Where Lay The Roots of Evil?

Please don't tell me this bloke gets paid for this drivel...please. Tell me he's kept around as the office mascot and punches out this lightweight crap as part of his rehab.

I mean, no, no-one could pay someone for this bullshit.

Exhbit P.1

Decent people have sought to identify the roots of evil since the first indecent person inflicted cruelty on an innocent person. And people have come up with one or more of nine explanations, most of which are indeed valid.

Bullshit. Humans, animals that we are, simply acted with and against each other. It took a long time in terms of human development before we worked out that banging each other over the head with rocks wasn't the way to move the species along.

As for his crap about "victimhood", oh so very last election or the one before.
Sorry Mr Prager, some ideas are far too complex for you to understand. Go and report on football or something.

The roots of evil lay in the hearts and minds of idiots that promote war yet reject any personal participation in it. I'm talking to you, georgie dubya.

Please don't tell me this bloke gets paid for this drivel...please. Tell me he's kept around as the office mascot and punches out this lightweight crap as part of his rehab.

I mean, no, no-one could pay someone for this bullshit.

Exhbit P.1

Bullshit. Humans, animals that we are, simply acted with and against each other. It took a long time in terms of human development before we worked out that banging each other over the head with rocks wasn't the way to move the species along.

As for his crap about "victimhood", oh so very last election or the one before.
Sorry Mr Prager, some ideas are far too complex for you to understand. Go and report on football or something.

He dropped his Proddie programmed handcuffs with his very first word.

Please don't tell me this bloke gets paid for this drivel...please. Tell me he's kept around as the office mascot and punches out this lightweight crap as part of his rehab. I mean, no, no-one could pay someone for this bullshit.

What is so preposterous to you about this article? I will agree with you that it is not one of Prager’s better articles, but his topic is worthy of thought and consideration. I believe that is what he was trying to get his readers to do—give some thought to the roots/sources of evil in the world. I personally could see a link to evil in each of the ten items listed.

If my belief is even partially correct, the preoccupation of much of America with telling whole groups that they are victims – of racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia and classism, among other American sins – can only increase cruelty and evil in America.

Sounds like he is full of crap and pretty much admits to it, by saying that his "belief" MIGHT be atleast partially correct? :lol:

there is no such thing as good and evil. it is a human construction, trying to make sence of the world in a simplyfied way. we over estimate our will power. All humans are capable of good and bad, on top of that it matters what your opinoin of good and bad is. We are animals, and we can't excape our instincts, somtimes suppresing our instincts causes evil behaviour, somtimes not suppresing it causes evil behaviour. Depends also on the view of the norm. There are so many factors contributing to our behaviour, we are a tribal animal, and politics are natural to us. The civilized world has been around a fraction of human history, we are the same animal we were when we hunted and gathered. We need to recognise this and not blame instincts for causing evil (or not adering to the tribal view of good and evil). but blame sociaty for suppressing our instincts. we will not understand human behaviour until we do.

A human construction? what happens is not a construct, it is real, call it whatever you like, killing people in any way other than self defense is evil. And war can be self defense. And while we are animals we are animals conscious of the consequences of our actions.

Forum List

Back