We Should Listen to the 99%

From the same article since it seems obvious some commented without reading it:

In the '60s, most of the people who marched in the street and attended rallies couldn't have voiced a detailed critique of the war. At Zuccotti Park, I found that no one could offer me a coherent explanation of why they hated Wall Street, and no one suggested a workable plan for regulating banks. (One fellow told me all we need to do is establish more small farms.) But everywhere I went I heard from people who were angry and frightened about the future in a world where, as they put it, 99% of the people seem to be losing opportunity, power and security while 1% are gaining wealth and influence at a rate not seen since the Roaring '20s.

The "small farms" comment was funny, but it's understandable that he never found anyone "a coherent explanation of why they hated Wall Street, and no one suggested a workable plan for regulating banks". It's a complex problem and people who just rage, bitch and moan aren't helping solve the problem. All they are good for is bringing attention to the problem(s).

If anyone of the "99%" can rise to the level of the "1%" the entire arguement of the OWS does not make any sense.

If anyone of the "99%" can rise to the level of the "1%" the entire arguement of the OWS does not make any sense.

No, that would only be true if ALL of the 99% could do that. You do understand the difference between "any" and "all," right?

Are you arrogant fucks now claiming that OWS speaks for all of the 99%?

lol

Who are you talking to?
Seeing as the poster quoted YOU?

Safe BET he was addressing you...NO?

Not necessarily.

First off he responded in the plural.

Second of all he was insulting and the OP didn't even give a hint of an insult.

Third of all had you bothered to read the OP you would have seen that he only suggested that we read the cut and paste and give comment. He didn't necessarily say he agreed with everything that was in his C&P.

So who was Charles_Main addressing?

Who are you talking to?
Seeing as the poster quoted YOU?

Safe BET he was addressing you...NO?

Not necessarily.

First off he responded in the plural.

Second of all he was insulting and the OP didn't even give a hint of an insult.

Third of all had you bothered to read the OP you would have seen that he only suggested that we read the cut and paste and give comment. He didn't necessarily say he agreed with everything that was in his C&P.

So who was Charles_Main addressing?

Hint?

QUOTE FUNCTION.
:cuckoo:

enhanced-buzz-13566-1320338458-7.jpg

Forum List

Back