Welfare should be ended completely

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
The only reason I can think of why we have so many people not in the work force is that food stamps is better which is why those programs should be ended.

• Banned
Republican welfare ideas actually do get people off of welfare. The left criticizes them for some minor reason but they do reduce the welfare rolls to some degree. The same can never be said about 'liberal' welfare programs. Those always seem to expand.

food stamps is very little money and is not meant to feed a person completely, just to supplement what they are spending already....

no one can live off of it and no one who needs a job would refuse a job, for food stamps.

• Banned
food stamps is very little money and is not meant to feed a person completely, just to supplement what they are spending already....

no one can live off of it and no one who needs a job would refuse a job, for food stamps.

This statement is bullshit: There are no lazy people on this earth who want everything for free.

Republican welfare ideas actually do get people off of welfare. The left criticizes them for some minor reason but they do reduce the welfare rolls to some degree. The same can never be said about 'liberal' welfare programs. Those always seem to expand.

Well of course. If you actually helped people into self-sufficiency.... what use would they have for Left-wingers? You gotta keep them at the pork line, or they don't need the pork line anymore.

Democrats always run on "this needs fixed". If everything is fixed, what would they run on?

Are you really so dense to not even recognize all of the corporate welfare created because of republicans? Do you really see ANY republican try to put an end to it? Instead they would rather target cheaper programs for the poor. That makes for good politics.

It's amazing to me how willfully ignorant and stupid you people really are.

How do you explain why there are millions of people who are not working and not looking for work?
I'm one of them....i'm not a senior, but no longer work...and only my husband works....I just decided I didn't want to live in the fast lane anymore, and wanted, for the first time in my life, after 25 years working, that I wanted to smell the roses, not let life pass me by, because I was working and traveling all the time.... I actually wanted to be a housewife, something I had never been because I had a career that involved me to travel a lot and basically, gave my life to my job....my husband had been ''the wife'' to a degree....I had the harder and higher paying job, so he picked up the dry cleaning, figured out dinner for the two of us, ran all the errands including grocery shopping and God bless him for being so good and understanding all those years....but together we decided that we would give up the money I made, and live a modest life on the hubby's income....so we did.

Getting people off welfare and independent results in more people disliking big government. Those on the doles are more than willing to cede freedom and liberty in order to be taken care of. The left's definition of success is lifelong dependents who will continue to vote for those who promise to steal on their behalf.

The liberals want cradle to grave care and control over people. That is why they seek to indoctrinate children at an early age.

It is called making life easier and increasing our living standards.
-SSI keeps old people from dying on the street
-Food stamps makes sure people don't starve in tough times.
-Unemployment allows a person to survive between jobs
A public education allows poor and rich alike to have equal chance to succeed. We'd look more like india or africa if it wasn't for this.
-Minimum wage helps increase our standard of living for our poorest.

Are you really so heartless to take this away? I'd focus more on education and technological training if you wished for success, but if you're a moral person then that is the general reason for welfare.

Are you really so dense to not even recognize all of the corporate welfare created because of republicans? Do you really see ANY republican try to put an end to it? Instead they would rather target cheaper programs for the poor. That makes for good politics.

It's amazing to me how willfully ignorant and stupid you people really are.

Evil...That is the word.

Repairing GOP screw ups.

Yeah, but after the past 7 years, we know that they blame everything on the GOP. If it rained on Thursday, they'd blame the GOP.

Flint goes broke, and changes water supplies, causing a crisis, they would blame the GOP, even though the city is run by democrats.

No matter what happens, they'll blame the GOP.

So effectively you are saying "they'll screw something up, blame the GOP, and run on fixing their own failures".

Forum List

Back