We Look Stupid

Is there an adult out there in this world who is of sound mind who does not know that if you go to the airport to fly somewhere that you are subject to search?

Find us a better security system, sorry but we cannot do without security and pre 9-11 type security will not do the job. So all of you (20% of you) who don't like the airport security as it is, well, find us something better.

Better? Like one recommended by actual experts?

After John Tyner: A Five-Step Plan to a Sane Airport Security System | Mother Jones

That is not even a challenge, despite Obama saying that all the experts saying this is the only answer.

Find us a better security system, sorry but we cannot do without security and pre 9-11 type security will not do the job. So all of you (20% of you) who don't like the airport security as it is, well, find us something better.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-idnrlL5ZHI&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Intrusive Security or Smart Security: The El Al Way

By Bob Ellis on November 21st, 2010

The past two weeks have brought multiple horror stories concerning the new Transportation Security Administration (TSA) security procedures at the nation’s airports. These involve the “x ray vision” backscatter scanners which provide basically a nude image of a person, and the intimate “pat downs” reminiscent of what is done to a criminal suspect upon arrest or incarceration.

Is this the only way to keep air travelers safe?

As Dr. Theo has pointed out before, the Israeli airline El Al has a fantastic air travel safety record. Of course, they don’t play all the politically correct games we feel obligated to play here in the United States.

In this Fox News interview below, Isaac Yeffet, the former head of security for El Al, talks about the different approach to security taken in Israel.

Link to the rest of this article is the title above.

Interesting how Israel has refused to install the new scanners. Something about them not working.

Just curious Madeline, how often do you fly? Have you ever had to deal with the tsa?

Will the ACLU be there when you are blown to bits, Rangal?

Use your noodle. This ain't the moment to stand on your rights.

Are you trying to usurp the most idiotic poster on USMB award? It is always the right time to stand on your rights. If it were not for people standing on their rights the government would take them all away.

If you wish to discuss more effective safety measures, Rangal, I'm all ears. If instead, you wanna carry on about TSA seeing an xray of your junk, sorry, not sympathetic.

I have discussed more effective methods. Random searches are infinitely more effective than a standard procedure that terrorists can learn, adapt to, and overcome. If the government succeeds in making you feel safer by subjecting you to sexual assault instead of actually doing their job I am not the one with a problem,

Seriously, UK people must have to contend with safety measures at the airport. I'd imagine all Europeans do....I dun hear any of them bitching like Americans have been.

That is because Eurotrash is used to bending over for any strong arm that shows up ;)

Is there an adult out there in this world who is of sound mind who does not know that if you go to the airport to fly somewhere that you are subject to search?

Is there an adult out there of sound mind that understands the government not only does not get to change the rules on a whim, but that they are rarely correct when they do so?

If you wish to discuss more effective safety measures, Rangal, I'm all ears. If instead, you wanna carry on about TSA seeing an xray of your junk, sorry, not sympathetic.

I have discussed more effective methods. Random searches are infinitely more effective than a standard procedure that terrorists can learn, adapt to, and overcome. If the government succeeds in making you feel safer by subjecting you to sexual assault instead of actually doing their job I am not the one with a problem,

"sexual assult?"

:eusa_hand:

Please, spare the drama.

BOTH profiling AND random body searches would offer the best defense against terrorist activity.

There is no reason to discount either because of a few snivilling cry-babies.

"sexual assult?"

Please, spare the drama.

BOTH profiling AND random body searches would offer the best defense against terrorist activity.

Thats just it. They are not profiling.

Fact is according to all the polls we've heard about only 20% are against the so called nude scanners. I don't like going through security but i got spoiled as a courier years ago. I can see the need for greater security right now. If we could start the Israeli systems I would agree with those also. Or any combination thereof. Almost anything that works.

But I am not going to cry about my rights not to be searched when I know damned well there is someone out there who would love to get a weapon or bomb on board any plane they can.

"sexual assult?"

Please, spare the drama.

Thats just it. They are not profiling.

And TSA has the same track record as the Israelis.

Just curious Madeline, how often do you fly? Have you ever had to deal with the tsa?

Not often, I'll admit. Not since last summer....but I nonetheless feel a stake in the safety of air travel. I flew a lot for work and I have seen the experience degrade. There is nothing pleasurable about air travel anymore whatsoever.....and there never will be again. I wish we had better trains here.

If the systems we have are less than optimal, fine by me if people wanna lobby for new ones. But I am disgusted that anyone -- Muslim or not -- thinks their modesty is more important than the safety of fellow passengers and I would not board a plane if I knew any class of passenger on it was exempt from search.

If the bellyaching is "we can do better", I'm open to hearing it. But if the bellyaching is "how dare they", fuck that.

"sexual assult?"

Please, spare the drama.

THIS is exactly what I am talking about. This hyperbole about "sexual assault" because during a search, you might be touched or viewed in the nude. Jesus H. Christ, the government isn't dragging you into an alley to do this, Quantum Windbag. It is trying its best -- and possibly not doing the best job on Planet Earth but then regulating and training all of TSA ain't easy either -- to protect you from harm.

I just cannot get over how foolish all this is, and how self-indulgent and short-sighted. What will the bitch-festival be like if a plane does get hijacked or blown to bits in US airspace again?

Not you, nor anyone else, riding on a commercial flight, has any right to demand these procedures be waived because they are an affront to your dignity -- your dignity is not more valuable than the safety of everyone else.

"sexual assult?"

Please, spare the drama.

THIS is exactly what I am talking about. This hyperbole about "sexual assault" because during a search, you might be touched or viewed in the nude. Jesus H. Christ, the government isn't dragging you into an alley to do this, Quantum Windbag. It is trying its best -- and possibly not doing the best job on Planet Earth but then regulating and training all of TSA ain't easy either -- to protect you from harm.

I just cannot get over how foolish all this is, and how self-indulgent and short-sighted. What will the bitch-festival be like if a plane does get hijacked or blown to bits in US airspace again?

Not you, nor anyone else, riding on a commercial flight, has any right to demand these procedures be waived because they are an affront to your dignity -- your dignity is not more valuable than the safety of everyone else.

Actually, Americans are viewed as whiners almost globally: Other's, used to being awaken in the middle of the night, rounded up at gunpoint by the police, and sent to a labor camp for a year of re-education, wonder at some American's bitch about having his "junk" touched.

WTF is with all the hand wringing over the safety measures taken to prevent terrorists from boarding airplanes? I dun get this AT ALL. Fearful of being leered at by security during a body scan?

Take the fucking bus.

Why is this nation so full of pussies lately? What is up with all this Victorian Era modesty, that we'd rather be blown to bits at 10,000 feet than seen nakkie?

bus-rage.jpg

The point is, it's not necessary.
Nevermind the fact that NOWHERE, besides their own made up rules, do they have the authority to search my person without probable cause.
There has to be a line.
Will they want to come search your house, your car?
Body cavity searches?

Forum List

Back