Whale Wars

There are lots of things we don't "have to" eat, but we do and we will. The central nervous system thing is a cop-out to me. Either you value life or you don't. Life is suffering (among other things), and the wheel goes round and round.

I am under no illusion that my posts will change a lot of minds on this board. But I just wanted make my stand clear that I am against cruelty in all its forms. I hope one day, my kind will find itself in the majority and we can end some suffering on this earth if not all. Life is a campaign towards achieving what you believe in.

Last edited:
I am under no illusion that my posts will change a lot of minds on this board. But I just wanted make my stand clear that I am against cruelty in all its forms. I hope one day, my kind will find itself in the majority and we can end some suffering on this earth if not all. Life is a campaign towards achieving what you believe in.

Hopefully you'll be a winner soon and the International Court will ban Japan from killing whales.

There are lots of things we don't "have to" eat, but we do and we will. The central nervous system thing is a cop-out to me. Either you value life or you don't. Life is suffering (among other things), and the wheel goes round and round.

Torturing whales to death is barbaric...and Japan must be forced to stop doing it.

Torturing whales to death is barbaric...and Japan must be forced to stop doing it.

Not just Japanese, anybody who engages in cruelty should be stopped. Japanese people are great people with an outstanding culture and ethics. I think it is wrong to use derogatory language towards them.

Not just Japanese, anybody who engages in cruelty should be stopped. Japanese people are great people with an outstanding culture and ethics. I think it is wrong to use derogatory language towards them.

Then maybe they should start showing us...and offering sincere apologies for their serious sins of the past.
Some reverence at the Pearl Harbour memorial would be nice.

Last edited:
^ As Unkotare said earlier, World War II was a long time ago. You have to forgive, forget and move on.

'Today' is 'today' -

Pearl Harbor Day 2011: 100 survivors return for 70th anniversary | Mail Online

My late husband and I were married in Hawaii 12 years ago. Naturally we did all the sightseeing which included the the impressive Pearl Harbour Memorial.

We were both horrified to see dozens of young Japanese tourists clambering all over the site to get the best photo angle. There was absolutely no respect from them for such a poignant place, the accompanying naval personnel didn't do anything at all to stop these people, who were very noisy and oblivious of the nature of the memorial.

Being a kind person, it is very hard for me to endorse anything which involves cruelty. I have to say whaling is one of the most cruel act that we humans practice. I have watched some videos of whaling and it looks very disheartening.

You a vegan?

How exactly would you suggest one harvest an animal the size of a whale?

I also have hard time watching people hunting innocent deer and other wild life.

Innocent? Are chickens, cows, and pigs similarly innocent?

You do understand that if mankind hadn't learned to harvest the protein from the marrow of dead animals, we'd still be swinging from trees with the monkeys, right?

I guess some people do not feel compassion for animals

Or perhaps some people would like to eat, just as someday we'll all die and be eaten by other animals.

; heck, there are quite a few people who do not feel compassion for humans either as long as the said humans are of wrong color.

Ah yes, when your argument lacks logic and reason, play the race card. Works every time...:doubt:

I think this lack of compassion towards other living beings is the root cause of widespread violence that we see on this earth.

I don't think you think much at all.

You're Australian, aren't you? What's with this "us" business?

Do you have trouble with comprehension?

2 separate things;

1. Then maybe they should start showing us...and offering sincere apologies for their serious sins of the past.

2.Some reverence at the Pearl Harbour memorial would be nice.

Us = the world.

But you knew that, and are just making mischief.

2 separate things;

1. Then maybe they should start showing us...and offering sincere apologies for their serious sins of the past.

Us = the world.

What I know is that you are an ignorant buffoon who likes to stick his nose into what is not your country's business.

Pearl Harbor is not part of Australia (so you have no call to speak of "us"), and dozens of "apologies" have been made since that war ended long ago, you idiot.

2 separate things;

Us = the world.

What I know is that you are an ignorant buffoon who likes to stick his nose into what is not your country's business.

Pearl Harbor is not part of Australia (so you have no call to speak of "us"), and dozens of "apologies" have been made since that war ended long ago, you idiot.

If it's on Fox News etc it is my business...I'm a paying customer.

I wrote 'sincere apologies'.

Oh, then there's this;

Japan demands California town halts memorial to WWII ?comfort women? | War History Online

Japan demands California town halts memorial to WWII ‘comfort women’

Japan’s consulate general in Los Angeles is demanding that government officials in one California community put a stop to plans to erect a monument to World War II-era South Koreans who were forcibly used as “comfort women” to Japanese troops.

Last edited:

2 separate things;

Us = the world.

I can understand you wishing you were, but watching TV doesn't make you an American. You have to accept your misfortune in this regard.

I can understand you wishing you were, but watching TV doesn't make you an American. You have to accept your misfortune in this regard.

I'm quite happy being an Australian...too cold in America, too much snow and ice.
Don't like those twisters much either.

All I need are guns and nukes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back