'We Will Burn:' Texas Pastor to Set Himself Aflame if Marriage Equality Wins

There was a time when Christians used to set gays on fire

Seems fitting

I'd like to see your source for this?

Violence against LGBT people - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

When the Roman Empire came under Christian rule, all male homosexual activity was increasingly repressed, often on pain of death.[8] In 342 CE, the Christian emperors Constantius and Constans declared same-sex marriage to be illegal.[9] Shortly after, in the year 390 CE, emperors Valentinian II, Theodosius I and Arcadiusdeclared homosexual sex to be illegal and those who were guilty of it were condemned to be publicly burned alive.

Not one instance of Gay Burning there son.

But there's more.....

During the Middle Ages, the Kingdom of France and the City of Florence also instated the death penalty. In Florence, a young boy named Giovanni di Giovanni (1350–1365?) was castrated and burned between the thighs with a red-hot iron by court order under this law.[11][12] These punishments continued into the Renaissance, and spread to the Swisscanton of Zürich. Knight Richard von Hohenberg (died 1482) was burned at the stake together with his lover, his young squire, during this time. In France, French writer Jacques Chausson (1618–1661) was also burned alive for attempting to seduce the son of a nobleman.

Wow, ya got the tater....3 of them.

Since you are keeping score it is what...Isis hundreds Christians 3?
2000 year history of Jewish persecution

Jewish persecution from 1200 to 1800 CE

1543: In his 20's, Martin Luther, had expected Jews to convert to Christianity in large numbers. Distressed by their reluctance, he developed a hatred for Jews, as expressed in his letters to Rev. Spalatin in 1514, when he was 31 years of age. He wrote:
"I have come to the conclusion that the Jews will always curse and blaspheme God and his King Christ, as all the prophets have predicted....For they are thus given over by the wrath of God to reprobation, that they may become incorrigible, as Ecclesiastes says, for every one who is incorrigible is rendered worse rather than better by correction." 6

In 1543, he wrote "On the Jews and their lies, On Shem Hamphoras" :

"...eject them forever from this country. For, as we have heard, God's anger with them is so intense that gentle mercy will only tend to make them worse and worse, while sharp mercy will reform them but little. Therefore, in any case, away with them!...What then shall we Christians do with this damned, rejected race of Jews?

topbul1d.gif
First, their synagogues or churches should be set on fire,...
topbul1d.gif
Secondly, their homes should likewise be broken down and destroyed... They ought to be put under one roof or in a stable, like Gypsies.
topbul1d.gif
Thirdly, they should be deprived of their prayer books and Talmuds in which such idolatry, lies, cursing and blasphemy are taught.
topbul1d.gif
Fourthly, their rabbis must be forbidden under threat of death to teach any more...
topbul1d.gif
Fifthly, passport and traveling privileges should be absolutely forbidden to the Jews...
topbul1d.gif
Sixthly, they ought to be stopped from usury. All their cash and valuables of silver and gold ought to be taken from them and put aside for safe keeping...
topbul1d.gif
Seventhly, let the young and strong Jews and Jewesses be given the flail, the axe, the hoe, the spade, the distaff, and spindle and let them earn their bread by the sweat of their noses as in enjoined upon Adam's children...

Gay Jews? will some tell me why Joe wants to set himself on fire? What will happen to Morning Joe?

I can not be held responsible for the actions of idiots

It is however interesting that you and ISIS are on the same wavelength.
Seems you are the one who brought them up

Looks like you and ISIS share a common view of homosexuals

Poor RW, I'm the one that posted this tread ;)

YOU have been busted sympathizing with ISIS, sorry kid.
Your views and ISIS are one in the same when it comes to homosexuality

LOL, you think this will work?

I posted this about the Pastor, you sympathized with Isis.

You lose spanky ;)
I sympathized with the homosexuals he is throwing a fit over

You started your admiration of iSIS

Seems fitting

When the Roman Empire came under Christian rule, all male homosexual activity was increasingly repressed, often on pain of death.[8] In 342 CE, the Christian emperors Constantius and Constans declared same-sex marriage to be illegal.[9] Shortly after, in the year 390 CE, emperors Valentinian II, Theodosius I and Arcadiusdeclared homosexual sex to be illegal and those who were guilty of it were condemned to be publicly burned alive.

But there's more.....

During the Middle Ages, the Kingdom of France and the City of Florence also instated the death penalty. In Florence, a young boy named Giovanni di Giovanni (1350–1365?) was castrated and burned between the thighs with a red-hot iron by court order under this law.[11][12] These punishments continued into the Renaissance, and spread to the Swisscanton of Zürich. Knight Richard von Hohenberg (died 1482) was burned at the stake together with his lover, his young squire, during this time. In France, French writer Jacques Chausson (1618–1661) was also burned alive for attempting to seduce the son of a nobleman.
The fucking middle ages bro?

What a sewer dredging loser you are. And irrelevant as well

It is however interesting that you and ISIS are on the same wavelength.

You lose spanky ;)

You screwed up, you sympathized with ISIS.

Just admit it and move on.

You lose spanky ;)

You screwed up, you sympathized with ISIS.

Just admit it and move on.

It is well known you sleep in ISIS pajamas

First we have people wanting a Constitutional Convention, now someone says he's going to set himself on fire? Is everyone on crack or something? :wtf:

"Rick Scarborough, the antigay Texas pastor who already made headlines with a full-page newspaper ad announcing that he had at least 44,500 followers who pledged to go to jail to defend so-called traditional marriage, is now threatening to set himself on fire to stop marriage equality."

We Will Burn Texas Pastor to Set Himself Aflame if Marriage Equality Wins Advocate.com

Do it big papi, c'mon you made that promise before God and country...

If he doesn't do it, that makes him a liar. Lying is a sin. He should be stoned to death, and the government should make a law that prohibits him from being married.

I am still waiting for all those far left drones that claimed they would move to Canada after GWB was elected in 2004..

However now all the far left should be praising GWB now..

And yeah..................I'm still waiting for all those far right conservatives to make good on their promise...................

Ted Nugent said that if Obama was re-elected, he'd either be in jail or dead. He's still alive and not incarcerated.

And yanno..................maybe it would be good to see Christians stick to their word. I hope there is a good barbecue this weekend.

"Rick Scarborough, the antigay Texas pastor who already made headlines with a full-page newspaper ad announcing that he had at least 44,500 followers who pledged to go to jail to defend so-called traditional marriage, is now threatening to set himself on fire to stop marriage equality."

We Will Burn Texas Pastor to Set Himself Aflame if Marriage Equality Wins Advocate.com

Do it big papi, c'mon you made that promise before God and country...

For Pastor Scarborough...

rulings%2Ftom-pantsonfire.gif

Maybe he will pray about the issue and God will talk him out of it

But there's more.....

Wow, ya got the tater....3 of them.

Since you are keeping score it is what...Isis hundreds Christians 3?

Is ISIS going to cheer when the Pastor sets himself on fire?

Probably, and so will you.

Ponder that.

Flipper, give it up. You're a guppy trying to swim with the sharks.

Hope he doesn't, as that would be a waste of life. But at the same time, not setting himself alight would prove that he made these crazy statements out of desperation to stop what he thinks as a 'perversion'.

Seems fitting

But there's more.....

Poor rome. Tiberius had a group of young boys to service him. All underage of course.

Forum List

Back