CDZ We only need one gun law

images.duckduckgo.com.jpg

We already have thousands of gun laws, at the Federal, State, and local level. Murder, armed robbery, etc, are already illegal. We only need one more gun law...

Anyone found guilty of any violent crime with a gun...Gets hanged by the neck until dead.

The punishment doesn't fit the crime. Lynching is ok for someone convicted of murder, though.

We already have thousands of gun laws, at the Federal, State, and local level. Murder, armed robbery, etc, are already illegal. We only need one more gun law...

Anyone found guilty of any violent crime with a gun...Gets hanged by the neck until dead.

The punishment doesn't fit the crime. Lynching is ok for someone convicted of murder, though.
So if someone shoots you in the head and you survive, what do you think should be their punishment?

So if someone shoots you in the head and you survive, what do you think should be their punishment?

Tough question. Chop off their gun hand, maybe. Punishment is supposed to be a deterrent from committing further offenses.

That would probably do it.

Get rid of the zillion gun laws, make a few that work, (nothing is 100%) & then support those laws with follow through.

Get rid of the zillion gun laws, make a few that work, (nothing is 100%) & then support those laws with follow through.

Agreed. I'd love to own a Thompson sub-machine gun or a German MG-42 without having to spend thousands of dollars and pay a $200 tax stamp.

But that doesn't mean I'd ever shoot someone or rob a bank with it.

Heck, is that even a law or just a change in sentencing?

I'll support it btw.

On the nit picking side I'd like to clean up some private gun sale laws and generally simplify the regulations making it the same experience to buy a semi auto pistol, rifle or shotgun

There is a high percentage of murderers who have already been convicted of other gun crimes. Should these criminals be let loose into society?
This new law would absolutely stop recidivism.

I would make exceptions for some mitigating circumstances. Just to cite an obvious scenario, if a father catches some piece of filth sexually assaulting his child, and shoots that piece of filth in the head, I would be inclined to go easy on him, even if his use of force wasn't exactly legal.

I also don't really see any reason to single out the use of a firearm. As far as I am concerned, any crime which involves intentionally attempting to cause the death of another, causing the death of another through some extreme degree of carelessness and disregard, or making a credible threat of the use of deadly force, ought to be punishable by death, unless there are significant mitigating circumstances involved. This would cover nearly every instance of murder, attempted murder, or even robbery or other crimes that are carried out by threat of deadly force. The willingness to unjustifiably cause the death of another human being is good enough reason, I think, to put a criminal to death.

The Democrats adopted gun control as one of their causes, back in the 1960s, I think, in response to accusations that they were the party that was “soft on crime”. It was a way to appear to be willing to do something about crime, without actually being detrimental to criminals, who were, and still are, an important constituency.

On the nit picking side I'd like to clean up some private gun sale laws and generally simplify the regulations making it the same experience to buy a semi auto pistol, rifle or shotgun

No reason that government should have its filthy hands in that at all. The right to keep and bear arms necessarily includes the right to buy, sell, trade, or otherwise exchange arms; therefore, government has no legitimate authority to interfere with this.

No reason that government should have its filthy hands in that at all. The right to keep and bear arms necessarily includes the right to buy, sell, trade, or otherwise exchange arms; therefore, government has no legitimate authority to interfere with this.

But that's the problem. There shouldn't be a right to own guns.

There's no good reason for it.

The Second Amendment was about militias, not guns. But today we have professional armies and police departments, we don't need militias.

But that's the problem. There shouldn't be a right to own guns.

There's no good reason for it.

The Second Amendment was about militias, not guns. But today we have professional armies and police departments, we don't need militias.

Thanks for being honest.

Thanks for being honest.

More honesty than you can stand.

Guns in the home don't protect you from criminals and they don't protect you from an overbearing government.

They do make it easier for unstable people to kill other people. and that's it.
And yet there are 400 million firearms in private hands and only about 10000 murders a year with them.

Life in prison.

Here's the rundown of what we should do.

Commit any crime while in possession of a firearm even if that firearm is not drawn get an automatic 10 years no parole. Thus would make the act of illegally carrying a weapon one that gets you put away for 10 years.

Discharge a firearm while committing any crime even if no one is injured 20 years no parole.

Discharge a firearm during the commission of a crime and either injure or kill anyone life no parole.

Guns in the home don't protect you from criminals and they don't protect you from an overbearing government.

How can you be so sure about that? Would banning guns make crazy people sane, criminals into law abiding citizens?

New Topics

Forum List

Back