What a great man.... HAPPY 100th Ronald Reagan, you are truly missed.

You lefties can't let one damn thread go without coming in and spewing all your hate all over it.

It was a thread saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY for crying out loud.

attacking the unions .

:clap2: This was great .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc8brHWFZMY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc8brHWFZMY[/ame]
Ronald Reagan, Inc., never had the slightest doubt about which side of the class war he favored:

"Reagan had little apparent reason to fear labor politically.

"Opinion polls at the time showed that unions were opposed by nearly half of all Americans, and that nearly half of those who belonged to unions had voted for Reagan in both of his presidential campaigns.

"Reagan, at any rate, was a true ideologue of the anti-labor political right. Yes, he had been president of the Screen Actors Guild, but he was notoriously pro-management in that position.

"He led the way to a strike-ending agreement in 1959 that greatly weakened the union. Under heavy membership pressure, he finally resigned as union president before his term ended.

"Reagan's war on labor as US president began in the summer of 1961, when he fired 13,000 striking air traffic controllers and destroyed their union.

"As Washington Post columnist Harold Meyerson noted in 2004, the firing was 'an unambiguous signal that employers need feel little or no obligation to their workers, and employers got that message loud and clear - illegally firing workers who sought to unionize, replacing permanent employees who could collect benefits with temps who could not, shipping factories and jobs abroad.'

"Reagan gave dedicated union foes direct control of the federal agencies that were originally designed to protect and further the rights of workers and their unions.

"Most important was Reagan's appointment of three management representatives to the five- member National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)."

If globalization is working well for you and yours...

Give a special salute to the Gipper during tomorrow's Big Game.

Ronald Reagan...

Enjoy.

SNIP:

2002 Mar 1 Fr
Margaret Thatcher
Speech paying tribute to Ronald Reagan

SPEECH BY THE RT HON BARONESS THATCHER LG, OM, FRS AT A “TRIBUTE TO FREEDOM” DINNER ORGANISED BY THE NATIONAL REPUBLICAN SENATORIAL COMMITTEE IN WASHINGTON DC ON FRIDAY 1ST MARCH 2002
An Great Honour

Mr Chairman, Ladies and Gentlemen:

It is an honour to join so many friends this evening in a tribute to freedom and a tribute to the President whose name is synonymous with it – Ronald Reagan.

Ronald Reagan – Conservative

Ronnie and I got to know each other at a time when we were both in Opposition, and when a good many people intended to keep us there. They failed, and the conservative 1980s were the result.

But in a certain sense, we remained an opposition, we were never the establishment. We were opposed to big government, to fashionable opinion within the belt-way, and to the endless round of so-called liberal solutions to problems the liberals themselves had created. As Ron once put it: the nine most dangerous words in the English language are “I’m from the government, and I’m here to help”. As usual, he was right.

Ronald Reagan helped America – and so America could help the world - because he rejected that approach. He believed, and he never stopped proclaiming, that the talents of a nation, not the wisdom of bureaucracy, forge a country’s greatness. Let our children grow tall – he urged - then they can reach out to raise others higher too.

For our opponents, there are always a hundred reasons why the government must intervene to plan its children’s lives. For us, there’s one overwhelming reason why it shouldn’t – because men and women are born to be free.

The world isn’t much used to hearing that kind of message now. We live in an era of sound bites and spin doctors, of false sentiment and real cynicism. That’s why just reading – or hearing as we shall - the words of Ronald Reagan is so refreshing. They remind us that men and women were born for high ideals and noble purposes.

They remind us, too, that the world which so many now take for granted was won by struggle. And Ron had to struggle. The fact that he kept his composure and lifted us all with his humour testified to his inner strength, not to a life without hardship. And it also testified, as he never failed to add, to the boundless, enfolding love of Nancy.

Reagan’s Achievement

Ronald Reagan’s achievements can be summed up like this: he made America great again, and he used that greatness to set the nations free. Either of these achievements would qualify a President for the political pantheon: but to have succeeded in both marks out President Reagan as one of America’s very greatest leaders.

All his policies were of a piece, and all reflected his own distinctive philosophy. He believed in America, and he believed in people.

When the academics foretold American decline, he replied that there was nothing this nation couldn’t do, once given the chance.

When the economists denounced his policies of tax cuts as simplistic, he didn’t mind if his answers were simple because they were true.

When liberals doubted if Americans were willing to master events and make sacrifices, he replied (and I quote):

“No weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women”.

But nor did Ron ignore those arsenals of weapons. His build-up of American military might, sustained by a revived economy, was the decisive factor in winning the Cold War for the West and Liberty.

But how they mocked him!

Do you remember how he was told that the only way to deal with Soviet advances was to negotiate arms control?

Do you remember how they said that toughness in dealing with the Soviets would only help the hard-liners in the Kremlin? And then came Gorbachev, and then an end to the Evil Empire itself!

And do you remember how much they mocked an old man’s obsession with Star Wars? Well now we know, from the mouths of ex-Soviet officials no less, that SDI was crucial in forcing them to renounce military competition and to end the Cold War. And now President Reagan’s vision is the starting point for the world’s most necessary military programme – I mean, of course, Ballistic Missile Defence.

Reagan’s Legacy and the World Today

READ IT ALL HERE.
Speech paying tribute to Ronald Reagan | Margaret Thatcher Foundation

You lefties can't let one damn thread go without coming in and spewing all your hate all over it.

OH NOES!!!!!! The Left is hating on someone on their birthday. HOW HORRIBLE!!!!

I bet you just hate it when people criticize Hitler, Pol Pot, and Stalin on their birthdays

Oh wait!!! You don't. You don't really give a shit about being criticized on a birthday. You're just getting pissy because people are criticizing your patron saint of arming terrorists, Ronnie Reagan. You just don't have the honesty to admit that your objections have nothing to do with his birhtday

I bet you just hate it when people criticize Hitler, Pol Pot, and Stalin on their birthdays

Oh wait!!! You don't. You don't really give a shit about being criticized on a birthday. You're just getting pissy because people are criticizing your patron saint of arming terrorists, Ronnie Reagan. You just don't have the honesty to admit that your objections have nothing to do with his birhtday

lol, feel better? I do believe some of you need to take a chill pill, you are always full of RAGE. sad really
good gawd.:eusa_whistle:

lol, feel better? I do believe some of you need to take a chill pill, you are always full of RAGE. sad really

You're laughing??

I guess you're not so upset about people being criticized on their birthdays, after all

Just like I said you weren't upset. Your lie was that obvious

You're laughing??

I guess you're not so upset about people being criticized on their birthdays, after all

keep making an ass out yourself, who cares.
IT IS a Birthday thread, GET IT.
no, probably not.:eusa_whistle:

You're laughing??

Reagan was such a cowardly terrorist- appeaser that even the Saudis knew they could ignore Ronnie. When Reagan asked the Saudis to arrest Imad Mugniyah (one of the most vicious terrorists ever) the Saudis told Reagan to pound sand.

Imad Mughniyah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The United States tried to capture him several times afterwards, beginning with a 1995 operation that was put in place after it was realized Mughniyah was flying a Middle East Airlines charter flight A-310 Airbus from Khartoum to Beirut after a meeting with several militant leaders, and was scheduled to make a stop-over in Saudi Arabia. But Saudi airport officials refused to allow the plane to make its stop-over, thwarting American bids to arrest Mughniyah.[25]

You're laughing??

Reagan was such a cowardly terrorist- appeaser that even the Saudis knew they could ignore Ronnie. When Reagan asked the Saudis to arrest Imad Mugniyah (one of the most vicious terrorists ever) the Saudis told Reagan to pound sand.

Imad Mughniyah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The United States tried to capture him several times afterwards, beginning with a 1995 operation that was put in place after it was realized Mughniyah was flying a Middle East Airlines charter flight A-310 Airbus from Khartoum to Beirut after a meeting with several militant leaders, and was scheduled to make a stop-over in Saudi Arabia. But Saudi airport officials refused to allow the plane to make its stop-over, thwarting American bids to arrest Mughniyah.[25]

Then go start your own fucking thread about it.
good gawd.

While I did not vote for Obama, I know and recognize and respect the presidency. If it were a thread to Obama's birthday, you would be crapping all over it, Stephanie. Show some balance, girl. A lot of nice things are being said about, Ronnie, and, no, he was not the second coming, though.

While I did not vote for Obama, I know and recognize and respect the presidency. If it were a thread to Obama's birthday, you would be crapping all over it, Stephanie. Show some balance, girl. A lot of nice things are being said about, Ronnie, and, no, he was not the second coming, though.

there you go with that damn crystal ball again Jakey, shut up:eusa_hand:

Enjoy.

SNIP:

2002 Mar 1 Fr
Margaret Thatcher

SPEECH BY THE RT HON BARONESS THATCHER LG, OM, FRS AT A “TRIBUTE TO FREEDOM” DINNER ORGANISED BY THE NATIONAL REPUBLICAN SENATORIAL COMMITTEE IN WASHINGTON DC ON FRIDAY 1ST MARCH 2002
An Great Honour

It is an honour to join so many friends this evening in a tribute to freedom and a tribute to the President whose name is synonymous with it – Ronald Reagan.

Ronnie and I got to know each other at a time when we were both in Opposition, and when a good many people intended to keep us there. They failed, and the conservative 1980s were the result.

But in a certain sense, we remained an opposition, we were never the establishment. We were opposed to big government, to fashionable opinion within the belt-way, and to the endless round of so-called liberal solutions to problems the liberals themselves had created. As Ron once put it: the nine most dangerous words in the English language are “I’m from the government, and I’m here to help”. As usual, he was right.

Ronald Reagan helped America – and so America could help the world - because he rejected that approach. He believed, and he never stopped proclaiming, that the talents of a nation, not the wisdom of bureaucracy, forge a country’s greatness. Let our children grow tall – he urged - then they can reach out to raise others higher too.

For our opponents, there are always a hundred reasons why the government must intervene to plan its children’s lives. For us, there’s one overwhelming reason why it shouldn’t – because men and women are born to be free.

The world isn’t much used to hearing that kind of message now. We live in an era of sound bites and spin doctors, of false sentiment and real cynicism. That’s why just reading – or hearing as we shall - the words of Ronald Reagan is so refreshing. They remind us that men and women were born for high ideals and noble purposes.

They remind us, too, that the world which so many now take for granted was won by struggle. And Ron had to struggle. The fact that he kept his composure and lifted us all with his humour testified to his inner strength, not to a life without hardship. And it also testified, as he never failed to add, to the boundless, enfolding love of Nancy.

Reagan’s Achievement

Ronald Reagan’s achievements can be summed up like this: he made America great again, and he used that greatness to set the nations free. Either of these achievements would qualify a President for the political pantheon: but to have succeeded in both marks out President Reagan as one of America’s very greatest leaders.

All his policies were of a piece, and all reflected his own distinctive philosophy. He believed in America, and he believed in people.

When the academics foretold American decline, he replied that there was nothing this nation couldn’t do, once given the chance.

When the economists denounced his policies of tax cuts as simplistic, he didn’t mind if his answers were simple because they were true.

When liberals doubted if Americans were willing to master events and make sacrifices, he replied (and I quote):

“No weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women”.

But nor did Ron ignore those arsenals of weapons. His build-up of American military might, sustained by a revived economy, was the decisive factor in winning the Cold War for the West and Liberty.

But how they mocked him!

Do you remember how he was told that the only way to deal with Soviet advances was to negotiate arms control?

Do you remember how they said that toughness in dealing with the Soviets would only help the hard-liners in the Kremlin? And then came Gorbachev, and then an end to the Evil Empire itself!

And do you remember how much they mocked an old man’s obsession with Star Wars? Well now we know, from the mouths of ex-Soviet officials no less, that SDI was crucial in forcing them to renounce military competition and to end the Cold War. And now President Reagan’s vision is the starting point for the world’s most necessary military programme – I mean, of course, Ballistic Missile Defence.

READ IT ALL HERE.

The Cold War was not won, it was negotiated.
The only thing your article says about Gorbachev is..."And then came Gorbachev..." while it totally ignores Gorbachev's contributions in 'it's all about Ronnie' tone.
Gorbachev deserves the credit for withdrawing nuclear weapons from eastern Europe as he did so of his own initiative. Gorbachev was the architect of Perestroika and later Glasnost.
Gorbachev led these efforts, and all Reagan did, was follow along.

Enjoy.

SNIP:

2002 Mar 1 Fr
Margaret Thatcher

An Great Honour

Reagan’s Achievement

But how they mocked him!

READ IT ALL HERE.

The Cold War was not won, it was negotiated.
The only thing your article says about Gorbachev is..."And then came Gorbachev..." while it totally ignores Gorbachev's contributions in 'it's all about Ronnie' tone.
Gorbachev deserves the credit for withdrawing nuclear weapons from eastern Europe as he did so of his own initiative. Gorbachev was the architect of Perestroika and later Glasnost.
Gorbachev led these efforts, and all Reagan did, was follow along.

It's not a article, it was a speech given by Margaret Thatcher.

Steph is so befuddled, she can't actually defend Reagan beyond cut and pasting articles she gloms off the web. She can't address the substance of B Kidds post; all she can do is point out that it was a speech, not an article

:lol:

You are transparent in your hatred, Steph: takes no crystal ball.

I'm surprised she didn't claim that she doesn't care what you think, as she obsessively responds to every post you make.

It looks like calling others a "hater" is the only defense Staph has. She's done it more than once in this thread alone, and this thread is just starting :lol:

Okay, so it was a speech, a minor detail. But a speech that left out major details.

Steph knows that it's a minor detail. SHe's just trying to avoid responding substantively to your points.

You are transparent in your hatred, Steph: takes no crystal ball.

I'm surprised she didn't claim that she doesn't care what you think, as she obsessively responds to every post you make.

It looks like calling others a "hater" is the only defense Staph has. She's done it more than once in this thread alone, and this thread is just starting :lol:

waaa, you're dismissed, bye

Forum List

Back