Well I'm Just Watching Haiti On Fox

and the reporters say we are 72 hours in and just like in Katrina very very very little aid is getting to the people.. Why in the hell don't the Perfect People use helicoptors to deliver food and water? we are talking about 9 million people here.

The perfect armchair quarterback.

and the reporters say we are 72 hours in and just like in Katrina very very very little aid is getting to the people.. Why in the hell don't the Perfect People use helicoptors to deliver food and water? we are talking about 9 million people here.

The perfect armchair quarterback.

The Perfect Keyboard Kommando.

Small government doesn't have helicopters.

well thats nice... all of the doctors decided to evacuate due to security concerns leaving CNN correspondent Sandjay Gupta alone to care for 25+ patients with no supplies....our money going to good work apparently

Apparently, the magnitude of damage is so great that even though all the major countries of the world are trying to help it is extremely difficult.

From the BBC:
Plane-loads of rescuers and relief supplies have arrived or are due from the UK, China, the EU, Canada, Russia and Latin American nations.

Just awful.

A carrier arrived today with 19 helicopters, 3 operating rooms, and are able to make fresh drinking water. New Orleans also had more than one run way and is an not island.
There is also a hospital ship on it's way from Baltimore, which takes more than a few days to get there.
Maybe you should watch another channel.

yes,, NOLA was pretty much an island.. way way deep in flood waters, no where to land a helicopter, all work had to be done in small boats.. remember?

You are being a stupid ass. The reporters drove in. A teenage boy stole a bus and drove in. FEMA was being ran by an incompetant, apointed by an incompetant. That was the problem after Katrina.

In Katrina, 80% of the New Orleans refugees were at two locations. All the news agencies knew exactly where they were. Unfortunately, FEMA had no idea. It took three days to get assistance in as they fought over paperwork and juristiction.
Haitis entire infrastructure is blocked. On top of flying in aid from 1300 miles away, there is no way to disperse aid to where it is needed

Apparently, the magnitude of damage is so great that even though all the major countries of the world are trying to help it is extremely difficult.

From the BBC:
Plane-loads of rescuers and relief supplies have arrived or are due from the UK, China, the EU, Canada, Russia and Latin American nations.

Just awful.

During the rescue efforts in the Mexico City quake, we had the huge Russian cargo plane land at McChord. It even dwarfed the C5.

Yes, this should be the new paradigm for a world that is flat. Flat, hot, and crowded.

A carrier arrived today with 19 helicopters, 3 operating rooms, and are able to make fresh drinking water. New Orleans also had more than one run way and is an not island.
There is also a hospital ship on it's way from Baltimore, which takes more than a few days to get there.

yes,, NOLA was pretty much an island.. way way deep in flood waters, no where to land a helicopter, all work had to be done in small boats.. remember?

You are being a stupid ass. The reporters drove in. A teenage boy stole a bus and drove in. FEMA was being ran by an incompetant, apointed by an incompetant. That was the problem after Katrina.

How many days later was that oh Perfect Prognasticator????

How many days later was that oh Perfect Prognasticator????

When are you scheduled to go down there and staighten things out for them?

As I explained things take time because of security for the people we are trying to help more than anything else. I do have to wonder why a hospital Ship is just leaving VA today instead of 2 or 3 days ago.

As I explained things take time because of security for the people we are trying to help more than anything else. I do have to wonder why a hospital Ship is just leaving VA today instead of 2 or 3 days ago.

Because large ships can't leave port unplanned at the drop of a hat. Seriously, SFC. You have to ask?

We used to have a hospital ship that was part of the RDF. Or at least was prepared to follow the RDF. I am wondering if that has been changed.

I know there is the "USNS Mercy' and the "USNS Comfort" I'm certain there has to be others.

Because there is no infrastructure in Haiti?

Because there weren't even cranes to offload the supply ships?

Because the roads were nonexistent...until now there was little ways to get people to the docks, to then get them to the hospital ship?

Do you think the US military is clueless?

The federal government was warned...and their response was glacial during Katrina.

The situation on the ground is irrelevant to the response question.

When Katrian struck and immediately after...the federal government under compassionate conservatives was awol.

When the levies broke was afterwards.

STOP being disingenuous or stupid. It's killing people to read your lunatic posts.

Seriously. I turned from MSNBC and CNN to FOX to see what they were saying about Haiti, and they weren't.

They've barely had any Haiti coverage at all! They are more busy talking about the Mass Senate race.

So yeah, want some better news about Haiti, don't count on FOX. They don't feel it's that important, apparently.

Seriously. I turned from MSNBC and CNN to FOX to see what they were saying about Haiti, and they weren't.

They've barely had any Haiti coverage at all! They are more busy talking about the Mass Senate race.

So yeah, want some better news about Haiti, don't count on FOX. They don't feel it's that important, apparently.

very funny, the rest of us free thinking people don't have any problem getting information from Fox.. oh well,, everything I reported turned up true.. go figure.

very funny, the rest of us free thinking people don't have any problem getting information from Fox.. oh well,, everything I reported turned up true.. go figure.

Hey...no problem Willow

If you need your news filtered by FoxNews you are welcome to it

Because there is no infrastructure in Haiti?

Because there weren't even cranes to offload the supply ships?

Because the roads were nonexistent...until now there was little ways to get people to the docks, to then get them to the hospital ship?

Do you think the US military is clueless?

I think that when i was bording the planes with the RDF that the Hospital ship supporting us was pulling out about the same time. I truly wonder if this is not part of the RDF any longer since it is the RDF that went into Haiti. And if it is no longer part of the RDF mission then why the hell not? BTW they have helipads to bring in patients to these ships. I bet they even have their own choppers

The federal government was warned...and their response was glacial during Katrina.

The situation on the ground is irrelevant to the response question.

When Katrian struck and immediately after...the federal government under compassionate conservatives was awol.

When the levies broke was afterwards.

STOP being disingenuous or stupid. It's killing people to read your lunatic posts.

Why are we comparing this to Katrina? It's not even remotely similar.

Forum List

Back