we won’t be playing nice anymore

Slavery still isn't an objective evil. Objective evil is an oxymoron. The point was about complaints of being invaded, in that case I'd say then don't venerate invaders yourself or boo hoo. :dunno:
Do you consider slavery then to be relatively evil, acceptable if you feel a certain way about it? If nothing is seen as objectively evil, what determines anything to be evil, just how you feel about it at the moment?

Do you consider slavery then to be relatively evil, acceptable if you feel a certain way about it?
I consider slavery to be wrong personally and subjectively. I dont feel the need to pretend there is some objective moral force or mystical moral creator who agrees with me. These are just my personal and individual feelings.
If nothing is seen as objectively evil, what determines anything to be evil, just how you feel about it at the moment?
I'm not talking about appearances or how things seem. I approach the question rationally and scientifically. Is there evidence for morality being objectively real? There doesn't appear to be. So what conclusion does that leave us with?

I consider slavery to be wrong personally and subjectively. I dont feel the need to pretend there is some objective moral force or mystical moral creator who agrees with me. These are just my personal and individual feelings.

I'm not talking about appearances or how things seem. I approach the question rationally and scientifically. Is there evidence for morality being objectively real? There doesn't appear to be. So what conclusion does that leave us with?
That leaves us with the conclusion that there is nothing restricting man from doing whatever he wants to, no matter how harmful it might be to someone else or to himself. That's the inevitable end result of moral relativism, might begets right and the strongest get all the spoils. There's nothing to stop another Hitler from igniting a worldwide war trying to eliminate a population just because he wants to and can.

That leaves us with the conclusion that there is nothing restricting man from doing whatever he wants to, no matter how harmful it might be to someone else or to himself.
Nothing except equal or superior force.
That's the inevitable end result of moral relativism, might begets right and the strongest get all the spoils.
You're only complaining about the conclusion, you arent really refuting it. :dunno:
There's nothing to stop another Hitler from igniting a worldwide war trying to eliminate a population just because he wants to and can.
Nothing except military might which is the same thing that stopped him last time, not moral sentiment.

Nor should we. Should Trump win in 2024, he won't be getting any cooperation from liberal Democrats. He will have no choice but to issue Executive Orders in order to give the American voters what they want.
Because Joe Biden is getting full cooperation from the Republicans, right? The ones who just voted for an impeachment inquiry?

Should he keep issuing EOs until he matches Trump's 220 EOs?

Because Joe Biden is getting full cooperation from the Republicans, right? The ones who just voted for an impeachment inquiry?

Should he keep issuing EOs until he matches Trump's 220 EOs?
why are you only against EOs when trump does them??

trump-tweet-obama-eo.jpg

In eight years, Barack Obama issued 277 Executive Orders.

In only four years, Donald Trump issued 220 Executive Orders.

Hypocrisy much?

Forum List

Back