Is this how it will end?

This thread was posted here for ethics, not religion.

You don't have to buy it.

Doesn't make it less True.
It's not true, it's a religious belief. My belief is that Jesus would not be Jesus if he came back like some bad father with a belt. He told us how to make heaven on earth but we didn't listen. The Hell we made for ourselves instead is punishment enough.

Just one indicator:

Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.--Revelation 1:7

No one could have imagined such a thing in, say, AD 300, or for that matter, even 100 years ago.

Not so difficult to imagine now.
Actually there is more than one indicator:
Matthew 16:28
Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.

It's not true, it's a religious belief. My belief is that Jesus would not be Jesus if he came back like some bad father with a belt. He told us how to make heaven on earth but we didn't listen. The Hell we made for ourselves instead is punishment enough.

You're not believing in the Biblical Jesus.

While western society is being destroyed right before the eyes of the people, silence appears to be the response. Is this silence permanent or is something brewing that will save America just in time? How much is freedom worth? Is it worth putting something, maybe everything, on the line to keep? How close to the black hole are we willing to let this go? The people are being laughed at by the elites as an empty suit fiddle-faddles in the public square like a stand-up comic. No one seems to be laughing but the show goes on. Is Joe Biden the final curtain for democracy?

The global opinion of Joe Biden makes Rodney Dangerfield look like the most respected man on Earth. Could what comes out of Biden's mouth start World War Three?
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

While western society is being destroyed right before the eyes of the people, silence appears to be the response. Is this silence permanent or is something brewing that will save America just in time? How much is freedom worth? Is it worth putting something, maybe everything, on the line to keep? How close to the black hole are we willing to let this go? The people are being laughed at by the elites as an empty suit fiddle-faddles in the public square like a stand-up comic. No one seems to be laughing but the show goes on. Is Joe Biden the final curtain for democracy?

The global opinion of Joe Biden makes Rodney Dangerfield look like the most respected man on Earth. Could what comes out of Biden's mouth start World War Three?

I think ethics and religion are all tied up in this case to be honest.

What really accelerated the entire mess is abject panic over Covid. The people could never have been so terrified a century ago. The "vaccination" then would have been faith. Think about it: they lived then with no antibiotics, or just having come on the scene. Death was all around them, yet they lived.

We encounter a virus with a 99% survivability rate and gave up all our civil liberties--just handed them over to the most incompetent bureaucrats--because "keep us safe".

That starts with fear. There's a reason we're so terrified. As a nation we have no faith.

I think ethics and religion are all tied up in this case to be honest.

What really accelerated the entire mess is abject panic over Covid. The people could never have been so terrified a century ago. The "vaccination" then would have been faith. Think about it: they lived then with no antibiotics, or just having come on the scene. Death was all around them, yet they lived.

We encounter a virus with a 99% survivability rate and gave up all our civil liberties--just handed them over to the most incompetent bureaucrats--because "keep us safe".

That starts with fear. There's a reason we're so terrified. As a nation we have no faith.

That's just silly.. We had Polio and Diptheria and Spanish flu a century ago.

You're not believing in the Biblical Jesus.
I believe in the wisdom and moral imperatives Jesus preached. The rest is a bunch of mystical mumbo-jumbo cooked up by the early church to service organized religion. Being consumed with worry about the afterlife and endtimes prophesy only gets in the way of the core message.

That's just silly.. We had Polio and Diptheria and Spanish flu a century ago.

And there were massive shutdowns? People built outside restaurants outside of restaurants? People arrested for being alone on kayaks? Kids out of school for 16 months? That kind of abject panic?

That's what I'm talking about. Yes, there were worse diseases, I would contend. But not this PANIC.

I believe in the wisdom and moral imperatives Jesus preached. The rest is a bunch of mystical mumbo-jumbo cooked up by the early church to service organized religion. Being consumed with worry about the afterlife and endtimes prophesy only gets in the way of the core message.

Then you reject Jesus and have invented a character in your head. You have that right. But that's not Jesus.

And there were massive shutdowns? People built outside restaurants outside of restaurants? People arrested for being alone on kayaks? Kids out of school for 16 months? That kind of abject panic?

That's what I'm talking about. Yes, there were worse diseases, I would contend. But not this PANIC.

People were afraid of epidemics 100 years ago.. and we didn't have population density in most of the US.

Then you reject Jesus and have invented a character in your head. You have that right. But that's not Jesus.
If God insists that I believe in absurdities in order to see the kingdom of heaven then he has doomed a large portion of humanity simply by giving us rational minds. That in itself is absurd.

People were afraid of epidemics 100 years ago.. and we didn't have population density in most of the US.

It's normal to be afraid. I didn't say afraid. I said PANICKED. Which is what most of us did, sadly.

If God insists that I believe in absurdities in order to see the kingdom of heaven then he has doomed a large portion of humanity simply by giving us rational minds. That in itself is absurd.

I guarantee you believe in many absurdities.

I guarantee you believe in many absurdities.
That very well may be but I am prepared to abandon faulty beliefs at a moment's notice. I have many times on the road from a child raised by racist holy rollers to where I am now. I can't see where God would hold a grudge against those directly harmed by religious hypocrites not wanting to participate in the fan club anymore. I saw religion at it's worst. Maybe it all worked out for you and no one tried to beat the fear of God into you or used your faith to molest you. Accept that religion just didn't work out for everyone.

That very well may be but I am prepared to abandon faulty beliefs at a moment's notice. I have many times on the road from a child raised by racist holy rollers to where I am now. I can't see where God would hold a grudge against those directly harmed by religious hypocrites not wanting to participate in the fan club anymore. I saw religion at it's worst. Maybe it all worked out for you and no one tried to beat the fear of God into you or used your faith to molest you. Accept that religion just didn't work out for everyone.

I'm not going to say you can't be racist and be a Christian, but I am going to say I don't know HOW you can do it. God is Creator. If He created it, it is good and beautiful. Being racist and Christian is deeply sinful. Those people who were, if they really are Christian, won't they be surprised to get to Heaven and discover it's full of all kinds of people with all shades of skin.

I won't.

I'm also deeply sorry you were mistreated by Christians. I completely understand how that turns people away from the faith.

Forum List

Back