What a great man.... HAPPY 100th Ronald Reagan, you are truly missed.

good lord, so saying he was a good president is now "cult" like

fucking far left nut wingers

It's not whether he was a good president.

The problem is he was never close to being the president that the Rightwing Nut myth makers now make him out to be.

He failed in the ME and closing down the nut houses has put a lot of democrat voters on the street instead of in padded rooms

Leslie Stahl reporting on her 1986 farewell audience with the Gipper:

" Reagan was as shriveled as a kumquat. He was so frail, his skin so paper-thin. I could almost see the sunlight through the back of his withered neck…His eyes were coated. Larry introduced us, but he had to shout. Had Reagan turned off his hearing aid?

" …Reagan didn't seem to know who I was. He gave me a distant look with those milky eyes and shook my hand weakly. Oh, my, he's gonzo, I thought.

"I have to go out on the lawn tonight and tell my countrymen that the president of the United States is a doddering space cadet.

"My heart began to hammer with the import...I was aware of the delicacy with which I would have to write my script. But I was quite sure of my diagnosis."

Luckily, Leslie had her husband and eight year-old daughter in tow:

"Stahl tried to fill the silence, telling Reagan that her daughter used to tell everyone that the president works for her mommy, but after Reagan took office, she started saying that her mother worked for the president.

"'I wasn't above a little massaging. Was he so out of it that he couldn't appreciate a sweet story that reflected well on him? Guess so.'"

"His pupils didn't even dilate. Nothing. No reaction.

"After Stahl mentioned that her husband, Aaron Latham, was a screenwriter, Reagan became animated, and pulled Latham to a couch to discuss a movie idea he had for a film in which he could star. Stahl recalls she was 'too astonished to move.'

"A few minutes later, the session was over.

"Reagan was now beaming, and after Stahl and her family left the Oval Office, Reagan chased after them and told her daughter, 'I worked for your mother, too.'"

Finger on the nuclear trigger?

The problem is he was never close to being the president that the Rightwing Nut myth makers now make him out to be.

this thread just said he was a good president, nobody made him a god

chill out dude, just because somebody says happy 100 to your political opponent doesn't mean you need to get your panties in a wad

You are posting to the douchiest of the douche .

chill out dude, just because somebody says happy 100 to your political opponent doesn't mean you need to get your panties in a wad

Oh my. I'm guilty of politicizing in the POLITICS FORUM.

You are posting to the douchiest of the douche .

lol, a delayed reaction to a stinger.

Pussy.

Yes, you were a great man and a great president, Mr. Reagan. In fact if you were in office now, the Middle East would not be revolting. They KNOW you would not want OR tolerate a Muslim Brotherhood, in Egypt. You were no wimp and you were no Muslim sympathizer...

Crappola! You do know I worship the ground you walk on AA but statements like that are why God invented duct tape. :lol:

Reagan was a total stooge. He was controlled by Nancy who did the hiring and firing of his staff from his run for Governor right through his presidency. He was a movie star that played the guy in the white hat schtick his whole public career. Reagan was loyal to a fault and only Nancy's intervention provided the "balls" to shape his inner circle and insured his success.

That said I was suckered into his "persona" also and voted for him.

He started the decline of the American middle class worker by attacking the unions laying the groundwork for sending our critical manufacturing base off shore. I cannot stress strongly enough the far reaching effect of Reagan's acting on behalf of the corporations traitorous destruction of our most vital national security weapon. The American manufacturer is what won WWII. This lesson was lost on the idiot actor.

A group of Los Angeles businessmen, his kitchen cabinet, put Reagan into office and he served their corporate interests well.
Holmes Tuttle, William Wilson, and Justin Dart were among his kitchen cabinet.

Just another silver spooned man who could make the rest of feel like he gived a damn.

hater_gonna_hate_13.jpg

Yes, you were a great man and a great president, Mr. Reagan. In fact if you were in office now, the Middle East would not be revolting. They KNOW you would not want OR tolerate a Muslim Brotherhood, in Egypt. You were no wimp and you were no Muslim sympathizer...

Crappola! You do know I worship the ground you walk on AA but statements like that are why God invented duct tape. :lol:

Reagan was a total stooge. He was controlled by Nancy who did the hiring and firing of his staff from his run for Governor right through his presidency. He was a movie star that played the guy in the white hat schtick his whole public career. Reagan was loyal to a fault and only Nancy's intervention provided the "balls" to shape his inner circle and insured his success.

That said I was suckered into his "persona" also and voted for him.

He started the decline of the American middle class worker by attacking the unions laying the groundwork for sending our critical manufacturing base off shore. I cannot stress strongly enough the far reaching effect of Reagan's acting on behalf of the corporations traitorous destruction of our most vital national security weapon. The American manufacturer is what won WWII. This lesson was lost on the idiot actor.
Reagan was a loyal corporate tool that GE retired to the White House. Reaganomics was a perverted contradictory mix of fiscal, monetary, trade and industrial policies that paved the way for the demise of the US middle class.

Some facts:

"First, under Reagan the average hourly wage, adjusted for inflation ($1982) declined from $7.93 to $7.79 from 1980 to 1988.

"Real weekly earnings fell from $281.21 to $270.32. Moreover, this US Dept. of Labor data is extremely conservative with regard to the real wage decline for working and middle class Americans, since it defines and includes as ‘wage’ the salary equivalent of managers and even CEOs which bumps up the ‘average’.

"Those same CEOs, investors, and other recipients of capital incomes (dividends, interest, rent, capital gains, etc.) in contrast did far better than the average working class wage earner.

"According to Internal Revenue Service data, the wealthiest 10% households in the U.S. increased their share of total US household income from 32% to 39% over Reagan’s eight years—two-thirds of which was accrued by the wealthiest 1% of the top 10% households.

"The wealthiest 0.1% households did even better.

"After remaining between 1.7% to 2.0% share of income for more than twenty years, from 1960 to 1980, their income share tripled under Reagan from less than 2% in 1980 to more than 6% by 1988.

"In contrast to these very wealthiest, for the poorest working class households there were no adjustments to the minimum wage over the Reagan period, as Reagan made clear he would veto any such adjustment.

"Consequently, the minimum wage declined from $6.55 an hour to $4.80 an hour in real terms between 1980-89—or 27%.

"Not surprisingly, the poverty rate rose from 8.9% to 10.9% between 1980-86 largely as a result, and two paycheck families rose from 42% to 49% of all households between 1980-87 to accommodate stagnant working class earnings growth over the period."

I wrote this on another board today. "Reagan seems, the older I get, more complicated, not conflicted though, a human being. Like the rest of us I guess. Many of the supposed Reaganites today would have problems with him: his continual working with the Soviets to reduce tensions, his support of Gorbachev, his efforts at Reykjavik to reduce nuclear weapon numbers, his deficit spending that contributed in part to our problems today, his quiet refusal to condemn homosexuals (many in Hollywood friends of his and Nancy). He modernized the armed forces. Thank heavens for that. The idea of facing Soviet BMPs armed with cannon against our rusty ACPs with 50 cals did not sit well with those of us in Carter's army. Yet many officers and NCOs left because of the Iran-Contra mess. The idea that the admin would send munitions to our enemies that could be shot back at us did not sit well. A complicated man."

Nobody here is hating on Renaldus Magnus, rather we just find some of the accolades posted here to be comical.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back