what a reasonable group of people

Definitely not tolerant...not sure its any less peaceful than punishments in the US as we actually kill people...and the reasonableness of it merely has to do with cultural and religious differences. By the way...we in the US have the highest rate of incarceration in the world...significantly higher than Iran...would you be comfortable with Iran condemning the US on that?

people that take the rights of others by killing them deserve to have their rights taken from them....but that has nothing to do with what i posted....

are you justifying irans behavior because the US does it too or are justifying the US behaviour because iran does it as well....

did you actually read the article? because i like you to link me up to the last time a us citizen was publiclay flogged for....drinking and having sex

or arrested for having a religous text in their car.....

people that take the rights of others by killing them deserve to have their rights taken from them....but that has nothing to do with what i posted....

are you justifying irans behavior because the US does it too or are justifying the US behaviour because iran does it as well....

did you actually read the article? because i like you to link me up to the last time a us citizen was publiclay flogged for....drinking and having sex

or arrested for having a religous text in their car.....

Well not to help Larkinn BUT there was that teenager in Georgia that got 10 years for having consentual sex with another teenager. And we do have a fellow that will be tried for a HATE crime for flushing a Koran down the toilet. :rolleyes:

Well not to help Larkinn BUT there was that teenager in Georgia that got 10 years for having consentual sex with another teenager. And we do have a fellow that will be tried for a HATE crime for flushing a Koran down the toilet. :rolleyes:

well ya got me...the US is as bad as Iran....:bowdown:

Oh yeah.. Almost the same treatment the Jews gave Jesus, minus a few nails.

But so what? Im not Jewish. Who am I to tell some other country how to keep peace and order. Yeah It pisses me off that the Jews killed Jesus, but he wasnt following the bible that he himself supposedly wrote, so whatever.

:evil:

80 lashes really aint that big of a deal. We see kids in THIS COUNTRY get KILLED for less than that. Get focused, people.

Oh yeah.. Almost the same treatment the Jews gave Jesus, minus a few nails.

But so what? Im not Jewish. Who am I to tell some other country how to keep peace and order. Yeah It pisses me off that the Jews killed Jesus, but he wasnt following the bible that he himself supposedly wrote, so whatever.

:evil:

80 lashes really aint that big of a deal. We see kids in THIS COUNTRY get KILLED for less than that. Get focused, people.

the romans killed jesus.....and jesus was a jew as well....and a heritic in the eyes of the evil jews....

he had to die...it was gods will.....

so in essence his own "father" had him murdered.....

how is that for spin.....

but back to the topic at hand .....50 lashes from the religion of peace for havin a nip and bit of the old in out....great group of people.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=477088&in_page_id=1770

so tollerant, so peaceful, so reasonble we should sit down and talk with them......

You do realise that Bush going into Iraq helped the right leaning partys in Iran dont you?

You see Iran has a very large population of Young people who very much want a free society but the scare of Bush and his attack on a Muslim country helped Amadinajhad get elected and pushed the country to the right.

This is why is pays to REALLY know your enemy.

the romans killed jesus.....and jesus was a jew as well....and a heritic in the eyes of the evil jews....

he had to die...it was gods will.....

so in essence his own "father" had him murdered.....

how is that for spin.....

but back to the topic at hand .....50 lashes from the religion of peace for havin a nip and bit of the old in out....great group of people.....

And that's the problem with theocracies and why the state and religion need to be separate. In a secular society the criminal justice system is separate from religion. Break secular laws, which are democratically enacted, and you'll be punished but the punishment will be managed along secular lines, considerations of punishment, retribution, rehabilitation will come into play, punishment won't be imposed "because God said so."

Great defense, "lets Investigate Republicans cause Liberals murder people" You have no defense for the Kennedy's and so resort to cheap tricks to try and ignore it. It isn't just the Kennedy's and you damn well know it. A republican gets accused and he is toast, vilified and crucified in the press long before any legal action is even contemplated. A democrat gets accused? The Press doesn't even mention his political party, they do not report anything unless forced to by pressure from bloggers or other sources. The Accused is defended not vilified in the press. lets recall how Jefferson was treated after a LEGAL search warrent was carried out on his offices in DC.

Yes yes, liberals are treated so easily and conservatives so harshly. Its all a big conspiracy against you isn't it RGS?

But do go on about the level playing field for Conservatives and Liberals. Conservatives get caught, they resign in disgrace, Liberals get caught and use the publicity to run for reelection.

It is a level playing field. It depends on the area where it happens and what the issues are.

posted by manu

And most of the world thinks that is barbaric. Suddenly I suppose you will trumpet state sovreignity and how you don't care about what the rest of the world thinks, right? But, of course, Iran is supposed to care.

Neither I am attempting to make you realize the correlation between the two. You aren't criticizing Iran because you disagree with them, you are criticizing them because you dislike them and don't understand them.

Would you rather be flogged, or be sentenced to life in prison? We have sentenced people to life in prison for smoking a joint or stealing a slice of pizza.

its easy to find extreams and magnify them. this thread is basicly rasist propaganda.
oh,and get over this whole lib and reps left and right crap, they are all the same. you crave identity.

its easy to find extreams and magnify them. this thread is basicly rasist propaganda.
oh,and get over this whole lib and reps left and right crap, they are all the same. you crave identity.

Excellent point on hyper-partisanship but condemning using public stonings and floggings as racist is pushing it.

Well, theres a consequence for all of our actions, isnt there? And who says we are so much more peaceful than they are? After all, we are the only nation to ever have dropped nuclear warheads on a living breathing populace- and not just one, for that matter.

Peace is nothing to root for, compared with freedom. However, I do share in your condolences for this man- he should have the right to fuck and to drink whenever he so chooses, without fear of reprisal. BUT, there are things that we dont have the freedom to do that other nations do. Its apples and oranges. In their nation, its about religious purity, above all else. They are doing the right thing, punishing someone for having impure actions. And just think- their teenage and unwed women pregnancy rate is probably very low because of perverts like this one getting a good ass whoopin.

In fact, the next time YOU or someone YOU know goes out on Saturday night and fucks and chucks some drunk girl, just to show up at church the next day proclaiming to be a Christian, or whatever else, its time to think twice about that persons' or your own sincerity with God.

Sorry, I know thats an extreme thing to say, but when ones sincerity with God is the major factor in the law, as it happens to be with mr 80 lashes, then thats the way their law is, and we HAVE to respect that. They do not live under our constitution or in our country. They have a culture all their own, and I have much respect for (some) corporal punishment for people who go out and get drunk or have sex without relationships, etc.. If I ever catch my son having sex with some strange girl, or multiple women, hes going to get it also- well- not 80 lashes, but a good whoop on the ass would be in order.
Furthermore, if I caught ANYONE raping or trying to kill someone, I would probably do the same amount of damage to that assailant as they did... if not more.

My question is: Why is it okay in our culture to beat the shit out of someone for one thing, but not for another? And why are we so hell bent and egocentric about these things that we actually go so far as to calling other cultures names (violent, etc) for letting certain things go that WE consider heinous, but beating up people for issues that they might find heinous, while we do not? BFD!!! Let other cultures deal with law and order their way. Its THEIR culture, not ours. We have NO say in the matter.

Well, theres a consequence for all of our actions, isnt there? And who says we are so much more peaceful than they are? After all, we are the only nation to ever have dropped nuclear warheads on a living breathing populace- and not just one, for that matter.

Peace is nothing to root for, compared with freedom. However, I do share in your condolences for this man- he should have the right to fuck and to drink whenever he so chooses, without fear of reprisal. BUT, there are things that we dont have the freedom to do that other nations do. Its apples and oranges. In their nation, its about religious purity, above all else. They are doing the right thing, punishing someone for having impure actions. And just think- their teenage and unwed women pregnancy rate is probably very low because of perverts like this one getting a good ass whoopin.

In fact, the next time YOU or someone YOU know goes out on Saturday night and fucks and chucks some drunk girl, just to show up at church the next day proclaiming to be a Christian, or whatever else, its time to think twice about that persons' or your own sincerity with God.

Sorry, I know thats an extreme thing to say, but when ones sincerity with God is the major factor in the law, as it happens to be with mr 80 lashes, then thats the way their law is, and we HAVE to respect that. They do not live under our constitution or in our country. They have a culture all their own, and I have much respect for (some) corporal punishment for people who go out and get drunk or have sex without relationships, etc.. If I ever catch my son having sex with some strange girl, or multiple women, hes going to get it also- well- not 80 lashes, but a good whoop on the ass would be in order.
Furthermore, if I caught ANYONE raping or trying to kill someone, I would probably do the same amount of damage to that assailant as they did... if not more.

My question is: Why is it okay in our culture to beat the shit out of someone for one thing, but not for another? And why are we so hell bent and egocentric about these things that we actually go so far as to calling other cultures names (violent, etc) for letting certain things go that WE consider heinous, but beating up people for issues that they might find heinous, while we do not? BFD!!! Let other cultures deal with law and order their way. Its THEIR culture, not ours. We have NO say in the matter.

like what?....and you are ok with beating some one for having a drink and having sex?.....

it is fact not propaganda ..... it is their choice to beat people with sticks for having a drink ..... how is that racist?

like what?....and you are ok with beating some one for having a drink and having sex?.....

I see you failed to read my entire post.

Let me put it to you this way: While WE may not be okay with people getting beaten and tortured, etc, etc for one thing, we ARE okay with them getting corporal and capital punishments for others. THEY may not be okay with what we believe are good reasons for inflicting physical pain on people for doing certain things. Vice versa!

Just because we have a different belief system than they do, doesnt make ours right and theirs wrong.

Look at it this way- maybe if WE hadnt committed sexual crimes against our prisoners (their soldiers and informants) then maybe our soldiers wouldnt have been beheaded, and executed in other ways. WE might think that taking naked pictures of men while we force them to bend over each other doggy style is NO BIG DEAL, but they certainly DO, and WE need to fucking respect that, man. WE may think that its a huge deal that our men were killed for "no reason", but thats not how it is.

For US, murder is the bigger issue. For THEM, sexual/ biblical deviancy is the biggest issue. When we respect theim, they will most likely respect us.
We have to respect that in different parts of the world, people are :shock: DIFFERENT. (OMG!)

Lmao...Bush is NOT "a little right of center". He is far right. You assume that anything that does not fit into traditional conservatism fits into liberalism.

Man you can not read can you. He didn't call Bush liberal. He called him right of center. Since right is not left, where liberalism is. Need me to draw ya a map? Serioulsy when is misinterpretting the very clear gonna stop with you? He isn't far right either. If he was he wouldn't be spending like a kid on a candy spree for one thing.

Man you can not read can you. He didn't call Bush liberal. He called him right of center. Since right is not left, where liberalism is. Need me to draw ya a map? Serioulsy when is misinterpretting the very clear gonna stop with you? He isn't far right either. If he was he wouldn't be spending like a kid on a candy spree for one thing.

He didn't call Bush a liberal? Gee, maybe I figured that out when I said "Lmao...Bush is NOT "a little right of center". Or do you interpret "little right of center" to mean liberal?

And really...make sure you've read something correctly before admonitioning me about reading comprehension. I am very good at it. You, not so much. So before you try to correct me, read it over again so I don't have to embarass you again. Not fun for you, and while its amusing for me, I would rather not waste my time.

He didn't call Bush a liberal? Gee, maybe I figured that out when I said "Lmao...Bush is NOT "a little right of center". Or do you interpret "little right of center" to mean liberal?

And really...make sure you've read something correctly before admonitioning me about reading comprehension. I am very good at it. You, not so much. So before you try to correct me, read it over again so I don't have to embarass you again. Not fun for you, and while its amusing for me, I would rather not waste my time.

Yes yes, all us inferiors will now bow and scrape before the towering intellect of You Larkinn. Please bless us with more words of wisdom and intelligence so that our days will be a little brighter just knowing you have stooped so low as to cast pearls before swine.

We should all say a prayer that you continue stooping to our low level of intelligence and continue to provide guidance and words of wit and wisdom for us misguided ignorant hicks and fools.

Ohh and thanks for taking time out of your busy day and trying to improve our lot in life. I hope you aren't late to your class that none of us are smart enough to even attend. Thank you, Thank you.

Forum List

Back