We Look Stupid

WTF is with all the hand wringing over the safety measures taken to prevent terrorists from boarding airplanes? I dun get this AT ALL. Fearful of being leered at by security during a body scan?

Take the fucking bus.

Why is this nation so full of pussies lately? What is up with all this Victorian Era modesty, that we'd rather be blown to bits at 10,000 feet than seen nakkie?

bus-rage.jpg
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Benjamin Franklin

"The dream of a perfectly safe world is comfort only to the terminally afraid, and the evil of heart."

Me

Life involves risk. Deal with it.

Seems to me the whole bitchfest is because we are dealing with the risk, my Big Fizzy friend. Americans yearn for the days when TWA promised to provide you cocktails onboard served by pretty stewardesses, and won't get with the program that this is 2010.

We are not dealing with the issue. We're panicking. We're selling out our liberty and dignity for the theory that we won't be blown up in the sky. Mind you, the chance of dying on the way to the airport itself is higher.

We need to accept some risk, find more effective less invasive solutions and quit acting like everyone's a terrorist, and to make sure we're not singling out likely suspects, we'll treat EVERYONE as if they're a terrorist.

This is stupidity, not safety.

End the TSA, let airlines do their own security, and don't fly on carrier you don't feel safe about. Problem solved. Why? Because airlines can't risk to insult their customers OR lose an aircraft. FTBS (Fuck The Bull Shit) Great incentive right here, and a market testable solution.

Oh hey! Check this out too! You piss us off or criticize us, we slow down and make your life hell or cause you to miss your flight!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fmw01mAvkw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

What the hell do they care? They're federal employees and soon to be union protected. You can't fire em for wrecking service on the airlines. Fuck this, I'll find an alternative.

Last edited:
be careful, they'll fine you 11 grand for getting pissed off at them violating that boy.

We are not dealing with the issue. We're panicking. We're selling out our liberty and dignity for the theory that we won't be blown up in the sky. Mind you, the chance of dying on the way to the airport itself is higher.

We need to accept some risk, find more effective less invasive solutions and quit acting like everyone's a terrorist, and to make sure we're not singling out likely suspects, we'll treat EVERYONE as if they're a terrorist.

This is stupidity, not safety.

End the TSA, let airlines do their own security, and don't fly on carrier you don't feel safe about. Problem solved. Why? Because airlines can't risk to insult their customers OR lose an aircraft. FTBS (Fuck The Bull Shit) Great incentive right here, and a market testable solution.

Oh hey! Check this out too! You piss us off or criticize us, we slow down and make your life hell or cause you to miss your flight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fmw01mAvkw&feature=player_embedded

What the hell do they care? They're federal employees and soon to be union protected. You can't fire em for wrecking service on the airlines. Fuck this, I'll find an alternative.

The longest line i was ever in was 4 hours. That was at Vegas several years ago. It was on the united second level balcony and they were becoming worried about the sheer weight of the people. Vegas tsa lines in vegas are also the filthiest i have ever seen. Taking off my shoes there is a NIGHTMARE!

An unwarranted search is a violation of the fourth amendment.

Period.

Which amendment covers an unwarranted bomb?

Question mark.

Why am I not surprised that you support this under Obama? Aren't you one of the guys that complained when Bush asked for the Patriot Act?

Yea, "scanning" someone for a bomb as they get on a plane is EXACTLY the same as The Patriot Act, which dramatically reduced restrictions on law enforcement agencies' ability to search telephone, e-mail communications, medical, financial, and other records.

USA PATRIOT Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are all right wingers this dumb?

Question mark.

Why am I not surprised that you support this under Obama? Aren't you one of the guys that complained when Bush asked for the Patriot Act?

Yea, "scanning" someone for a bomb as they get on a plane is EXACTLY the same as The Patriot Act, which dramatically reduced restrictions on law enforcement agencies' ability to search telephone, e-mail communications, medical, financial, and other records.

USA PATRIOT Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are all right wingers this dumb?

The scanners don't detect the bombs, something you would be happy to point out if Bush were president. Why don't you just remember that every time someone walks through a scanner Michael Chertoff makes more money, that should remind you what the real issues are, and get your head straightened out. (He probably sends Bush a kickback, just to make it even more fun.)

Period.

It is not unwarranted. Dumb ass.

What probable cause do they have to search?

none of those gropings are based on probable cause and no judge in his right mind would condone a search like that.

If you fucking sheep are so worried about bombs on a plane then you should be worried about all the cargo in the belly of planes that never even gets looked at.

Find us a better security system, sorry but we cannot do without security and pre 9-11 type security will not do the job. So all of you (20% of you) who don't like the airport security as it is, well, find us something better.

Emulate the Israelis. Their system worked better than ours before scanners and still works better.

Period.

Question mark.

I'll say it again

If you fucking sheep are so worried about a bomb then you should realize that most of the cargo in the belly of a plane is not screened.

We sheep seem to be the ones who agree with you.

The NONsheep are flying by corporate jets.

Just sayin...

I have discussed more effective methods. Random searches are infinitely more effective than a standard procedure that terrorists can learn, adapt to, and overcome. If the government succeeds in making you feel safer by subjecting you to sexual assault instead of actually doing their job I am not the one with a problem,

"sexual assult?"

:eusa_hand:

Please, spare the drama.

BOTH profiling AND random body searches would offer the best defense against terrorist activity.

There is no reason to discount either because of a few snivilling cry-babies.

The law in California clearly criminalizes the type of contact that the TSA is using in its new searches, and at least 2 DAs have stated publicly that they are willing to file criminal charges if any passengers want to push it. You might not like the facts, but they are still there.

Besides, if I walked up to you on the street and tried that you would either react by trying to beat the crap out of me, or call the police and file charges. Why are you willing to allow strange men to grope you if they wear a blue shirt and work at an airport?

And I support profiling over treating innocent people like criminals. Smart screening makes a lot more sense, is more cost effective, and more effective. I don't expect the government to listen though.

So, in your opinion, the answer is not to search anyone who does not look Middle Eastern? Good to know. What bullshit...I'm very surprised at you, Quantum Windbag. The minute we decide to exempt any group of passengers from search, the terrorists will be busily recruiting such people or getting surgically altered to look like one, or whatever.

As for TSA getting arrested, the searches are not "unwarranted" and the DAs you mention are craven publicity whores.

I wonder if you could get anyone who lost a loved one on Flight 93 to agree we need to search fewer passengers?

Last edited:
I have discussed more effective methods. Random searches are infinitely more effective than a standard procedure that terrorists can learn, adapt to, and overcome. If the government succeeds in making you feel safer by subjecting you to sexual assault instead of actually doing their job I am not the one with a problem,

"sexual assult?"

:eusa_hand:

Please, spare the drama.

BOTH profiling AND random body searches would offer the best defense against terrorist activity.

There is no reason to discount either because of a few snivilling cry-babies.

The law in California clearly criminalizes the type of contact that the TSA is using in its new searches
, and at least 2 DAs have stated publicly that they are willing to file criminal charges if any passengers want to push it. You might not like the facts, but they are still there.

Besides, if I walked up to you on the street and tried that you would either react by trying to beat the crap out of me, or call the police and file charges. Why are you willing to allow strange men to grope you if they wear a blue shirt and work at an airport?

And I support profiling over treating innocent people like criminals. Smart screening makes a lot more sense, is more cost effective, and more effective. I don't expect the government to listen though.
Link? What they are doing is no more invasive that what would be done to you by a tailor who is altering your clothing while taking measurements.

I can just see a DA arresting TSA people for this at LAX.

The FAA could immediately forbid all outgoing flight because of security violations. How quickly would charges get dropped?

This is from a letter in a local Newspaper this morning.

"Who pays the price of freedom?

Please, soldier, go over there and protect me. Stand in the way of terror.
Take a bullet, run into battle for me. Just don’t make me go through
airport security. I’m not willing to give up that much for my freedom.
I’m only willing to give up yours.

Paul Hugenberg"

I have to agree with his sentiment but not that airport security gives up any freedom. I say it ensures our freedoms. Again there has to be a better way, But there isn't a better way that Americans will accept. At least none that I see right now. So flat out, do you fly and arrive alive ? Or do you keep bitching about nothing?

If I fly anywhere I want to know that everyone on the plane has gone through a good solid security check.

We the people of the US not only look stupid, we are stupid. To allow the scanning (naked) and or a pat down that a police officer cannot perform in the dilusional perspective that it will keep us safe is stupid. As a multi million mile flyer I have seen the steady and continual erosion of the true safety measures taken at the airport since 911. Keep in mind the private screeners during 911 did their job, box cutters were OK to take on board, my sales people and I did it every day we flew.

So instead, we turn our safety over to a government that cannot deliver the mail, cannot care of our veterans, cannot secure a military base from a single gunman, cannot, keep drugs out of the country, cannot close off the boarders. NO instead they concentrate millions of wasted money in harrassing innocent civilions. For one as a former SF, I will not allow anyone to scan me or touch me unless I want them to, my solution, I no longer fly and have donated millions of frequent flyer miles yesterday.

The next move will be full body cavity searches. This will happen when we find a bomb on one of the Mislims with it up his butt. Will you agree to that too in the interest of safety?

Forum List

Back