Website Forced To Retract Martin Photo

The really sad thing is, it shouldn't even matter. Even if the picture was of the kid who was killed, it doesn't justify the killing. It shouldn't in any sane person's mind, and it definitely doesn't in the eyes of the law. But we're not talking about sane, rational people here.

You were not there at the thime of the incident. So stop making conclusive statements.
No one knows the events leading up to the shooting of young Mr Martin.
There are witness accounts which media has been derelict in it's duty to report.
One such account has a witness stating that Martin was beating Zimmerman while pinning him to the ground. ANother states that Zimmerman was cut and bruised plus he had grss stains on his back.
On the other side we have AL Sharpton making this into a white/black issue.
Zimmerman is not Caucasian. He is Hispanic. A minority.

Not only did you just say it was Al Sharptons fault for making this about race but you followed up by stating Zimmerman is Hispanic. Why do you want everyone to call him ONLY Hispanic when he is also white. Nope, you arent making this about race at all. :doubt:

And I think Zimmerman made this about race after calling Martin a fucking coon and then shooting him dead
By saying "they always get away with it" and "fucking coon"' Zimmerman really was the first to make this about the kid's skin color.

Martin had every right to " stand his ground" and defend himself. It was obviously very foolish of him to fight back against an attacker who had a gun but maybe he didn't know that.

Law enforcement was wrong and is still wrong for letting the killer remain free. If for no other reason than his own safety, Zimmerman should be in custody. But, it's likely that he will never be safe from the same vigilante justice he was meeting out when he decided to stalk this innocent kid.

There's plenty of dishonest photos that are viral, on any issue, but lets not pretend this photo was all over the media.

Here is his Facebook photo: Don't know when he posted it. Big kid though, at 6'3".

trayvon-facebook.jpg

So the thug picture isn't the only image distortion that has gone viral or has been shown by the media. Shocker.

There's plenty of dishonest photos that are viral, on any issue, but lets not pretend this photo was all over the media.

Here is his Facebook photo: Don't know when he posted it. Big kid though, at 6'3".

trayvon-facebook.jpg

I've read that the pic on the right isn't Martin. Looks like him though.

If it is him, so what?

If he's really 6'3", so what?

Doesn't mean he's bullet proof.

What I don't get is the scenario that the right wing has to believe in order to not make this look bad.

A guy with a gun follows a teenage kid.
Calls cops who tell him NOT to follow the kid. He ignores the police dispatcher.
He gets OUT of his vehicle, confronts the kid and what happens?
According to the story you're concocting....this kid carrying some iced tea and a BAG OF SKITTLES beats down Zimmerman so badly that Zimmerman has NO CHOICE but to pull his gun and shoot the kid?

Now, tell me...how fucking STUPID is it to follow someone, get out of your car and confront them WHILE ARMED, they beat you so badly that you HAVE to shoot him as a last resort?
Zimmerman could have taken ANY NUMBER of steps to make sure this didn't happen.
He could have followed what the cops told him.
He could have stayed in his car.

This fuck went looking for trouble and even though I doubt this kid put up much of a struggle, he killed him anyway.

The police are doing their BEST to muddy the waters around the case, knowing it will be less and less likely as time goes on that he will ever be charged. I'm surprised that the sheriff or state cops haven't stepped in.

I've seen this photo go viral.

screen-shot-2012-03-25-at-11-41-57-am.png

It turns out that this photo was not Trayvon Martin.

Correction and update: Twitchy issues apology for fake Trayvon Martin photo

Correction, 8:56 pm ET March 25, 2012: We made a mistake. The photo on the right is not of the Trayvon Martin who was shot by Zimmerman. We apologize to our readers and to the Martin family.

Turns out the photo was some middle school student in New York, who had the same name. Morons.

And yet the "rational" members of USMB continue to post that picture and believe that it is the same Martin. Because that's what they WANT to believe.

you should really like, just don't even go there...ya know?

trayvon-facebook.jpg

I've read that the pic on the right isn't Martin. Looks like him though.

If it is him, so what?

If he's really 6'3", so what?

Doesn't mean he's bullet proof.

No it means if you take the first swing you could end up dead.

You never know whos packing so be nice!!

What I don't get is the scenario that the right wing has to believe in order to not make this look bad.

A guy with a gun follows a teenage kid.

Lots of people in Florida carry guns. It's a Free State.

Calls cops who tell him NOT to follow the kid.

A lie. Just.Simply.A.Lie.

He ignores the police dispatcher.

Police dispatchers have no more authority than your local dog-catcher. Less, actually.

He gets OUT of his vehicle, confronts the kid and what happens?

Another lie. Martin came up behind Zimmerman and sucker-punched him.

According to the story you're concocting....this kid carrying some iced tea and a BAG OF SKITTLES beats down Zimmerman so badly that Zimmerman has NO CHOICE but to pull his gun and shoot the kid?

Now, tell me...how fucking STUPID is it to follow someone, get out of your car and confront them WHILE ARMED, they beat you so badly that you HAVE to shoot him as a last resort?
Zimmerman could have taken ANY NUMBER of steps to make sure this didn't happen.
He could have followed what the cops told him.
He could have stayed in his car.

This fuck went looking for trouble and even though I doubt this kid put up much of a struggle, he killed him anyway.

The police are doing their BEST to muddy the waters around the case, knowing it will be less and less likely as time goes on that he will ever be charged. I'm surprised that the sheriff or state cops haven't stepped in.

The rest is mindless drivel that I'm not in the mood to address.

the picture of him in the football uniform should be recent, within 2 years or so....unless you think this was a picture of him playing high school football when he was 12?

photos 2 where I linked you to, in his Football UNi.....then find photo 5 which is also his funeral announcement photo and recent....how many years do you think separate those 2 photos...or inches or lbs..?:eusa_eh:

no. 2-

Fla. Teen killed by neighborhood watch volunteer*Pictures - CBS News

no. 5-

The major point is the picture that's being shown all over the media is a false depiction of the person who got killed.

the picture of him in the football uniform should be recent, within 2 years or so....unless you think this was a picture of him playing high school football when he was 12?

photos 2 where I linked you to, in his Football UNi.....then find photo 5 which is also his funeral announcement photo and recent....how many years do you think separate those 2 photos...or inches or lbs..?:eusa_eh:

no. 2-

no. 5-

hm, a difference of how many inches and/or lbs would actually be relevant here?

no. 2-

no. 5-

of course it would.

no. 2-

no. 5-

of course it would.

why?

The major point is the picture that's being shown all over the media is a false depiction of the person who got killed.

People are fine with that, they want to see Martin a crazy animal thug to satisify their lust.

dude, you're really beleive that?

seriously? and no I don't mean the fringe..there are always those, of every stripe...

People are fine with that, they want to see Martin a crazy animal thug to satisify their lust.

dude, you're really beleive that?

seriously? and no I don't mean the fringe..there are always those, of every stripe...

This fake pic has been flying around all over the place of another kid with the same name and people are buying it, even here people are saying "Oh I knew it, the kid was a thug" etc etc, you can look at the various other Martin threads if you dont believe me.

Because they won't accept the fact that Zimmerman started this by stalking a citizen who was minding his own business.

They also won't accept that Martin had the right to defend himself. Sadly, his stalker was armed and obviously willing to kill an innocent kid who was armed with a bag of skittles and a plastic cup full if ice tea.

I have no doubt that Zimmerman regrets killing Martin because his own action has effectively ended his own life. Even if he doesn't get the death penalty, he has brought down a heap of anger and resentment on his head. There is no place where he will ever again be safe and I would think he won't last very long in prison.

I wish we could all learn from this tragedy but all it seems to be doing is reinforcing our fears and bigotry. I read that gun sales continue to rise ...

Because they won't accept the fact that Zimmerman started this by stalking a citizen who was minding his own business.

They also won't accept that Martin had the right to defend himself. Sadly, his stalker was armed and obviously willing to kill an innocent kid who was armed with a bag of skittles and a plastic cup full if ice tea.

I have no doubt that Zimmerman regrets killing Martin because his own action has effectively ended his own life. Even if he doesn't get the death penalty, he has brought down a heap of anger and resentment on his head. There is no place where he will ever again be safe and I would think he won't last very long in prison.

I wish we could all learn from this tragedy but all it seems to be doing is reinforcing our fears and bigotry. I read that gun sales continue to rise ...

If there were a University that handed out degrees for lying, you'd get a PhD.

trayvon-facebook.jpg

Thanks. Now that looks like it would be him a bit older.

I understand why people are putting out the younger picture of him, it plays into the narrative of the story a lot more.

I still get a kick out of the people who say zimmerman is white, lol, i've seen a few pictures of him now and he looks about as white as obama does :tongue:

Forum List

Back