Welfare should be ended completely

Repairing GOP screw ups.

Yeah, but after the past 7 years, we know that they blame everything on the GOP. If it rained on Thursday, they'd blame the GOP.

Flint goes broke, and changes water supplies, causing a crisis, they would blame the GOP, even though the city is run by democrats.

No matter what happens, they'll blame the GOP.

So effectively you are saying "they'll screw something up, blame the GOP, and run on fixing their own failures".
After 35 years of Reaganism, our infrastructure is falling apart, stupid. All to save the greedy idiot GOP rich...

Republican welfare ideas actually do get people off of welfare. The left criticizes them for some minor reason but they do reduce the welfare rolls to some degree. The same can never be said about 'liberal' welfare programs. Those always seem to expand.

I'm not sure I agree with you. Liberal welfare programs can work. Democrat welfare programs maybe not. Though you haven't provided any details of all the Democratic welfare programs that haven't worked to back up your case.

As for Republican welfare ideas actually working, you didn't back that up either. But I'd say making people die isn't a welfare program. The Iraq War was NOT a welfare program even if 4,000 not so rich Americans were killed.

Repairing GOP screw ups.

Yeah, but after the past 7 years, we know that they blame everything on the GOP. If it rained on Thursday, they'd blame the GOP.

Flint goes broke, and changes water supplies, causing a crisis, they would blame the GOP, even though the city is run by democrats.

So effectively you are saying "they'll screw something up, blame the GOP, and run on fixing their own failures".

And you'll defend Republicans no matter what, and then you just end up with partisan bullshit.

The only reason I can think of why we have so many people not in the work force is that food stamps is better which is why those programs should be ended.

Food stamps isn't a great welfare program. However some welfare programs are okay, like unemployment benefit. It could be made better, but it works. Retirement benefits work. Benefits for children work.

Repairing GOP screw ups.

30 of 50 states in the US are run by the GOP...

Tell me one time any of them have taken reponsiblity for anything that happened in their state.

Repairing GOP screw ups.

After 35 years of Reaganism, our infrastructure is falling apart, stupid. All to save the greedy idiot GOP rich...
Republican welfare ideas actually do get people off of welfare. The left criticizes them for some minor reason but they do reduce the welfare rolls to some degree. The same can never be said about 'liberal' welfare programs. Those always seem to expand.
Yup, like the corrupt Booosh world depression. We're STILL paying 2-300 billion a year for welfare for the victims...used to almost a trillion a year. and you dupes think Obama caused this. LOL brainwashed functional morons....minor reason my butt. Pure RW idiocy.

Are you really so dense to not even recognize all of the corporate welfare created because of republicans? Do you really see ANY republican try to put an end to it? Instead they would rather target cheaper programs for the poor. That makes for good politics.

It's amazing to me how willfully ignorant and stupid you people really are.

When I look at Corporate welfare, I see democrat programs.

The biggest government corporate welfare today, is the Farm subsidy. Who pushed the farm subsidy? Democrats.

The second largest corporate welfare, is green energy grants. Who visited Solyndra?

Who pushes grants for medical research? Republicans? No, Democrats do. Then you complain about Big Pharm making profits on medicine created with government grants?

How many millions did we give to General Motors to make a battery for electric cars, and who pushed that?

In fact, who saved GM, by allowing GMAC to be declared a bank? And who give it to the Unions? Was that Republicans? I don't think so.

See, every single time the left-wing brings up Corporate Welfare, they convict only themselves.

You show me the Federal budget, and show me what government expenditure is going to what company, through a welfare program pushed for by Republicans.

I want the name of the program, the amount spent, and what the vote break down was, for who supported it.

Everyone screams about the bank bailouts
H.R.1424 - 110th Congress (2007-2008): A bill to provide authority for the Federal Government to purchase and insure certain types of troubled assets for the purposes of providing stability to and preventing disruption in the economy and financial system and protecting taxpayers, to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide incentives for energy production and conservation, to extend certain expiring provisions, to provide individual income tax relief, and for other purposes.
Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008-

Looky there..... Who proposed the bill?
Sponsor: Rep. Kennedy, Patrick J. [D-RI-1]

Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 1.43.10 AM.png

Who had the majority, and voted over overwhelmingly to support the bailouts?

See a problem here?

By the way... you want to even start looking at all the corporate welfare in the Stimulus act?

Our seniors have a measure of financial security thanks to Social Security that they wouldn't have otherwise. In the larger sene of the word "success", I'm not sure it's a success to have to rely on it. I think it's successful that it's there for them... And we don't have millions of geriatrics dying in the streets from starvation.

Repairing GOP screw ups.

And you'll defend Republicans no matter what, and then you just end up with partisan bullshit.

And you'll defend Democrats no matter what, and then you just end up with partisan bullshit.

(what goes around, comes around)

Repairing GOP screw ups.

And you'll defend Democrats no matter what, and then you just end up with partisan bullshit.

(what goes around, comes around)

See, that's the thing. I won't. I'm not a partisan hack. I say what I think, I make my own arguments, I wouldn't vote Democrat or Republican, I favor a system of Proportional Representation to get rid of the power the two parties have and to make more ideas, more democracy, more choice, more sensible politics.

Common Core is a qualified Democrat disaster. School Lunch Program is a qualified Republican success.

Our seniors have a measure of financial security thanks to Social Security that they wouldn't have otherwise. In the larger sene of the word "success", I'm not sure it's a success to have to rely on it. I think it's successful that it's there for them... And we don't have millions of geriatrics dying in the streets from starvation.

And there was no evidence of that in the 1920s either. Of course people who didn't expect government to take care of them, actually planned how to live out their retirement.

Today though, the average Social Security check is $1,300 dollars.

The local McDonald where I live, has a starting wage of $10.10/hour. That means a McDonald's worker is making $1,600 a month, while the Social Security pensioner is making $1,300. Base pay for a Walmart greeter, is 9/hr. That's $1,400 a month.

Of course, we're comparing these wages to the *average* Social Security check.

Meaning half of Social Security recipients get less than $1,300 a month.

Which is exactly why you see old retirees working at Walmart, and Wendy's and Tim Hortons. These retirees are escaping their "financial security thanks to Social Security".

And here is what is even more pathetically ironic.

Every single one of these people, if they had the option to take the money away from Social Security, and place it into a standard retirement mutual fund.... They would ALL be millionaires.

How do I come up with that? Easy. Take $100 a month, and place it into a 401K or IRA, Stock Mutual fund. I have a mutual fund that has made 13% ROI, from its inception.

Let's take just 10%. You put $100 into an investment from 20 to age 65, at 65 you will have a Million dollars.

Now that's just $100 a month. Social Security takes 15% of your income. What's 15% of minimum wage? $175. Now you are up near $2 Million dollars.

But Social Security takes 15%, and the AVERAGE pay out is $1,300 a month.

Which is better? $2 Million.... or $1,300 a month?

Far from "financial security thanks to Social Security", it's more like preventing retirement in wealth, to have a retirement in poverty... but at least it's a 'secure' poverty.

Are you really so dense to not even recognize all of the corporate welfare created because of republicans? Do you really see ANY republican try to put an end to it? Instead they would rather target cheaper programs for the poor. That makes for good politics.

The biggest government corporate welfare today, is the Farm subsidy. Who pushed the farm subsidy? Democrats.

The second largest corporate welfare, is green energy grants. Who visited Solyndra?

Who pushes grants for medical research? Republicans? No, Democrats do. Then you complain about Big Pharm making profits on medicine created with government grants?

How many millions did we give to General Motors to make a battery for electric cars, and who pushed that?

In fact, who saved GM, by allowing GMAC to be declared a bank? And who give it to the Unions? Was that Republicans? I don't think so.

See, every single time the left-wing brings up Corporate Welfare, they convict only themselves.

You show me the Federal budget, and show me what government expenditure is going to what company, through a welfare program pushed for by Republicans.

I want the name of the program, the amount spent, and what the vote break down was, for who supported it.

H.R.1424 - 110th Congress (2007-2008): A bill to provide authority for the Federal Government to purchase and insure certain types of troubled assets for the purposes of providing stability to and preventing disruption in the economy and financial system and protecting taxpayers, to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide incentives for energy production and conservation, to extend certain expiring provisions, to provide individual income tax relief, and for other purposes.

View attachment 91105

See a problem here?

By the way... you want to even start looking at all the corporate welfare in the Stimulus act?
Those are all good programs and have been paid back. Farm, used to be a good idea, now propped up by GOP. The bailouts saved us from ANOTHER GOP DEPRESSION, fool. And our middle class and country are falling apart because of Reaganist tax rates, all to save the greedy idiot GOP rich who run your party, dupe. See sig pp1.

Common Core is a qualified Democrat disaster. School Lunch Program is a qualified Republican success.
CC, like No Child left behind, (and NAFTA etc) are victims of the GOP's refusal to follow up with investment they promised. All to save the rich as always DUH.

View attachment 91105

See a problem here?

Oh gee how typical of you to leave out the welfare sponsored by republicans like Big Oil, Big Pharma, Israel, and churches. By the way, any corporate welfare going to agriculture is also sponsored by republicans.

Republicans Starve The Poor While Handing $20 Billion to Corporate Welfare Bums

Now sure democrats push corporate welfare, but the difference is that republicans try to cut SNAP benefits to single mothers and veterans (oh shit!).

It is called making life easier and increasing our living standards.
-SSI keeps old people from dying on the street
-Food stamps makes sure people don't starve in tough times.
-Unemployment allows a person to survive between jobs
A public education allows poor and rich alike to have equal chance to succeed. We'd look more like india or africa if it wasn't for this.
-Minimum wage helps increase our standard of living for our poorest.

Are you really so heartless to take this away? I'd focus more on education and technological training if you wished for success, but if you're a moral person then that is the general reason for welfare.

They've got you brainwashed...

Look like India or Africa? How f'ing stupid are you?

Don't answer, just crawl back into your victim mentality...

View attachment 91105

See a problem here?

Oh gee how typical of you to leave out the welfare sponsored by republicans like Big Oil, Big Pharma, Israel, and churches. By the way, any corporate welfare going to agriculture is also sponsored by republicans.

Republicans Starve The Poor While Handing $20 Billion to Corporate Welfare Bums

Now sure democrats push corporate welfare, but the difference is that republicans try to cut SNAP benefits to single mothers and veterans (oh shit!).
Many Dems fight corporate welfare, but the system is compromised by GOP campaign finance law and lobbyist law. Like everywhere else, they've been obstructed in congress by the party of NO.

Unemployment Insurance and SNAP. Lots of people have used both temporarily during bad times.

Forum List

Back