Was Waterboarding Worth It?

Was Waterboarding Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 68 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 22.7%

• Total voters
It's not torture.

It IS torture brother, anyone who's been water boarded will tell you that.

I was waterboarded at S.E.R.E. It's not torture.

Definition of TORTURE
a : anguish of body or mind : agony b : something that causes agony or pain
: the infliction of intense pain (as from burning, crushing, or wounding) to punish, coerce, or afford sadistic pleasure
: distortion or overrefinement of a meaning or an argument : straining
See torture defined for English-language learners »
See torture defined for kids »

CLEARLY waterboarding causes anguish and pain. You're a liar if you claim you were waterboarded and it didn't freak you the fuck out and you didn't think you were going to drowned.

There is no use to deny it's torture. It is torture, and I say who gives a fuck. It causes no damage that lasts beyond the end of waterboarding, so they can just suck it. But it IS torture.

Yeah, lets sink to their level...

Fucking idiot...
We haven't sunk to their level

We haven't sawn off any heads, nor have we tortured. We haven't brutally murdered them, burned them, dragged their descrated bodies through streets, and then hung them from a bridge...........We waterboarded.

No we haven't and no we won't. They slaughtered 3,000 innocents and we caught the ring leader. And? We buried him accordance with islamic code, rather than parading around his sawed-off head on a stick (even though that's what went through many minds).

I hope they put a chain around his head, tied the other end to a chunk of cement and dropped him out of a helicopter into the water.

Nice moving of the goalposts. First you dared me (well anyone) and now you won't accept it without proof. What proof would you accept?

Yeah, because I definitely believe some wacko on the internet saying "lol i was waterboarded it wasnt bad". I didn't move the goalposts. Maybe if you payed more attention, it would make sense.

You made the dare. I informed you that I had already done it. Now you want proof and won't even tell me what proof you will accept.

Looks like you lost this round.

What kind of proof do you THINK I want, dumbass? Videos would be nice... or pics. Do you really think I would just accept your word for it?

Let's assume for a moment that information gleaned during enhanced interrogation techniques of Al Qaeda members at Gitmo led to the killing of OBL. Was it worth it?

Years of intelligence gathering, including details gleaned from controversial interrogations of Al Qaeda members during the Bush administration, ultimately led the Navy SEALs who killed Usama bin Laden to his compound in Pakistan.

Read more: Bush-Era Interrogations Provided Key Details on Bin Laden's Location - FoxNews.com

Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld tells Newsmax the information that led to the killing of Osama bin Laden was obtained through “normal interrogation approaches” and says the notion that terrorist suspects were waterboarded at Guantanamo Bay is a “myth.”
Rumsfeld Exclusive: There Was No Waterboarding of Courier Source

If Rumsfeld ain't on board, I seriously doubt that intel leading to Osama's death came from Waterboarding.

According to rw kooks.

1. We are not at war with Pakistan.

2. HC is an ignorable concept that is not the foundation of freedom.

Yeah, because I definitely believe some wacko on the internet saying "lol i was waterboarded it wasnt bad". I didn't move the goalposts. Maybe if you payed more attention, it would make sense.

You made the dare. I informed you that I had already done it. Now you want proof and won't even tell me what proof you will accept.

What kind of proof do you THINK I want, dumbass? Videos would be nice... or pics. Do you really think I would just accept your word for it?
LMAO!.......You're in full meltdown mode, lil' man.

Something tells me you won't last too long on this board.

It IS torture brother, anyone who's been water boarded will tell you that.

I was waterboarded at S.E.R.E. It's not torture.

Definition of TORTURE
a : anguish of body or mind : agony b : something that causes agony or pain
: the infliction of intense pain (as from burning, crushing, or wounding) to punish, coerce, or afford sadistic pleasure
: distortion or overrefinement of a meaning or an argument : straining
See torture defined for English-language learners »
See torture defined for kids »

CLEARLY waterboarding causes anguish and pain. You're a liar if you claim you were waterboarded and it didn't freak you the fuck out and you didn't think you were going to drowned.

There is no use to deny it's torture. It is torture, and I say who gives a fuck. It causes no damage that lasts beyond the end of waterboarding, so they can just suck it. But it IS torture.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. My premise is based on all the other things that are clearly not torture that one experiences. Hell, just being captured causes anguish of body and mind. Those handcuffs hurt! I experienced some definite anguish getting surrounded while I was in my hole.

Of the week I spent in Maine (and another course in California, not officially "SERE" but it had all the same elements) the waterboarding was not one of the worst experiences. But it did freak me out and put me off balance. I completely messed up my cover story and got caught in a lie.

That was some good training.

Let's assume for a moment that information gleaned during enhanced interrogation techniques of Al Qaeda members at Gitmo led to the killing of OBL. Was it worth it?

Years of intelligence gathering, including details gleaned from controversial interrogations of Al Qaeda members during the Bush administration, ultimately led the Navy SEALs who killed Usama bin Laden to his compound in Pakistan.

Read more: Bush-Era Interrogations Provided Key Details on Bin Laden's Location - FoxNews.com

Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld tells Newsmax the information that led to the killing of Osama bin Laden was obtained through “normal interrogation approaches” and says the notion that terrorist suspects were waterboarded at Guantanamo Bay is a “myth.”
Rumsfeld Exclusive: There Was No Waterboarding of Courier Source

If Rumsfeld ain't on board, I seriously doubt that intel leading to Osama's death came from Waterboarding.

For 6 years all we heard was bush and rumsfeld lied and now you want to believe him espcially after all the hated comment and threats of being brought to justice for using water boarding? Dude you can't be for real.

According to rw kooks.

1. We are not at war with Pakistan.

2. HC is an ignorable concept that is not the foundation of freedom.

First let's correct something you have wrong. Habeus corpus is the method of being released from illegal detention and has NOTHING to do with torture.

The Eight Amendment protects against cruel and unusual punishment.

So now that we have established that you don't even understand that, should we just write you off as a kook who just wants something to bitch about?

People need to be tried for the crimes that they admitted.

Why is this concept so difficult for some Americans?

Sorry, I didn't have a video camera handy at SERE.

Forum List

Back