Website Forced To Retract Martin Photo

It's dishonest to be running a picture of a 12-year-old in place of a 17-year-old gang banger.

The major point is the picture that's being shown all over the media is a false depiction of the person who got killed.

Because they won't accept the fact that Zimmerman started this by stalking a citizen who was minding his own business.

They also won't accept that Martin had the right to defend himself. Sadly, his stalker was armed and obviously willing to kill an innocent kid who was armed with a bag of skittles and a plastic cup full if ice tea.

I have no doubt that Zimmerman regrets killing Martin because his own action has effectively ended his own life. Even if he doesn't get the death penalty, he has brought down a heap of anger and resentment on his head. There is no place where he will ever again be safe and I would think he won't last very long in prison.

I wish we could all learn from this tragedy but all it seems to be doing is reinforcing our fears and bigotry. I read that gun sales continue to rise ...

Which is why the language of the "stand your ground law" will not protect zimmerman in this case.

however, other laws on the books may protect him in light of the way the physical confrontation devolved.

The major point is the picture that's being shown all over the media is a false depiction of the person who got killed.

Because they won't accept the fact that Zimmerman started this by stalking a citizen who was minding his own business.

They also won't accept that Martin had the right to defend himself. Sadly, his stalker was armed and obviously willing to kill an innocent kid who was armed with a bag of skittles and a plastic cup full if ice tea.

I have no doubt that Zimmerman regrets killing Martin because his own action has effectively ended his own life. Even if he doesn't get the death penalty, he has brought down a heap of anger and resentment on his head. There is no place where he will ever again be safe and I would think he won't last very long in prison.

I wish we could all learn from this tragedy but all it seems to be doing is reinforcing our fears and bigotry. I read that gun sales continue to rise ...

Which is why the language of the "stand your ground law" will not protect zimmerman in this case.

however, other laws on the books may protect him in light of the way the physical confrontation devolved.

maybe there is a law concerning how big martin was, seeing that this is somehow relevant.

I've seen this photo go viral.

screen-shot-2012-03-25-at-11-41-57-am.png

It turns out that this photo was not Trayvon Martin.

Correction and update: Twitchy issues apology for fake Trayvon Martin photo

Correction, 8:56 pm ET March 25, 2012: We made a mistake. The photo on the right is not of the Trayvon Martin who was shot by Zimmerman. We apologize to our readers and to the Martin family.

Turns out the photo was some middle school student in New York, who had the same name. Morons.

Nothing says media bias like that photo....I hope that kid in NY sues...or his parents do.

maybe there is a law concerning how big martin was, seeing that this is somehow relevant.

Doubt it (yes i know your being sarcastic). However, with the way the physical confrontation went with trevon ALLEGEDLY on top of zimmerman beating the crap out of him Zimmerman may have a "fear of life defense" that could be viable.

Stand your ground will not protect him though.

I live in Florida. I have a CCW permit and I carry.

So I keep up with the laws, the rules, regs, etc.

The first time I heard people reference the SYG law I knew this was political and not remotely concerned about Justice.

libtards HATE the SYG law. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

This is about, right now, Florida's VERY broad self-defense laws. And they are very broad. Which libtards also hate.

So I'm not really interested in whether Zimmerman is guilty or not. Neither am I interested in whether or not Martin was a choir boy, took care of his ailing Grandmother and walked his baby sisters to school every day.

This is about people from outside the State of Florida coming in and trying to dictate our laws to us.

I don't think we're going to let that happen. Not with Rick Scott in Office. And not with the current make up of the House and Senate.

We're pretty tough down here. You don't like it? Stay out. Seriously. Stay away.

We won't miss you

so? who cares?

Who cares? it was a fake photo that showed a bad image of the victim, you are an asshole for posting that fucked up comment.:cuckoo:

It's dishonest to be running a picture of a 12-year-old in place of a 17-year-old gang banger.

gang banger?

To racist pig fuckers like Ariux every Black teenager is a gang banger.

lolrec for call CONZ "pig fuckers"

I prefer RAT FUCK CONZ myself.

The first time I heard people reference the SYG law I knew this was political and not remotely concerned about Justice.

This is about, right now, Florida's VERY broad self-defense laws. And they are very broad. Which libtards also hate.

So I'm not really interested in whether Zimmerman is guilty or not. Neither am I interested in whether or not Martin was a choir boy, took care of his ailing Grandmother and walked his baby sisters to school every day.

This is about people from outside the State of Florida coming in and trying to dictate our laws to us.

I don't think we're going to let that happen. Not with Rick Scott in Office. And not with the current make up of the House and Senate.

We're pretty tough down here. You don't like it? Stay out. Seriously. Stay away.

We won't miss you

I'm from MA, I have a liscense to conceal carry high capacity firearms, do carry, and also knew the moment people tried to say that stand your ground is why this guy "could shoot" the other guy it was bullshit.

Those who keep trying to say that this happened because of stand your ground are using this tragedy to forward their own, anti-gun, political agenda in a despicable manner.

Those who keep trying to portray zimmerman as a white guy to forward their own power based on racial division are also being dishonest and dispicable.

Like you I saw this story as a tragedy with lost life and as a political football rife with dishonesty in the name of forwarding peoples specific agendas.

Don't forget this week we have obamacare in the supreme court, this is an awfully nice distraction from that court case isn't it ;)

I'm from MA, I have a liscense to conceal carry high capacity firearms, do carry, and also knew the moment people tried to say that stand your ground is why this guy "could shoot" the other guy it was bullshit.

Those who keep trying to say that this happened because of stand your ground are using this tragedy to forward their own, anti-gun, political agenda in a despicable manner.

Those who keep trying to portray zimmerman as a white guy to forward their own power based on racial division are also being dishonest and dispicable.

Like you I saw this story as a tragedy with lost life and as a political football rife with dishonesty in the name of forwarding peoples specific agendas.

Don't forget this week we have obamacare in the supreme court, this is an awfully nice distraction from that court case isn't it ;)

Despicable people use despicable means. What else can you expect from the left?

We won't miss you

Personally..I think the stand your ground law is insipid and poorly written..and there is absolutely no need for it.

That said.

The solution here..was simple.

Arrest.
Question the perp at the scene.
Collect evidence.
The perp goes before a judge, charges are made..bail is set.
A trial by Judge and Jury.

That's what should have happened. Now it's going to be a federal case.

We won't miss you

Personally..I think the stand your ground law is insipid and poorly written..and there is absolutely no need for it.

That said.

Arrest.
Collect evidence.

I totally agree with your assessment in this post.

We won't miss you

That said.

Arrest.
Collect evidence.

No. It's not going to be a Federal case. :cuckoo:

And in the Great State Of Florida, we try not to arrest people that are innocent of any crime.

Maybe your State is different

That said.

Arrest.
Collect evidence.

No. It's not going to be a Federal case. :cuckoo:

And in the Great State Of Florida, we try not to arrest people that are innocent of any crime.

Maybe your State is different

You don't think Obama will have Holder get the feds involved in this and try to end all "Stand your ground laws" based off the false premise that this happened due to that law?

I think he will.

Forum List

Back