we are already paying uninsured medical care

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
WE ALREADY PAY THE UNINSURED HEALTHCARE.

through taxes, higher insurance premiums, hospital bills,etc.

And we pay for the uninsured motorist. And we pay for the uninsured medical care. Hospitals are in the hole $56 billion a year for people who do not pay their hospital bills. Not to mention those who get discount from country clinics. Hospitals absorb the $56 billion through higher medical care fees for those who do pay. Through insured premiums, higher deductibles and co-payments because hospitals are going to charge your insurance company more. Even if you never use the hospital. We pay more than we would if we all had ObamaCare. Just because you don’t see it on your bill as “this part is for medical treatment for John or Jane” do not mean it’s not there. Without ObamaCare we will continue to pay more for others medical care. All of us are paying for RomneyCare through Medicaid. Half of RomneyCare was paid for with federal tax dollars through Medicaid.

If anyone tells you that you can negotiate with hospitals and doctors, it’s a lie. Even if you do negotiate, you are still paying more. Doctors do not get to negotiate their bills.

Hate Obama but only a complete chronic idiot hates ObamaCare which is affordable healthcare for all of us whether we buy into it or chose to stay with private healthcare.

When you buy auto insurance you are paying for uninsured motorist insurance and that makes your premiums higher. whether its' itimized on your bill our not.

Last edited:
Shhhhhh.... Shhhhh.... Shhhh.....

Now, now. We just need to over turn "Obamacare" and return to the way things were.........

The system wasn't broken. It was working fine.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the straw man lurking on the message board! :lol:

Your previous statement seems to fly in the face of conventional wisdom.

I'll bet you have some sort of qualitative data to back it up.

In the ED, we see an inordinate amount of "self pay" who tell us they can't afford $30 to fill a prescription.

Granted, my anecdote is a biased and skewed patient population since the ED is absorbing a disproportionate amount of primary care issues (with poor results since that is not what the ED is designed to do).

Lots and lots of cash customers fill urgent care clinics every day.

Just because some deadbeat claims that they can't pay $30 for a prescription doesn't necessarily mean they really can't pay.

In any case, getting rid of the 2,700-page Oblshevikcare monstrosity still doesn't mean that everything was peace and love beads before.

No "we" are not....A whole lot of the uninsured pay their bills every day.

The meme that the uninsured are a bunch of deadbeats-in-waiting is a great big liberoidal bullshit myth.

Link?

What percentage is "a whole lot"? Sounds like something you out of your ass..., AGAIN!

Shhhhhh.... Shhhhh.... Shhhh.....

Now, now. We just need to over turn "Obamacare" and return to the way things were.........

The system wasn't broken. It was working fine.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the straw man lurking on the message board! :lol:

Don't worry, we're not paying any attention to you, except as a point of mockery. Do you ever post anything substantial? :cool:

Just because some deadbeat claims that they can't pay $30 for a prescription doesn't necessarily mean they really can't pay.

In any case, getting rid of the 2,700-page Oblshevikcare monstrosity still doesn't mean that everything was peace and love beads before.

This is starting to look more like an opinion and less like a quantitative statement.

The meme that the uninsured are a bunch of deadbeats-in-waiting is a great big liberoidal bullshit myth.

Whom do you feel pays for the county hospitals? Just curious. Simple question....

The answer is tax payers. In many communities, the county hospital is the only Level I trauma center. Keeping that center open costs you and I and anyone else paying taxes money. That is what some of your tax burden goes to.

If someone has insurance, they can go to other hospitals; get preventative care instead of self-presenting to the emergency room when their health issue becomes one that requires acute care.

The lie the left tells is that somehow this will mean the county hospital will be bypassed....not going to happen.

What will happen is that you'll see less tax money going to hospitals but you'll still see tax monies going there. That is just common sense.

The lie the right tells is that this will do nothing...certainly not going to happen.

Whom do you feel pays for the county hospitals? Just curious. Simple question....

The answer is tax payers. In many communities, the county hospital is the only Level I trauma center. Keeping that center open costs you and I and anyone else paying taxes money. That is what some of your tax burden goes to.

If someone has insurance, they can go to other hospitals; get preventative care instead of self-presenting to the emergency room when their health issue becomes one that requires acute care.

The lie the left tells is that somehow this will mean the county hospital will be bypassed....not going to happen.

What will happen is that you'll see less tax money going to hospitals but you'll still see tax monies going there. That is just common sense.

The lie the right tells is that this will do nothing...certainly not going to happen.
Nobody said there's nothing wrong.

But treating all the uninsured as deadbeats is equally wrong...People pay cash for their medical bills all the time.

This is starting to look more like an opinion and less like a quantitative statement.
Millions of people pay out-of-pocket for uninsured automotive repairs every day.

They also pay for uninsured home repairs and upgrades.

Is that unquantified opinion too?

Absolutely correct! The 1% do it every dAY!

HISTORY OF A HEART ATTACK - 2001

I have a lot of interesting financial memories of this fond event but we will just hit the highlights. At the time I had company paid Blue Cross insurance.

Three days in hospital. All the various tests. (was even "code blue") Had two stents inserted. The hospital bill was slightly under $38,000.

Per their contract Blue Cross actually paid the hospital a little under $15,000. That's it. Bill paid in full. Do you think the hospital lost money on that deal? I don't. That would be kind of stupid don't you think?

So why do they do it? Two things come to mind. First the uninsured can be gouged rather easily. Had I no insurance I could have paid this bill. Perhaps I could have even negotiated a 10% discount but it remains that even so I would be paying almost twice as much as Blue Cross. Second, these high rates (that actually mean nothing) are a huge incentive to buy insurance. They represent financial disaster to most people. Before I was done with this heart attack the hospital had billed about $57,000. Again Blue cross paid just about 40% of that and everyone was happy as a clam.

This is hardly free enterprise at it's finest. At best it is a controlled scam. Not something we should be proud of or even continuing.

Another thing that irritates me about this event. It happened at about 3 AM. We called 911. Five minutes later the firemen were at the door with oxygen and IV. a few minutes later the local cops showed up. After almost 30 minutes the hospital ambulance showed up. There was nothing for them to do but load me up and take me away.

The hospital is 6 miles away. The bill? $1400. The final indignity was that I didn't even get a siren, just red lights. Over 200 bucks a mile and no siren?

Somehow the word scam again comes to mind.

From your post one thing is crystal clear. You have never applied for government benefits.

If it is as simple as you say why not go out there an get yourself free food stamps and all those easily attained government bennies?

Answer: You can't. They investigate. They check you out. It isn't that easy. They process may take a couple of weeks.

Free medical benefits? If it is so easy why do we have all these bankruptcies due to medical costs?

Forum List

Back