We Look Stupid

This is from a letter in a local Newspaper this morning.

"Who pays the price of freedom?

Please, soldier, go over there and protect me. Stand in the way of terror.
Take a bullet, run into battle for me. Just don’t make me go through
airport security. I’m not willing to give up that much for my freedom.
I’m only willing to give up yours.

Paul Hugenberg"

I have to agree with his sentiment but not that airport security gives up any freedom. I say it ensures our freedoms. Again there has to be a better way, But there isn't a better way that Americans will accept. At least none that I see right now. So flat out, do you fly and arrive alive ? Or do you keep bitching about nothing?

If I fly anywhere I want to know that everyone on the plane has gone through a good solid security check.
Good post...I was thinking of this earlier. Quite a few Americans have died protecting us in the war on terrorism and yet people are complaining about scrutiny at the airport. Pretty stupid in context.

We the people of the US not only look stupid, we are stupid. To allow the scanning (naked) and or a pat down that a police officer cannot perform in the dilusional perspective that it will keep us safe is stupid. As a multi million mile flyer I have seen the steady and continual erosion of the true safety measures taken at the airport since 911. Keep in mind the private screeners during 911 did their job, box cutters were OK to take on board, my sales people and I did it every day we flew.

So instead, we turn our safety over to a government that cannot deliver the mail, cannot care of our veterans, cannot secure a military base from a single gunman, cannot, keep drugs out of the country, cannot close off the boarders. NO instead they concentrate millions of wasted money in harrassing innocent civilions. For one as a former SF, I will not allow anyone to scan me or touch me unless I want them to, my solution, I no longer fly and have donated millions of frequent flyer miles yesterday.

The next move will be full body cavity searches. This will happen when we find a bomb on one of the Mislims with it up his butt. Will you agree to that too in the interest of safety?

As most of us have agreed, there has to be a better way. We haven't yet found it.

As for you, feel free to keep on marching, and donating.

Find us a better security system, sorry but we cannot do without security and pre 9-11 type security will not do the job. So all of you (20% of you) who don't like the airport security as it is, well, find us something better.

I've a better system that can detect even the smallest amount of explosives on a person or in a bag. It's pretty cheap..comes in several sizes and only requires a bit of kibble and water to keep working.

It's the D.O.G. system.

You can find them at shelters all through the country.

We the people of the US not only look stupid, we are stupid. To allow the scanning (naked) and or a pat down that a police officer cannot perform in the dilusional perspective that it will keep us safe is stupid. As a multi million mile flyer I have seen the steady and continual erosion of the true safety measures taken at the airport since 911. Keep in mind the private screeners during 911 did their job, box cutters were OK to take on board, my sales people and I did it every day we flew.

So instead, we turn our safety over to a government that cannot deliver the mail, cannot care of our veterans, cannot secure a military base from a single gunman, cannot, keep drugs out of the country, cannot close off the boarders. NO instead they concentrate millions of wasted money in harrassing innocent civilions. For one as a former SF, I will not allow anyone to scan me or touch me unless I want them to, my solution, I no longer fly and have donated millions of frequent flyer miles yesterday.

The next move will be full body cavity searches. This will happen when we find a bomb on one of the Muslims with it up his butt. Will you agree to that too in the interest of safety?

Except the existing xray scanners would already detect a bomb up your butt...

An unwarranted search is a violation of the fourth amendment.

Period.

Not quite. You don't have to fly, it's your choice and the cost to fly is to subject yourself to a search.
I simply refuse to fly as often. My adult sons and I like to take a baseball trip each year, catch the Giants in Philly or NY or Chitown. Not no more, we will drive to San Diego, LA, Pheonix, or BART to Oakland.
This year our trips were very local, AAA games in Sacramento and Fresno, single A in Stockton, Modesto and San Jose. Great fun and we never once had to remove our shoes or dignity.
btw, how's that war on terror going?

Period.

Not quite. You don't have to fly, it's your choice and the cost to fly is to subject yourself to a search.

You don't have to drive either. Should we institute a stop and search of all vehicles and drivers?

You don't have to go to the mall. Should we scan and grope all those coming to shop?

I simply refuse to fly as often. My adult sons and I like to take a baseball trip each year, catch the Giants in Philly or NY or Chitown. Not no more, we will drive to San Diego, LA, Pheonix, or BART to Oakland.
This year our trips were very local, AAA games in Sacramento and Fresno, single A in Stockton, Modesto and San Jose. Great fun and we never once had to remove our shoes or dignity.
btw, how's that war on terror going?

The plain and simple truth is that you are much more likely to be killed in your car or walking in NYC than being blown up in a plane.

And the whole war on terror thing is bullshit. If we took measures to secure our borders, we'd have a lot less to worry about. But that might offend someone so we'll stick to treating American citizens like fucking criminals instead.

Period.

It is not unwarranted. Dumb ass.

What probable cause do they have to search?

none of those gropings are based on probable cause and no judge in his right mind would condone a search like that.

If you fucking sheep are so worried about bombs on a plane then you should be worried about all the cargo in the belly of planes that never even gets looked at.

9/11
The pantie bomber
Richard Rameriz

Why am I not surprised that you support this under Obama? Aren't you one of the guys that complained when Bush asked for the Patriot Act?

Yea, "scanning" someone for a bomb as they get on a plane is EXACTLY the same as The Patriot Act, which dramatically reduced restrictions on law enforcement agencies' ability to search telephone, e-mail communications, medical, financial, and other records.

USA PATRIOT Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are all right wingers this dumb?

The scanners don't detect the bombs, something you would be happy to point out if Bush were president. Why don't you just remember that every time someone walks through a scanner Michael Chertoff makes more money, that should remind you what the real issues are, and get your head straightened out. (He probably sends Bush a kickback, just to make it even more fun.)

The scanners don't detect bombs. People using the scanners detect bombs.

Does everything have to be explained?

The next move will be full body cavity searches. This will happen when we find a bomb on one of the Mislims with it up his butt. Will you agree to that too in the interest of safety?

I love it when the right "thinks". It's so strange. Whether your right wing or not, the "thinking" is. It's like saying, "If gays are allowed to get married, they will marry their dogs". Right wingers always go for the bizarre. Death panels. A trip costing 200 million a day. I love the right wings unintentional hilarity.

Last edited by a moderator:

I love it when the right "thinks". It's so strange. Whether your right wing or not, the "thinking" is. It's like saying, "If gays are allowed to get married, they will marry their dogs". Right wingers always go for the bizarre. Death panels. A trip costing 200 million a day. I love the right wings unintentional hilarity.

I really don't think this is a total right vs left thing.

Now... I would like a cost effectiveness evaluation of this crap. Terrorists caught versus expenditure and human costs.

I seriously don't see why the heck dogs are not employed more.

Sensitivity?

Heck..being put through a scanner that renders you naked or having strangers grab your genitals seems for more intrusive then a cold nose tail wagger.

It is not unwarranted. Dumb ass.

none of those gropings are based on probable cause and no judge in his right mind would condone a search like that.

If you fucking sheep are so worried about bombs on a plane then you should be worried about all the cargo in the belly of planes that never even gets looked at.

9/11
The pantie bomber
Richard Rameriz

Not probable cause you idiot.

If we use your logic then every school kid should be strip searched because of Columbine. Or every man should be treated as a rapist because some men raped some women. Or the cops could search your house because some other guy did something.

Last edited:

Sensitivity?

Heck..being put through a scanner that renders you naked or having strangers grab your genitals seems for more intrusive then a cold nose tail wagger.

If they used bomb sniffing Octopii, I'd live at the airport.:redface:

Sensitivity?

If they used bomb sniffing Octopii, I'd live at the airport.:redface:
Oh you and your octophilia.

9/11
The pantie bomber
Richard Rameriz

Not probable cause you idiot.

If we use your logic then every school kid should be strip searched because of Columbine. Or every man should be treated as a rapist because some men raped some women.

I hate to agree with the moron, but

:eusa_eh:

There are schools with metal detectors.

:eusa_eh:

Men are the usual suspects in rape cases.

IEEE Spectrum: X-ray Body Scanners Arriving at Airports
The person operating the scanner sees an outline of the passenger’s body, with outlines around any objects on that person, and can react accordingly. The operator gets no more information than the shape of the object. ”You might see a rectangle, for example, and you don’t know if it’s a wallet or a cellphone or a packet of C-4 [explosives],” Reiss says.
So anyone carrying a wallet could be pulled aside since they wouldn't know what, exactly, the item is

The person operating the scanner sees an outline of the passenger’s body, with outlines around any objects on that person, and can react accordingly. The operator gets no more information than the shape of the object. ”You might see a rectangle, for example, and you don’t know if it’s a wallet or a cellphone or a packet of C-4 [explosives],” Reiss says.
So anyone carrying a wallet could be pulled aside since they wouldn't know what, exactly, the item is

You're supposed to put all that sort of stuff aside in the bin before you go through...

You're supposed to put all that sort of stuff aside in the bin before you go through...
How about implants or pacemakers?
Woman forced to remove prosthetic breast, And she's a flight attendant.
70 yr old man's pants removed over knee implant.

The list goes on.

I didn't realize that any of the 9-11 hijackers, the shoe bomber, or underwear bomber were 50 yr old women or 70 yr old men.

Forum List

Back