We don't need no stinkin Dept of Education!

That was a chicken shit statement . You do know that they teach evolution in catholic, baptist, or "name your religion" schools right ? And 9 times out of 10 the private school kids have it down better then public school kids right ? The Department Of Education is a failure. They have no reason to exist.

:clap2:

Not only should Jillian be nailed on that factoid NGSampson -- but isn't it the lefty teacher unions SCREAMING about having to teach to STANDARDS in order for their kids to pass National Testing?

THat's pretty inconsistent -- even by lefty standards.

so he's lying and saying that rightwingnuts don't want to teach creationism as science and making up lies about catholic schools doing better at teaching science than public schools and you high five him.

now THAT is funny. are you the same person?

*shrug*

Proof ? And my kids dont go to Catholic school. And kids in privat school, as well as home school dont just do better in science they do better in every subject.

Last edited:
Overview:
bullet

Protestant religious schools: There is little conflict over evolution within most Christian home schooling programs and Christian religious schools. Creation science and Intelligent Design are taught there as the only valid belief systems concerning the history of the world, its life forms and the rest of the universe. Naturalistic and theistic Evolution is generally rejected. However, there seems to be an increasing trend among some Christian high schools and colleges to abandon creation science in favor of theistic evolution -- the concept that evolution of the species happened on earth over billions of years, and that God used evolution as a tool to create the species that we see today.

Teaching of evolution in U.S. schools

Now that your lie is taken care of, What do we need Dept. of education for ?

It is evident we need the department of education to keep structure!!
wait... keep structure? As in the structure that's been failing for 40 years nearly?

I think its time to raze it and try again utilizing new technologies and more efficient forms of education.

And step one is to eliminate federal money for ALL levels of education. It's a states rights issue. Let the states decide if they want public school or to privatize the lot.

One in four is 25%

three in four is 75%

If 75% of grads are not educated to a sufficient level for freshman college courses, which are really no harder than high school courses, then 75% of grads are undereducated meaning they do not have a grasp of basic skills.

If you lost 75% of everything you had would you not say you lost almost everything?

So, 'not prepared for college' is "undereducated" for a high school grad now? Is that the standard? When was that established as the standard which all high school education must achieve? Got a link for that?

I defined the standards for undereducated in my first post as being unable to write well, unable to perform simple arithmetic sans calculator and a lack of knowledge of history and geography.

If those preparing for college do not possess these skills, it is reasonable to assume that those not preparing for college also lack these skills.

And my own experience in dealing with so called educated high school grads has proven to me that they indeed unable to perform the basic skills listed above.

So I stand by my description of almost all HS grads being undereducated.

You can stand by it all you want but you haven't come anywhere close to supporting it.

What exactly is "simple" arithmetic, and where is the link showing "almost all" high school grads cannot do it?

What exactly is "a lack of" knowledge in history and geography, and where is the link showing "almost all" high school grads do not have this ridiculously vague level of knowledge?

What exactly is writing "well," and where is the link showing that "almost all" high school grads have not achieved this equally vague distinction?

You haven't defined your terms and you cannot support your claims, so your conclusions are utterly baseless.

Yeah, otherwise we'll have students excelling in math, science and language all over the nation. THEN how will Obama ever get reelected?

We need to keep people stupid, so that democrats win elections!

People are generally stupid on their own. democrats need them to be dependent and scared to win elections.

wait... keep structure? As in the structure that's been failing for 40 years nearly?

I think its time to raze it and try again utilizing new technologies and more efficient forms of education.

It should also be remembered that we need cops, nurses, fire fighters, emt's. Not to mention the military, (which has been stigmatized again) as a path reserved for the poor.

People are generally stupid on their own. democrats need them to be dependent and scared to win elections.

Stupid people tend to be more dependent than intelligent people. Education breeds more than just knowledge, it breeds confidence. A knowledgeable and confident man doesn't need Obama to wipe his ass for him.

Public education only appears to be a disaster, in reality it is working precisely as designed. Creativity, problem solving and independent thought are not the goals of public education, quite the opposite.

Bachmann: Why do we need a Department of Education, anyway? « Hot Air

Or so it seems.

Painting herself as a “constitutional conservative” Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann told Sen. Jim DeMint’s forum Monday that if elected president she would look to get rid of the Department of Education, among other things.

Remind me again...what PARTY pushed the FEDERALIZATION of US education with the most FEDERALIZED EDUCATIONAL program in US history?

Oh yeah, I remember the REpublicans did...and that program is called NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND.

Well, I'm happy to see that the GOP is finally aware of what a disaster THAT plan was.

Welcome to the fold, along with most of this nation's educators who understand how stupid that FEDERALIZED TESTING system really is.

I don't believe Fed testing was stupid.. The states were cooking their books on THEIR standardized testing LONG before the FEDS stepped in .. Once we shut the doors on the Dept of Ed -- they'll be cooking their books AGAIN. Nothing's been solved. TESTING IS IMPORTANT -- otherwise you're just guessing at the problems..

So, 'not prepared for college' is "undereducated" for a high school grad now? Is that the standard? When was that established as the standard which all high school education must achieve? Got a link for that?

I defined the standards for undereducated in my first post as being unable to write well, unable to perform simple arithmetic sans calculator and a lack of knowledge of history and geography.

If those preparing for college do not possess these skills, it is reasonable to assume that those not preparing for college also lack these skills.

And my own experience in dealing with so called educated high school grads has proven to me that they indeed unable to perform the basic skills listed above.

So I stand by my description of almost all HS grads being undereducated.

You can stand by it all you want but you haven't come anywhere close to supporting it.

What exactly is "simple" arithmetic, and where is the link showing "almost all" high school grads cannot do it?

What exactly is "a lack of" knowledge in history and geography, and where is the link showing "almost all" high school grads do not have this ridiculously vague level of knowledge?

What exactly is writing "well," and where is the link showing that "almost all" high school grads have not achieved this equally vague distinction?

You haven't defined your terms and you cannot support your claims, so your conclusions are utterly baseless.

Yawn.

You can ignore it if you want but

CUNY's got math problem: Report shows many freshmen from city HS fail at basic algebra - New York Daily News

During their first math class at one of CUNY's four-year colleges, 90% of 200 students tested couldn't solve a simple algebra problem, the report by the CUNY Council of Math Chairs found. Only a third could convert a fraction into a decimal.

Simple math is beyond HS grads. Like I said try to hire one of these dolts and you'll see what I mean.

http://www.usatoday.com/educate/casestudies/writingskills.pdf

You're making general declarations you cannot support and drawing illogical conclusions therefrom. If you didn't feel the need to exaggerate you wouldn't be in this rhetorical mess.

Bachmann: Why do we need a Department of Education, anyway? « Hot Air

Or so it seems.

Painting herself as a “constitutional conservative” Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann told Sen. Jim DeMint’s forum Monday that if elected president she would look to get rid of the Department of Education, among other things.

We don't need no Pell Grants

Da da da
Da Da
Da da da

We don't need no student loans.

Da da da
Da Da
Da da da
No dark sarcasms in the class room
Hey! Teacher! Leave those kids alone!

You're making general declarations you cannot support and drawing illogical conclusions therefrom. If you didn't feel the need to exaggerate you wouldn't be in this rhetorical mess.

There's no problem with supporting the statement that testing has shown up to 70% of students in some districts below "proficiency"..

All you have to do is go to NAEP - Nation's Report Card Home and start perusing the data. I can't do that for you.. It's all there. And it's EXTREMELY dismal.. The NAEP test that it is based on is BASIC MINIMUM stuff. I've taken the 8th grade math test on the site.

We're not hiding anything -- it's all available. More than 1/2 of Public schools have problems preparing kids for MINIMUM expectations. That's a fact...

Last edited:
Now it's "some districts" eh? So, not "almost all," but 'almost all in some districts'? Still problematic.

Forum List

Back