Veggiegate

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Stunt Vegetables Used in Recent White House Garden Episode

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSmRLIqfXKg"]A minor scandal has arisen[/ame] over a recent episode of Iron Chef America, which purported to use as the secret ingredient vegetables harvested from the White House garden under the supervision of First Lady Michelle Obama.

There was a long sequence of the chefs, Bobby Flay, Emeril Lagasse, Mario Batali, and White House Executive Chef Cristeta Comerford poking through the garden, picking various vegetables. The implication was that they were going to go forth to the kitchen/battle stadium and use those very vegetables to cook their dishes.

And, as Fox News reported, it was indeed not so. The Iron Chef competitors bought what amounted to "stunt double vegetables" at a New York grocery store on the day of the Iron Chef America taping.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel
I can't believe I missed that episode. I was probably lamenting the fact that I didn't have the internet....curled in the fetal position watching "Johnny Test" with the kids.

Did anyone really think Michelle Obama was a gardener?

If she was her husband would not have been complaining about the price of arugula during the campaign.

99% of rational people, and even 60% of irrational people would just go "BS," laugh a little and move on. But for the 0bamas, it is just one more little raindrop that hits the statue and dribbles away some of the clay at the base of it. So when the whole thing topples over this will be one very tiny part of it.

Why did something as extremely trivial as this even make the "news"?

I saw that episode last weekeend. They sure made it seem like those vegetables came from the White House. The judges did too. The reason things like this get brought up is as a warning, before they lie on big things. It is too late in the case of our current president, we already knew he was all about the photo op and misinformation.

I saw that episode last weekeend. They sure made it seem like those vegetables came from the White House. The judges did too. The reason things like this get brought up is as a warning, before they lie on big things. It is too late in the case of our current president, we already knew he was all about the photo op and misinformation.

Yep I hate those phony photo ops too.

bush-ranch5.jpg

bush-ranch5.jpg

I knew this, too, was Bush's fault

bush-ranch5.jpg

Looks just like my shirt and pants when I'm clearing brush. Are you suggesting that is a stunt double?

bush-ranch5.jpg

I know what you mean:

obama-hanging-curtains.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

bush-ranch5.jpg

I know what you mean:

obama-hanging-curtains.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Do you want a president that wields a chainsaw and works outdoors or a president that hangs window treatments?

Forum List

Back