice kings.

Perhaps we need to start arming polar bears.

I understand that there's a fiar amount of homosexual behavior among those birds, too.

Can we really trust them to honor contracts with us?

I'm afraid we're going to have to solve the penguin problem before we become the world's ice kings.

Perhaps we need to start arming polar bears.

We can armor them and give them steel claws, that was just such a neat movie.

We can armor them and give them steel claws, that was just such a neat movie.

I was thinking more like American made LAWS rockets and poison gas because those would be good for the economy (bad for the taxpayers, of course, but when has that ever stopped us?)

Countries cannot be "invented". They evolve from some sort of political and ethnocultural context.

The penguin and the seal would make a good logo for the adopted country's flag. Now where is the application to sign up. Is their territories in Antarctica that belong to a particular nation?

Beat you all, the Iron Cross flies over the South Pole! Where do you think Hitler escaped to? To the ancient frozen continent. Using recovered alien technology the NAZIs have made a super submarine base and guard the deep hole to the inside of the Earth. Prepare for the Fourth Reich to come riding in on Anti-matter powered submarines!

And this shall all be precursed by an invasion of Pterodactyls recovered from the Inside Earth. And these Pterodactyls have Lumberjack Ninja levels of deadliness.

All your base are belong to us.

Last edited:
So are those Not Quite Bible Stories available for purchase at a book retailer near me?

So are those Not Quite Bible Stories available for purchase at a book retailer near me?

Possibly. I have a list of links on the website. If you go to Google, click "more" then "books" and do a search for the book, a single link should come up. Click it then the link to BookSense on the right. It should take you to a page where you can do a search by zip code.

It may take you to the Indie BookStore homepage. There's a link at the bottom to the store finder.

If it isn't in stock, they can order it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back