'We Will Burn:' Texas Pastor to Set Himself Aflame if Marriage Equality Wins

Flipper

VIP Member
May 14, 2015
They are like modern day flagellates.

Like everything these radical theocracy minded people say, the won't go through with it. They like to sound brave but it is only noise.

"Rick Scarborough, the antigay Texas pastor who already made headlines with a full-page newspaper ad announcing that he had at least 44,500 followers who pledged to go to jail to defend so-called traditional marriage, is now threatening to set himself on fire to stop marriage equality."

We Will Burn Texas Pastor to Set Himself Aflame if Marriage Equality Wins Advocate.com

Do it big papi, c'mon you made that promise before God and country...

Now here's the question.....if this guy does it and immolates himself, will conservatives claim gays killed him?

• Banned
"Rick Scarborough, the antigay Texas pastor who already made headlines with a full-page newspaper ad announcing that he had at least 44,500 followers who pledged to go to jail to defend so-called traditional marriage, is now threatening to set himself on fire to stop marriage equality."

We Will Burn Texas Pastor to Set Himself Aflame if Marriage Equality Wins Advocate.com

Do it big papi, c'mon you made that promise before God and country...

Now here's the question.....if this guy does it and immolates himself, will conservatives claim gays killed him?

I hope not

There was a time when Christians used to set gays on fire

Seems fitting

I'd like to see your source for this?

Violence against LGBT people - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

When the Roman Empire came under Christian rule, all male homosexual activity was increasingly repressed, often on pain of death.[8] In 342 CE, the Christian emperors Constantius and Constans declared same-sex marriage to be illegal.[9] Shortly after, in the year 390 CE, emperors Valentinian II, Theodosius I and Arcadiusdeclared homosexual sex to be illegal and those who were guilty of it were condemned to be publicly burned alive.

Seems fitting

When the Roman Empire came under Christian rule, all male homosexual activity was increasingly repressed, often on pain of death.[8] In 342 CE, the Christian emperors Constantius and Constans declared same-sex marriage to be illegal.[9] Shortly after, in the year 390 CE, emperors Valentinian II, Theodosius I and Arcadiusdeclared homosexual sex to be illegal and those who were guilty of it were condemned to be publicly burned alive.

Not one instance of Gay Burning there son.

Yeah................sure....................conservative nutjobs never follow through on their promises.

Ted Nugent is still alive and not in jail.

This morning the SCOTUS ruled that gay marriage is LEGAL IN ALL 50 STATES!

I wonder if the church is going to have a barbecue this weekend?

Seems fitting

But there's more.....

During the Middle Ages, the Kingdom of France and the City of Florence also instated the death penalty. In Florence, a young boy named Giovanni di Giovanni (1350–1365?) was castrated and burned between the thighs with a red-hot iron by court order under this law.[11][12] These punishments continued into the Renaissance, and spread to the Swisscanton of Zürich. Knight Richard von Hohenberg (died 1482) was burned at the stake together with his lover, his young squire, during this time. In France, French writer Jacques Chausson (1618–1661) was also burned alive for attempting to seduce the son of a nobleman.

Seems fitting

But there's more.....

During the Middle Ages, the Kingdom of France and the City of Florence also instated the death penalty. In Florence, a young boy named Giovanni di Giovanni (1350–1365?) was castrated and burned between the thighs with a red-hot iron by court order under this law.[11][12] These punishments continued into the Renaissance, and spread to the Swisscanton of Zürich. Knight Richard von Hohenberg (died 1482) was burned at the stake together with his lover, his young squire, during this time. In France, French writer Jacques Chausson (1618–1661) was also burned alive for attempting to seduce the son of a nobleman.

Wow, ya got the tater....3 of them.

Since you are keeping score it is what...Isis hundreds Christians 3?

Seems fitting

But there's more.....

Is ISIS going to cheer when the Pastor sets himself on fire?

This nation has so many serious problems right now... I and everyone I know could not care less if two men want to marry. Hell... with the marriage tax penalty put back in place by Obama the country could use the extra revenue. So knock yourself out.
Now lets discuss the 18 Trillion DOLLARS in debt we are and the fact that ISIS is killing everything in their path. What do ya say? Maybe now we can take a clear look at the border and at healthcare. So go ahead get married but leave small businesses and churches alone and you will have my continued support. If law suits start flying around you will have a real fight on your hands.

But there's more.....

Is ISIS going to cheer when the Pastor sets himself on fire?

Probably, and so will you.

Ponder that.

Maybe there is hope for this country when in one week we not only get rid of a symbol of racism, but we also advance the rights of many.

Forum List

Back