What A Horrifying Announcement!

"The GOP has become “corrupt, indecent and immoral,” Schmidt added.
Like, lately?
:rofl:
What a load of horseshit.

One less RINO. Mr virtue signaler. He left the party a long time before now. Next up Nicole Wallace

‘Today I renounce my membership’: Longtime GOP strategist Steve Schmidt announces he’s leaving his party

Republican strategist Steve Schmidt, a senior adviser to the presidential campaign of Sen. John McCain (Ariz.), announced early Wednesday that he is leaving the Republican Party, which he decried as “fully the party of Trump” and “a danger to our democracy and values.”

In early-morning tweets, Schmidt, a vocal Trump critic, urged voters to elect Democrats in the 2018 midterm elections and harshly criticized the administration’s policy of separating migrant children from their parents at the U.S. border, describing the government-run detention centers as “internment camps for babies.”

“29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote and became a member of The Republican Party which was founded in 1854 to oppose slavery and stand for the dignity of human life,” Schmidt wrote. “Today I renounce my membership in the Republican Party. It is fully the party of Trump.”

And he is right. When Trump was elected, political analysts speculated on whether the Republican party would change Trump or Trump would change the party.

It has become the Party of Trump, with it's members vying to outdo each other in their devotion to Trump and none with the courage to stand up to his most contentious policies. Very sad.

You know Schmidt has been SKEWERING Trump for months. Throwing out vicissitudes about his own party for rolling over and playing dead to KING Donald. And he could get away with saying shit, NO DEMOCRATIC pol or MSNBC talking head would DARE SAY! He has been on fire. Looks like he has made it official.

Steve Schmidt leaves ‘the party of Trump’: ‘The GOP has become a danger to our democracy’

default.gif

TRAVIS GETTYS
20 JUN 2018 AT 06:13 ET

Steve Schmidt

@SteveSchmidtSES

29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote and became a member of The Republican Party which was founded in 1854 to oppose slavery and stand for the dignity of human life. Today I renounce my membership in the Republican Party. It is fully the party of Trump.

2:41 AM - Jun 20, 2018
He called the party “corrupt, indecent and immoral,” and he said with few exceptions Republican elected officials were “feckless cowards who disgrace and dishonor the legacies of the party’s greatest leaders.”

“This child separation policy is connected to the worst abuses of Humanity in our history,” Schmidt said. “It is connected by the same evil that separated families...

Steve Schmidt leaves 'the party of Trump': 'The GOP has become a danger to our democracy'

‘Today I renounce my membership’: Longtime GOP strategist Steve Schmidt announces he’s leaving his party

Republican strategist Steve Schmidt, a senior adviser to the presidential campaign of Sen. John McCain (Ariz.), announced early Wednesday that he is leaving the Republican Party, which he decried as “fully the party of Trump” and “a danger to our democracy and values.”

In early-morning tweets, Schmidt, a vocal Trump critic, urged voters to elect Democrats in the 2018 midterm elections and harshly criticized the administration’s policy of separating migrant children from their parents at the U.S. border, describing the government-run detention centers as “internment camps for babies.”

“29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote and became a member of The Republican Party which was founded in 1854 to oppose slavery and stand for the dignity of human life,” Schmidt wrote. “Today I renounce my membership in the Republican Party. It is fully the party of Trump.”

And he is right. When Trump was elected, political analysts speculated on whether the Republican party would change Trump or Trump would change the party.

It has become the Party of Trump, with it's members vying to outdo each other in their devotion to Trump and none with the courage to stand up to his most contentious policies. Very sad.

That's a silly statement.

Why would they stand against that with which they agree?

The others who are whining, like Corker and Ryan, have dropped out of their respective races because they have no support among Republican voters.

You know Schmidt has been SKEWERING Trump for months. Throwing out vicissitudes about his own party for rolling over and playing dead to KING Donald. And he could get away with saying shit, NO DEMOCRATIC pol or MSNBC talking head would DARE SAY! He has been on fire. Looks like he has made it official.

Steve Schmidt leaves ‘the party of Trump’: ‘The GOP has become a danger to our democracy’

default.gif

TRAVIS GETTYS
20 JUN 2018 AT 06:13 ET

Steve Schmidt

@SteveSchmidtSES

29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote and became a member of The Republican Party which was founded in 1854 to oppose slavery and stand for the dignity of human life. Today I renounce my membership in the Republican Party. It is fully the party of Trump.

2:41 AM - Jun 20, 2018
He called the party “corrupt, indecent and immoral,” and he said with few exceptions Republican elected officials were “feckless cowards who disgrace and dishonor the legacies of the party’s greatest leaders.”

“This child separation policy is connected to the worst abuses of Humanity in our history,” Schmidt said. “It is connected by the same evil that separated families...

Steve Schmidt leaves 'the party of Trump': 'The GOP has become a danger to our democracy'
Steve as was his mentor, McCain isn't afraid of Trump, calls it like he sees it and should be an example to the neo nuts who call themselves conservatives.....I don't think the GOP will ever recoup from daddy Trumps massacre of their party. Ted Cruz who shut down the federal gov. under OBama because of the budget, is hiding in a corner scared shitless of Trump. Ryan who was a pay as you go hawk under Obama got his dick stuck between his legs and can't move, Mitch, the Obama one term president, is just dumb founded and would give half the skin off his neck for a 3rd term Obama and the rest, is just hopeless and sad....

Too little, too late. I won’t pat the asshole on the back. He stood back for decades and profited from the radicalization of the right.
I disagree Any enemy of my enemy is my friend Been listening to him for a while now ,one of very very few outspoken republicans And today calling out all republicans including their leaders puts the icing on the cake for me

Appointed as a strategy expert by George Bush. How did that work out? Worked on the McCain campaign. That turned out well too. Another RINO leaves the heard and good riddance.

"The GOP has become “corrupt, indecent and immoral,” Schmidt added.
Like, lately?
:rofl:
What a load of horseshit.

Take it up with SCHMIDT...One of his QUOTES...

Steve-schmidt, "Trump White House is as vile as monkeys-hurling-excrement."

Last edited:
All the horror of Michael Moore quitting the NRA. Gasp ...

Frankly, I never heard of this guy prior to reading the Wiki entry.

GOP strategist Steve Schmidt denounces party, will vote for Democrats
All the horror of Michael Moore quitting the NRA. Gasp ...

Frankly, I never heard of this guy prior to reading the Wiki entry.

GOP strategist Steve Schmidt denounces party, will vote for Democrats

Well, if you are a political board, I don't know how you don't know. He is a 'hitter' in the GOP. RAN MC CAIN'S CAMPAIGN.

Too little, too late. I won’t pat the asshole on the back. He stood back for decades and profited from the radicalization of the right.

Absolutely. But consider that it has become so REPUGNANT to them, they are leaving. GEORGE WILL IS NOT A REP ANYMORE. I never ever thought I'd see THAT!

Forum List

Back