We don't need no stinkin Dept of Education!

Most of the smart kids go to college, not enlist in the military.

Most perhaps, but your statement seems to infer that the military is void of intellectuals. On the contrary, all officers have college educations and the enlisted men obtain a lot of skilled training in the military that can be applied to the private sector when they exit. They also tend to be more disciplined. I would consider a job applicant with a military background a bit higher over someone with just a college degree.

as for what permits things like the department of education, i'll refer you to the constitution's general welfare clause. it's bad for the country to have a bunch of undereducated or miseducated people running around.

Almost every high school grad is undereducated.

They can't write for shit, can't do basic math without a calculator don't know squat about history or geography.
Yep. Undereducated but have good self esteem about it.

Hence the problem in liberal run education. "I suck but I feel good about it."

The American Spectator : Uneducated to Serve

SHOCKING: Nearly 1 In 4 High School Graduates Can't Pass Military Entrance Exam

All you have to do is talk to any employer in your town and ask them how pathetic high school kids are at basic skills like writing and arithmetic.

You really didn't answer my question the way it was asked, did you?

High School Remedial Courses - Are you prepared for college-level work?

40% of high school grads need to take at least one remedial course to prepare for college

Sounds pretty much like an undereducated bunch to me. Add in those that do not go to college and the percentage is bound to be significantly higher.

Even giving you the benefit of the doubt, does 40% = "almost all"? Maybe you are among the "undereducated"?

You really didn't answer my question the way it was asked, did you?

40% of high school grads need to take at least one remedial course to prepare for college

Sounds pretty much like an undereducated bunch to me. Add in those that do not go to college and the percentage is bound to be significantly higher.

Even giving you the benefit of the doubt, does 40% = "almost all"? Maybe you are among the "undereducated"?

once again the meaning beyond the literal words on the page is missed by public school sycophant.

There are many grads who do not go to college therefore one can reasonably extrapolate that many more than the 40% are in need of remedial education.

BTW have you ever actually interviewed a recent high school grad or read a so called resume written by one?

Have you ever had to teach a supposedly educated grad how to count change back to a customer or show them 20 times how to do a simple batch out procedure on a credit card machine?

Anyone who believes a public school grad is educated to the standards of 40 years ago has their head in the sand.

once again the meaning beyond the literal words on the page is missed by public school sycophant..

= you know you were wrong but lack the balls to admit it. Be more careful before you exaggerate next time.

BTW have you ever actually interviewed a recent high school grad or read a so called resume written by one?.

Thousands and thousands, as well as those of people 5, 10, 20 years out. Swing and a miss, champ.

BTW have you ever actually interviewed a recent high school grad or read a so called resume written by one?.

Thousands and thousands, as well as those of people 5, 10, 20 years out. Swing and a miss, champ.

Who's exaggerating now?

Or are you one of those public school teachers who grades on a curve so as to make it look like everyone gets an A?

If the majority of public HS grads are not prepared for college then are not most of them undereducated??

LOL! Still trying to dig your way out of that hole, champ?

Have you now changed the definition of 'educated' to 'prepared for college'? And where did "almost all" go? You seem to be lowering the bar in a desperate attempt to salvage your ill-considered declaration.

No, it's not going well for you at all.

Can you think of anything in the Constitution that prohibits the creation of the Department of Education?

You've never actually seen the constitution, have you?

Article [X.]

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Has the constitutionality of the Department ever been challenged in Federal court? And if so what was the outcome?

What you libs fail to grasp is that Conservative have no problem with education or environmental protection. We feel education can best be controlled by localities and states.

What conservatives fail to understand is that liberals have no problem with the above. The problem is there are many more important issues which need to be addressed before getting rid of the Department of Education. And if it is to be gotten rid of, do so for factual, objective reasons, not to conform to rightist dogma.

As far as the EPA, there should be laws against polluting the environment. We just don't feel that the executive branch should have the ability to bypass the Constitution and unilaterally make law.

Cite an example of the Executive bypassing the Constitution and unilaterally making law with regard to the EPA.

If you’re referring to the regulation of greenhouse gas emissions, the Court ruled that activity Constitutional in American Electric Power Co. v. Connecticut (2011).

If the majority of public HS grads are not prepared for college then are not most of them undereducated??

LOL! Still trying to dig your way out of that hole, champ?

Have you now changed the definition of 'educated' to 'prepared for college'? And where did "almost all" go? You seem to be lowering the bar in a desperate attempt to salvage your ill-considered declaration.

No, it's not going well for you at all.
It's going way better for me than for a recent graduate of our so called education system.

75% or more is almost all or did you not pass basic math.

Forum List

Back