What a difference a week makes

brewerboy

May 24, 2009
Central Illinois
On monday, my girl and I found out we didnt get the house we were looking for, which was a bummer. After scouring the local papers and making what felt like thousands of calls and looking at numerous houses and apartments, we finally found the one! 2 bedroom one and a half baths, garage attached, with a pretty good sized yard. It was just at out maximum budget, and after a little bickering with the owner, we got em to drop the price by $75 a month.

We just got done painting our rooms and our little boys, which materials and labor will be taken off our rent, and the owner called today and asked me if I'd be interested in painting the house for 2 months free rent. Sure!

As I type, the girl is out running errands, leaving me to some rare time alone with my child. I've just fed and rocked him to sleep and poured myself 3 beers into one of the biggest beer mugs you've ever seen brought to me straight from Munich by my brother for my birthday.

A house for my family, work to keep me busy for free rent, a sleeping child, and a huge mug of beer. What else is there?

:cool:

A house for my family, work to keep me busy for free rent, a sleeping child, and a huge mug of beer. What else is there?

Ummmm...... A cool fishing boat and a 19-year old hussy on the side, who can suck a golf ball through 20 feet of garden hose??

BTW, congrats on your successful search! :)

I was just going to go with "a blowjob..."

Ummmm...... A cool fishing boat and a 19-year old hussy on the side, who can suck a golf ball through 20 feet of garden hose??

BTW, congrats on your successful search! :)

Yeah yeah, I figure theres no need to be greedy now. But I did pop "Breaking Bad" Season 1 into the DVD player. Pretty exciting night for me.

And thanks. :tongue:

Thanks for sharing this, glad to hear everything worked out. And bully for you for bartering the rental price down!

You know, generally everything has a way of working out for the best. Congratulations. My wife and I have a 300 acre farm. There are two houses on the farm. The one we live in and the one we rent out. The young couple renting the other farm house have a small baby. Mom works as a CNA. Hubbie is a carpenter. The baby's main job is to search out the next meal and poop in the diapers. They happen to be distant relatives of the wife. They moved in last August 2008. I kept him so busy doing odds and ends around the farm in his spare time and knocking off rent for doing the chores. Didn't start collecting rent until February 2009. Maybe you've fallen into something like this. My advice is to do the best job you can and maybe your landlord will find things for you to do in lieu of rent. It worked out well here for everybody concerned.

Thanks everyone.

I'm totally pumped to have a place where theres actually room for my son to learn start crawling.

BBD, since the house is the worst on a block of great houses, though with a lot of potential, I look forward to putting a lot of work into the place. If not a rent issue, I guess its a pride thing. I want the structure I live in to at least be worthy of neighborhood respect :cool:

Congratulations. And thanks for posting, that made me smile and remember stuff. :)

Haha thanks.

Ya know, its funny. Growing up, everyone said "The high school years are the best of your life."

Honestly, I think thats bullshit.

Granted, all I've done this week is provide adequate housing for my family, barter a better price, and agree to take care of it for a lil' free rent...but the years I've spent in high school havent felt half as good as this one week of my life.

:beer:

Ok guys, beer is gone.

Move in day is tomorrow.

If I'm lucky, the baby will sleep all night, but I dont count on it honestly.

Anyways,

New place + internet on wednesday = I'll talk to you guys then.

Have a good one everyone.

Ya know, its funny. Growing up, everyone said "The high school years are the best of your life."

Honestly, I think thats bullshit.

I've always felt sorry for people who feel that way. High school was fun at times, but I wouldn't give up my life now to go back to that for the world.

Forum List

Back