WATCH: Prosecution Appears to Fall Apart as Rittenhouse ‘Victim’ Admits He Pulled Gun First

doesn’t the testimony that the guy pulled the gun on him first highlight that it might be justified?
No.
we don’t punish people for using self defense…we don’t expect people to stand there and let others threatened their lives
You're missing the point. Rittenhouse went out with his gun, looking for trouble. A not guilty verdit will legitimize extreme rightist to carry their guns on the streets and kill with impunity, then declare self defense.

If you're going to talk to a Canadian then you're going to have to understand that we don't permit wannabe gungoon killers to even take their guns to the streets to threaten others.

You can declare that we take the wrong approach all you like. We save lives with our approach to guns because we value all lives.

Rittenhouse is a chaos tourist.

Judge: Prosecutors can't show Rittenhouse link to Proud Boys
Sep 17, 2021 · Rittenhouse faces multiple charges in the August 2020 shootings in Kenosha. (Sean Krajacic/The Kenosha News via AP) MADISON, Wis. (AP) — A judge ruled Friday that prosecutors can’t argue that a man who shot three people during a protest against police brutality in Wisconsin is affiliated with the Proud Boys or that he attacked a woman months before the shootings, bolstering his position

(snip)

Binger also asked the judge to allow evidence that Rittenhouse attacked a woman in June 2020 as she was fighting his sister. He also wants to show jurors video from 15 days before the shootings in which Rittenhouse said he would like to shoot some men he thought were shoplifting from a pharmacy.

Binger said Rittenhouse’s affiliation with the Proud Boys, the fight and the video show Rittenhouse’s propensity toward violence. He described Rittenhouse as a “chaos tourist” and “teenage vigilante” who came to Kenosha looking for trouble.
The judge rightly shut down all "guilt-by-association" suggestions the prosecutor was attempting to make. It's irrelevant. Proud Boys are not on trial. Neither is any "militia" they attempt to sort of claim is responsible.

No.

You're missing the point. Rittenhouse went out with his gun, looking for trouble. A not guilty verdit will legitimize extreme rightist to carry their guns on the streets and kill with impunity, then declare self defense.

If you're going to talk to a Canadian then you're going to have to understand that we don't permit wannabe gungoon killers to even take their guns to the streets to threaten others.

You can declare that we take the wrong approach all you like. We save lives with our approach to guns because we value all lives.
why it?

so what was this guy doing with a gun and was he not looking for trouble when he pointed it at the kid?

i think if there is clear evidence of self defense and we convict we are doing what you claim a NG would do

we are justifying this group of rioters and looters behavior and allowing them to get guns and threatened people’s lives with no recourse

why it?

so what was this guy doing with a gun and was he not looking for trouble when he pointed it at the kid?

i think if there is clear evidence of self defense and we convict we are doing what you claim a NG would do

we are justifying this group of rioters and looters behavior and allowing them to get guns and threatened people’s lives with no recourse

Rittenhouse had already killed one man.

He'll kill again.. He's gotten a lot of positive feedback.

why it?

Yes, he was likely looking for trouble too. But you have to understand where I'm coming from with my argument. It's not for Americans because America has made it's choice.
Very, very rarely a similar situation can develop in Canada because we have laws that nip the problem in the bud. By now you will be aware of what I'm talking about.

My point remains, a not guilty verdict will almost certainly energize and legitimize extreme rightists with guns and the death toll by gun in America will increase dramatically.

And if he does so without justification, he should be convicted of murder.

But, you seem to want this kid to hang because this "positive feedback" rather than actual guilt.

It scares you that we can defend ourselves against your communist revolution. Imagine what people with training can do to your commie horde.

That's what this is REALLY about, isn't it?

the evidence seems to be showing us that it was self defense.

Maybe he will, if a mob of armed brown shirts who have already assaulted, looted and fire bombed communities chases him down

Lord knows the dembot brownshirts got a lot of positive feed back…that’s likely why they felt they could do this to him

but we will see how the rest of the trial goes…so far the Govts own case seems to be working against them

Grosskreutz could not have drawn his gun "first" because Rittenhouse already had his gun out, obviously. Grosskreutz already knew that Rittenhouse was dangerous and had already shot someone. The right-wingers always maintain that carrying a gun in public is necessary to protect self and others. You can't ignore the videos of Rittenhouse stalking the streets with his gun before the shooting started. These efforts to turn him into some sort of hero are absurd. It was obvious that he was up to no good. You can't hide a gun the size of the one he was carrying. Would the right-wingers defend Rittenhouse with such fervor if Rittenhouse was black and doing what exactly what he did? I seriously doubt it.
He was also carrying a fire extinguisher and putting out fires that protesters had lit. Is that the kind of "no good" behavior you're referring to, Lysistrata? Did any of the protesters have fire extinguishers? Or were they just carrying weapons? Hmmmm...wonder who it was that was REALLY up to no good! (eye roll)

And if he does so without justification, he should be convicted of murder.

But, you seem to want this kid to hang because this "positive feedback" rather than actual guilt.

It scares you that we can defend ourselves against your communist revolution. Imagine what people with training can do to your commie horde.

That's what this is REALLY about, isn't it?

I never said he should get the death penalty... just 20 years.

Yes, he was likely looking for trouble too. But you have to understand where I'm coming from with my argument. It's not for Americans because America has made it's choice.
Very, very rarely a similar situation can develop in Canada because we have laws that nip the problem in the bud. By now you will be aware of what I'm talking about.
Canada is wrong on all of that.
My point remains, a not guilty verdict will almost certainly energize and legitimize extreme rightists with guns and the death toll by gun in America will increase dramatically.
So, you want him convicted for that reason alone?

We know. That's what we have been saying.

That's the point Surada. But not so much for Rittenhouse maybe because the publicity has likely put a hold on the preferred lifestyle of violence has had chosen.
However, if the killing becomes wholesale slaughter, which is indeed possible, even Rittenhouse could be energized enought to join in!

The right and extreme right in america don't understand what they're hoping for!

1) we have laws against people looting, rioting and chasing people down with guns and threatening their lives too…sadly the laws didn’t prevent the bad guys to chance this kid down and luckily he was able to protect himself

2) maybe it will…but the law allows for self defense and if that’s the case he should be found NG. We don’t just convict people because of fears of what others might do. We follow the rule of law

1) we have laws against people looting, rioting and chasing people down with guns and threatening their lives too…sadly the laws didn’t prevent the bad guys to chance this kid down and luckily he was able to protect himself

2) maybe it will…but the law allows for self defense and if that’s the case he should be found NG. We don’t just convict people because of fears of what others might do. We follow the rule of law
America has chosen the wrong choices concerning guns. The statistics prove the point, even though death by gun seems to be acceptable to most.

That's the point Surada. But not so much for Rittenhouse maybe because the publicity has likely put a hold on the preferred lifestyle of violence has had chosen.
However, if the killing becomes wholesale slaughter, which is indeed possible, even Rittenhouse could be energized enought to join in!

The right and extreme right in america don't understand what they're hoping for!
So, forget guilty or not guilty. Rittenhouse must fry to stop the rest of us from defending ourselves against your commie horde?

Exactly. This entire thing is political. Thank you for admitting it.

Forum List

Back