we're dying out here! 30$ an hour minimum wage NOW!

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
i run a local emergency food shelf. most people who come are not unemployed. they're working people who don't earn enough to put food on the table. this is true all over america.

in some areas, where housing is expensive, full-time employees sleep in their cars or in tents.

i know someone who makes 7 bucks an hour, works at McDonald's, gets on a bus to another McDonald's, then gets on a bus to another one. 3 McDonald's jobs for 7 bucks. he works 20 hours a week.

this should not be happening in the richest country in the history of the world!

• Banned
since Obama got elected, 20 million americans have won raises totalling 60 billion dollars. we've gone from laughable to inevitable!

30 bucks an hour isnt gonna make anybody rich, but it will ensure a life of dignity, which is what americans deserve

• Banned
Seattle, DC, Minneapolice, NY, California, San Fransisco have all passed minimum wage of 15 bucks an hour.

progress is happenning. the struggle continues

i run a local emergency food shelf. most people who come are not unemployed. they're working people who don't earn enough to put food on the table. this is true all over america.

in some areas, where housing is expensive, full-time employees sleep in their cars or in tents.

i know someone who makes 7 bucks an hour, works at McDonald's, gets on a bus to another McDonald's, then gets on a bus to another one. 3 McDonald's jobs for 7 bucks. he works 20 hours a week.

this should not be happening in the richest country in the history of the world!

Not to worry, Jesus Gonzales will do those jobs. He'll be there next week.

• Banned

Mexican Jesus Christ?

Mexican Jesus Christ?

No, he won't be here for another two weeks.

McDonald's is an after school job for kids. And yes the richest country in the world needs entry level unskilled jobs.

McDonald's is an after school job for kids. And yes the richest country in the world needs entry level unskilled jobs.

Christ sake, now you tell me.
th

a lot of people live beyond their means
also, having kids before you are financially ready is a killer
...even if you don't have kids, you need to be financially ready and live within your means

the problem comes from a lack of responsibility and education,,,most times it is of their own making

and the solution is not to force others against their will to provide for their mistakes

I suggest they find a strong community with some good churchs so they dont become a burden to others

How can they work for $7 when minimum is $7.25? Is your friend an illegal or just an idiot?

since Obama got elected, 20 million americans have won raises totalling 60 billion dollars. we've gone from laughable to inevitable!

30 bucks an hour isnt gonna make anybody rich, but it will ensure a life of dignity, which is what americans deserve

$30 an hour will cause a Big Mac to cost $15 - or automation will replace people faster to keep the prices done.

In addition, Inflation will wipe out any pay increases as prices adjust, leaving low-skilled people with the same, or a lower standard of living.

You Can't Fool Mother Economics.

Forum List

Back