Whale Wars

I loved it when that ship rammed and almost sank those greenpeace morons a few years ago. Stupid bastards.

Btw, didn't three activist retards climb aboard a Russian ship just yesterday? I think that are headed to Russia for trial. I hope they get a close up view of the flaura and fawna of Siberia.

Last edited:
Greenpeace activists could be charged with terrorism after ship stormed | Environment | theguardian.com

"They used violence against some of us. They were hitting people, kicking people down, pushing people," Faiza Oulahsen, one of the activists aboard the ship, said in a call to Reuters on Thursday evening.

Nothing has been heard from the activists since. The Russian coastguard said that the ship's captain was refusing to operate the ship, so an official boat was towing the Arctic Sunrise west towards Murmansk.

#####

Russian thugs.

Greenpeace has long warned that the start of oil drilling at Prirazlomnaya could have disastrous environmental repercussions.
"The rig is a rusting hulk in the middle of the Arctic that is about to start pumping oil from the Arctic for the first time," said Ayliffe. "Gazprom has no way to clean up an oil spill if it happened, and it would cause huge damage to one of the most fragile natural environments on the planet."

]http://www.crikey.com.au/2013/07/17/having-a-whale-of-a-time-at-the-icj-where-diplomacy-gets-mean/

Having a whale of a time at the ICJ, where diplomacy gets mean

Legal tempers are fraying as Australia takes on Japanese whaling in the International Court of Justice in the Netherlands. Priya de Langen, a freelance writer based in The Hague, sat in the courthouse for Crikey.

Japan said it had never denied that the objective behind the whaling program was the resumption of sustainable commercial whaling.

Now it is up to the court to decide if Japan’s JARPA II is scientific whaling and can continue, or is just commercial whaling in disguise.

The last day of arguments was yesterday. The judgement is expected to take some months.

#####

Japan, condemned from its own mouth.

"They used violence against some of us. They were hitting people, kicking people down, pushing people,"

Sounds like they had it coming - and more. They're lucky the Russians didn't give them a tour of the bottom of the ocean.

Japan said it had never denied that the objective behind the whaling program was the resumption of sustainable commercial whaling.

And why shouldn't it be? The key word being "sustainable."

"They used violence against some of us. They were hitting people, kicking people down, pushing people,"

Sounds like they had it coming - and more. They're lucky the Russians didn't give them a tour of the bottom of the ocean.

They are...
...but they were only trying to save the Artic.
It shouldn't only be left up to them, where's the rest of the world doing something?

I don't hate Japan. I hate that they don't see some animals as intelligent and deserve to live.
Whaling needs to stop. Period.
The slaughter of dolphins needs to stop. Period.

Gracie was the name of one of the whales in Star trek 4.
Basically, man's stupidity had wiped out the whales and that came back in a big way.
That may well be science fiction taken to it's limits, but the idea is sound.

The whale populations are in serious danger and foolishness has no excuse.
Of course, the Japanese "scientific research"ships will try to carry on as short term profit is worth far more than destroying the planet we live on.

Of course, killing all the whales won't destroy the earth but the same mentality applies to all projects that destroy the place our children will have to live in- if we don't go so far as to wipe ourselves out first.

Being a kind person, it is very hard for me to endorse anything which involves cruelty. I have to say whaling is one of the most cruel act that we humans practice. I have watched some videos of whaling and it looks very disheartening. I also have hard time watching people hunting innocent deer and other wild life. I guess some people do not feel compassion for animals; heck, there are quite a few people who do not feel compassion for humans either as long as the said humans are of wrong color. I think this lack of compassion towards other living beings is the root cause of widespread violence that we see on this earth.

Last edited:

And why shouldn't it be? The key word being "sustainable."

Because it's lying.
Because it's torturing whales to death by doing so.
Because the whales are in a whale sanctuary.
Because they're my whales.

The JARPA II program has a quota — 850 minke whales, 50 fin whales and 50 humpback whales annually. Australia pointed out the quota had not been reached; Japan concurred, saying the reason was attacks by Sea Shepherd.

'Migaloo', his family and friends, and 'Panda' etc

Japan, ever the enemy.

Last edited:
Ah yes...ye olde "sustainable".
Eat anything and everything;

Koala on menu in China

Koala 'for braising' gets traveller stewing

An Australian traveller says he was horrified to find a live koala for sale at a restaurant in southern China where the menu was offering the iconic marsupial for dinner in either "braised or stewed" varieties.

A sign on the cage holding the animal advertised "koalas" for purchase at a rate of 139 yuan ($A20) for 500 grams.

"There’s a carrot in the cage, the idiots have put a carrot in there. "
It was one of a number of live exotic animals, including birds and fish, on display at the restaurant in Panyu district, Guangdong.

The traveller, who visited the area last week, got down on his hands and knees and snapped a photograph of the caged animal, which was lying next to a carrot.

#####

Well hey, what about we toss another Panda bear on the barbie!

Being a kind person, it is very hard for me to endorse anything which involves cruelty. I have to say whaling is one of the most cruel act that we humans practice. I have watched some videos of whaling and it looks very disheartening. I also have hard time watching people hunting innocent deer and other wild life. I guess some people do not feel compassion for animals; heck, there are quite a few people who do not feel compassion for humans either as long as the said humans are of wrong color. I think this lack of compassion towards other living beings is the root cause of widespread violence that we see on this earth.

I don't think it indicates a lack of compassion that humans eat other animals. Does a farmer lack compassion for corn because he harvests it? Is corn not alive? Life involves - necessarily - death, and we cannot avoid being a part of that no matter what we may wish. Being intentionally cruel is another matter, of course.

Ah yes...ye olde "sustainable".
Eat anything and everything;

Koala on menu in China

Koala 'for braising' gets traveller stewing

An Australian traveller says he was horrified to find a live koala for sale at a restaurant in southern China where the menu was offering the iconic marsupial for dinner in either "braised or stewed" varieties.

A sign on the cage holding the animal advertised "koalas" for purchase at a rate of 139 yuan ($A20) for 500 grams.

"There’s a carrot in the cage, the idiots have put a carrot in there. "
It was one of a number of live exotic animals, including birds and fish, on display at the restaurant in Panyu district, Guangdong.

The traveller, who visited the area last week, got down on his hands and knees and snapped a photograph of the caged animal, which was lying next to a carrot.

#####

Well hey, what about we toss another Panda bear on the barbie!

Are Koalas an endangered species?

Because it's lying.
Because it's torturing whales to death by doing so.
Because the whales are in a whale sanctuary.
Because they're my whales..

The boundaries of a "sanctuary" may be in dispute, but the other three points are not true (especially the ridiculous last one).

I don't think it indicates a lack of compassion that humans eat other animals. Does a farmer lack compassion for corn because he harvests it? Is corn not alive? Life involves - necessarily - death, and we cannot avoid being a part of that no matter what we may wish. Being intentionally cruel is another matter, of course.

I understand that in order to sustain one life, another life must give it self up. However, there is a difference between harvesting corn and harpooning whales. Corn does not have central nervous system so it does not suffer when you harvest it but when you harpoon a whale for hours, you literally torture it to death. It is wrong and it must be stopped. There are plenty of food available besides whales that anyone can eat.

Forum List

Back