Well I'm Just Watching Haiti On Fox

As I explained things take time because of security for the people we are trying to help more than anything else. I do have to wonder why a hospital Ship is just leaving VA today instead of 2 or 3 days ago.

Because there is no infrastructure in Haiti?

Because there weren't even cranes to offload the supply ships?

Because the roads were nonexistent...until now there was little ways to get people to the docks, to then get them to the hospital ship?

Do you think the US military is clueless?

I think that when i was bording the planes with the RDF that the Hospital ship supporting us was pulling out about the same time. I truly wonder if this is not part of the RDF any longer since it is the RDF that went into Haiti. And if it is no longer part of the RDF mission then why the hell not? BTW they have helipads to bring in patients to these ships. I bet they even have their own choppers

That Hospital ship supporting you....how much advance notice did they have that they were supporting you? How much advance notice did they have as to the logistics needed? the environment they were going to? etc?

A carrier arrived today with 19 helicopters, 3 operating rooms, and are able to make fresh drinking water. New Orleans also had more than one run way and is an not island.
There is also a hospital ship on it's way from Baltimore, which takes more than a few days to get there.
Maybe you should watch another channel.

Seriously. I turned from MSNBC and CNN to FOX to see what they were saying about Haiti, and they weren't.

They've barely had any Haiti coverage at all! They are more busy talking about the Mass Senate race.

So yeah, want some better news about Haiti, don't count on FOX. They don't feel it's that important, apparently.

Are you referring to the Senate race Obama is going to campaign for? I guess if Obama has time in his busy schedule to make time for the Mass Senate race Fox has a responsibility to cover it.

Um, once he set things in motion and sent the military and his Secretary of State there, what do you suggest he do? I'm interested in hearing what you think he should be doing instead of going to MA.

Fox News obviously has dropped the ball on the Haiti Earthquake situation in terms of reporting.

It doesn't involve a partisan angle or Barack Obama or someone to bash. They rather focus on the same old stuff with Obama, or have hour interviews with Palin, or have a feeding frenzy about the race in Mass.

If this happened in the U.S., Fox would cover it but only to talk about how badly they feel Obama was doing in helping.

But if you think about it, the same thing happened in 2004 with the Tsunami.

Did it? I didn't notice that FOX had low coverage of the Tsunami.

It keeps occuring to me, with the Limbaugh disgraceful comments about this boosting Obama's credibility with black people and being just what Obama needs and Pat Robertson's sick comments about Haiti being punished because they made a pact with the devil......how weird it is when the righties on other boards always brag about being the bigger givers to charity. The conservatives are more charitable people than the liberals? This is what right wingers claim.

This is the biggest charity need in recent history. Haiti is destroyed. Even before the earthquake they were the poorest nation in the western hemisphere. I wonder why the right thinks they are the most generous in giving when their religious and political leaders can do nothing but make sick comments, even comments that would prevent people from giving, at this time of tremendous need? Republican King from Iowa says we should deport the Haitians back there to help with the relief effort. Deport people to a destroyed country that has no electricity, no food, no water, thousands of dead bodies in the streets. This is the Republican way of thinking. This is not generous and charitable. This is sick and twisted.

Pat Robertson is not my religious leader and Mr Limbaugh is certainly not my Political leader. I would be willing to bet that I have given more to charity than most in my financial bracket. So why are you generalizing like that. It has been proven time and again that the right donates more throughout the year to charities. So you have a few idiots who make some stupid comments and that changes facts? Give me a break.

It's been proven time and again? Not likely Opie. Conservatives donate to their church, and write off the deduction (put in $5 and deducte $50, the conservative way). My biased opinion not backed by any evidence is as valid as yours.

Pat Robertson is not my religious leader and Mr Limbaugh is certainly not my Political leader. I would be willing to bet that I have given more to charity than most in my financial bracket. So why are you generalizing like that. It has been proven time and again that the right donates more throughout the year to charities. So you have a few idiots who make some stupid comments and that changes facts? Give me a break.

Haha! See what I mean?

The right brags about how giving they are yet they vote for scumbags like King who says we should deport Haitians so they can help clean up the rubble.

The right actually thinks they are more charitable than the rest of us.

What a freaky joke!

Because there is no infrastructure in Haiti?

Because there weren't even cranes to offload the supply ships?

Because the roads were nonexistent...until now there was little ways to get people to the docks, to then get them to the hospital ship?

Do you think the US military is clueless?

I think that when i was bording the planes with the RDF that the Hospital ship supporting us was pulling out about the same time. I truly wonder if this is not part of the RDF any longer since it is the RDF that went into Haiti. And if it is no longer part of the RDF mission then why the hell not? BTW they have helipads to bring in patients to these ships. I bet they even have their own choppers

That Hospital ship supporting you....how much advance notice did they have that they were supporting you? How much advance notice did they have as to the logistics needed? the environment they were going to? etc?

I'm sure they had the standing mission to be prepared to deploy with minimum time same as we did. From time of notification to the Unit we had 3 hours to be at Green ramp ready to board the planes. I would hope that our supporting units were right on our ass, especially a support unit that would take up to a week or longer to catch up to us, depending upon where we were going.

The question is has this practice been changed and if so why? in 76-77 that ship would have been prepared to move out of harbor the first day.

If that ship was dependent on outsourced privatization of resources, Ollie, I would doubt it.

If that ship was dependent on outsourced privatization of resources, Ollie, I would doubt it.

Good points both of you.

Haiti was in terrible shape before the quake. I think the media and most people are missing the big picture.

Bill Clinton, now with W by his side, will hopefully get things moving.

The only reason the supplies are mostly going into the airport is the port is useless. The US military has only now got the OK to control things at the airport.

Poor Haiti.

I'm sure they had the standing mission to be prepared to deploy with minimum time same as we did. From time of notification to the Unit we had 3 hours to be at Green ramp ready to board the planes. I would hope that our supporting units were right on our ass, especially a support unit that would take up to a week or longer to catch up to us, depending upon where we were going.

The question is has this practice been changed and if so why? in 76-77 that ship would have been prepared to move out of harbor the first day.
When the ship isn't deployed it is kept in a state of reduced readiness. Which makes sense, cost wise. It is also probable that different types of deployment change slightly what supplies are need aboard ship.

Fox News, number one in cable news network, I wonder why...

(psssssp, cause they don't write what Obama tells 'em)

Because people like to watch a train wreck. That's why you have friends here too. Same mechanics at work.

NOPE! wrong again

Everyone is just tired of the Mein Kampf media

:clap2: Great coverage of the scott heard around the world too :clap2:

Our response started slow, but it is coming together. Our presence is strong and functional. This isn't the time for those questions Ollie, that will come way later. That We support efforts on the ground positively, is more important right now.

I'm watching the Networks on the ground. CNN is doing a great job. Anderson Cooper is among the best of them right now, not what He pulled during Katrina, at all. Realistic, Hopeful, and Positive, shedding light both on weaknesses and strengths. The more We all stay with this, the more the Locals will be helped.

When the ship isn't deployed it is kept in a state of reduced readiness. Which makes sense, cost wise. It is also probable that different types of deployment change slightly what supplies are need aboard ship.

Best not to make an issue of the slow start. You would lose. Make the best of what is going on now.

According to some sources the Haitians are blocking roads with corpses.
If they are, then they're idiots and they probably will die.

I once read an article (because I live in Hurricane Heaven) about disaster,, somewhere between 48 and 72 hours anarchy breaks out. These folks had very little infrastructure and central authority before this earthquake.. somebody needs to do something.. Janet????

Janet is the head of 'HOMELAND SECURITY' nothing happening in Haiti is a threat to our homeland. This is a job for Hillary and she appears to be on top of it.

The relief effort in the first week has been amazingly good. Hooray for America! Prayers for the Haitians.

side note: any Haitian child who has been evacuated to the US and who has no family to return to should be automatically fast tracked for adoption here.

Haiti is a foreign country, filled with hostile elements, and lacking any sort of infrastructure. It was also pretty much lacking a form of organized government.

The fact that we've got so much aid getting to them in so short a time is amazing.

The fact that some morons on this board and in talk radio are criticizing the effort instead of trying to help is pathetic, and, unfortunately, typical.

Haiti is a foreign country, filled with hostile elements, and lacking any sort of infrastructure. It was also pretty much lacking a form of organized government.

The fact that we've got so much aid getting to them in so short a time is amazing.

The fact that some morons on this board and in talk radio are criticizing the effort instead of trying to help is pathetic, and, unfortunately, typical.

Sort of reminds Me of Katrina! LOL!!! Local Government, Infrastructure, Anarchy, and Criticism.

Criticism is a part of Life, LWC, the best of Us will realize the effect of it and keep it constructive. During time of crisis it is imperative. Honesty in evaluation after the fact, does serve to improve ability and effectiveness, which is what it really is all about.

I don't know about your definition of criticizing, but when I asked about the policies for our Hospital ships it's because I truly want to know if that has changed. It was pure luck or coincidence that we had a ship in the area a few years back when the Tsunami hit Indonesia. And I don't know how you have helped but We (even though living on a fixed income) sent an extra check to the Red Cross.

I don't know about your definition of criticizing, but when I asked about the policies for our Hospital ships it's because I truly want to know if that has changed. It was pure luck or coincidence that we had a ship in the area a few years back when the Tsunami hit Indonesia. And I don't know how you have helped but We (even though living on a fixed income) sent an extra check to the Red Cross.

Fair questions Ollie. :):):):):)

Forum List

Back