Well Said, Mr. President. Well Said.

Working well. The economy is better. Fact.

In what way?

Oh, I know. Obama just gives you a warm fuzzy feeling.......so things must be getting better. He's pointed us in the right direct.

Problem is 60% feel we're going in the wrong direction.

The middle class has been decimated by the last 3 years. Household net worth is way down. Another recession is around the corner.
By every metric the economy is worse today than it was the day Obama took office. The Dow might be an exception, but the Dow is probably figuring a Romney win.

In the bubble.

You know what's telling about this ad campaign? Obama's record on the economy is SO bad that he can't run on his own policies. Instead he's trying to market himself as a "continuation" of the last Democratic President who DID have a clue about economics. I'm sorry but Obama isn't Clinton. He's not even close. When James Carville said "It's the economy, stupid!" Clinton understood and pivoted towards the center. Obama doesn't understand what the word "pivot" means.

Damn, see what happens when you rush? I posted before the picture loaded...

Let's try this again...

Christ, the next time any one of you lefties finds fault with Clinton will be the first time...

:D

Actually, Clinton wasn't so bad... In retrospect...

For one: Fox News poll: Race for the White House tightens | Fox News

For two: keeping an eye on the polling and the trends. See Gallup, Rasumussen and Fox: RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

WASHINGTON — With his running mate in place and his nominating convention looming, Republican Mitt Romney narrowly trails President Obama, according to a new nationwide poll of likely voters.

Obama leads 48% to 45% among all registered voters in the survey and by 48% to 46% among those considered likely to vote, according to the USC Annenberg/Los Angeles Times poll on Politics and the Press.

While those results are within the poll's margin of error, they speak to the remarkable stability of the presidential race, in which Obama has held a small lead in most polls since April.

Among likely voters, 53% view Obama favorably and 45% unfavorably. By contrast, Romney struggles with a narrow deficit on that question — likely voters view him unfavorably by 46% to 48%, close to an even split.

Obama has slight lead over Romney in new nationwide poll - latimes.com

I really don't know what polls to believe any more. So I have stopped taking them too seriously. In any vase, this article from the L.A. Times has a lot of information that I thought was interesting.

ZOMG! Rinata asked another member for some "source" for a claim that Mitt was now ahead of the incumbent.

I went ahead and cited the source (plus added some other information and commented on an apparently emerging trend AWAY from the incumbent).

SO now Rinata is busy posting OTHER polls that come to a different conclusion.

:lol: :lmao: So, here's a tip or two for Rinata who needs a clue.

The actual poll, the one on Election Day, is the one that really counts, Rinata. And on that day, The ONE will fulfill his nickname and become, officially, The ONE Term-er.

It is no use trying to get along with a right wing nut!!! You didn't say one thing that I don't already know. And I SAID, I think looking at polls is fun and I do not take them seriously. So I was not, as you claim, "busy posting OTHER polls that come to a different conclusion". You and your weirdo pals are the ones always trying to prove something, not me.

I thought for a while that you were somewhat reasonable. I should have my head examined. Bite me!!!

Clinton said otherwise in the ad.

Clinton is doing his level best to pull Barry's behind out of the fire. He knows that our current President isn't capable of running the local 7-11 but he's also a "good soldier" and is doing everything he can to help the Democratic Party salvage this mess.

Clinton said otherwise in the ad.

Clinton is doing his level best to pull Barry's behind out of the fire. He knows that our current President isn't capable of running the local 7-11 but he's also a "good soldier" and is doing everything he can to help the Democratic Party salvage this mess.

No kidding, he has on more than one occasion said how clueless Obama is.

Oh! Clinton was lying in that ad! Now I get it. He really wants Romney to win. That's why he did the ad.

You dummies are funny.

Clinton wasn't lying, merely doing what he does best, play at politics. He was the polar opposite of Obama when he was President. Hillary care flopped and Clinton's first two years in office were a dismal failure. Then the Republicans and Newt Gingrich rode to the rescue and Clinton was smart enough to sign enough of their bills to make himself look good. He also spent many hours talking to Congressional leaders working out compromises so he could sign the bills passed by Congress.

When do you think the last time Obama talked to Mitch McConnell or John Boehner? For that matter, when was the last time Obama had a cabinet meeting with members of his own party? For all of Clinton's faults, and there were many, he did play the game of politics extremely well. Obama spends his time doing softball interviews, playing golf and campaigning.

What is rather amusing to me is the Democrats have to go back over a decade to point out a good economy under a Democrat President since they sure as hell don't want to talk about the disastrous one we have under this President.

Last edited:
I'll point to Clinton's comments about tax raises, Lone...recently in a candid moment he said that now wasn't the time to raise taxes...but then he changed his tune. You think that wasn't the White House exerting pressure on him to toe the party line? If you don't then you're rather naive.

Clinton actually understood economics. I think if you could have a private conversation with Bill he'd admit that he doesn't think our current President has a clue what he's doing and that he's getting kind of tired having to jump on his white horse every time Obama needs rescuing.

Last edited:
Investing in education and training programs is indeed an important component in returning Americans to work; programs republicans would for the most part eliminate or under-fund.

We've pissed away more money than you can shake a stick at for education in America and what do we have to show for it? Teacher's unions, drop outs, and morons.

We had the same problem in the '70's. What's new? I am sure a dose of the Ten Commandments will make everyone all better.

Obama went to Church last Sunday. Do you think that will help him?

regarding Clinton's relationship with Obama.....lots of bullshit..............no evidence. Weak argument. Even for nutters.

Last edited:
Investing in education and training programs is indeed an important component in returning Americans to work; programs republicans would for the most part eliminate or under-fund.

I recently attended a forecast luncheon in Austin, guest speaker made a great point, most of our exported jobs are low wage call center types. Interestingly Samsung's largest chip plant outside of South Korea is located in my new home town of Austin, Texas...

He also made quit a few more good points, no matter who wins in November the Debt Ceiling will be raised, our deficit will increase $10 to $14 TRILL over the next decade and our ability to deliver new technologies will continue to give the US a upper hand over the rest of the world...

Samsung plans $3.6 billion Austin plant upgrade, 500 new jobs

Samsung, the world's second largest chip company, said its Austin payroll will expand to about $105 million a year, an increase of about 50 percent, when the expansion is complete. The project is the most expensive in Austin history, surpassing the $3.5 billion spent the company's Fab 2 project, which was finished in 2007.

We continue to have the best of the best and in spite of either party...

Obama is clearly the least effective POTUS over the last 60+ years, an utter failure at leadership, Romney was definitely not my choice, yet just about anyone is a huge improvement on default alone, if you defend this moron, you're in serious need of mental help...

Romney will not be a huge improvement. He is just a bored, rich, white guy that thought it would be fun to live in the White House.

If you make less than $250,000 a year and are counting on medicare when you get older, I would not be so quick to vote for Romney.

If something isn't done to make Medicare sustainable, it won't be available for anyone regardless of income.

We've pissed away more money than you can shake a stick at for education in America and what do we have to show for it? Teacher's unions, drop outs, and morons.

We had the same problem in the '70's. What's new? I am sure a dose of the Ten Commandments will make everyone all better.

Obama went to Church last Sunday. Do you think that will help him?

Not with liberals, they don't like Christianity.

Forum List

Back