Was Waterboarding Worth It?

Was Waterboarding Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 68 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 22.7%

• Total voters
Repukes believe in arbitrarily state imprisonment.

These fucking assholes hate the concept of freedom, yet they neg me for supporting freedom.

Go fuck yourselves.

Last edited:
LOL, what EVER you do, don't TORTURE THEM.

Just do like the Obama does and give his AOK to blow their eyeballs out of their heads.

I swear, some people friggen crack me up.:lol::cuckoo:

These fucking assholes hate the concept of freedom, yet they neg me for supporting freedom.

Go fuck yourselves.

So now only do you advocate not waterboarding terrorists, you advocate not imprisoning them either?

You're a fool.

No it isn't...........It's a very uncomfortable feeling. I experienced no pain....If it's done improperly, then yes, I could see where it may hurt.

Are you seriously telling me that you didn't think you were going to drown?
At times yes, it was a very uncomfortable feeling. But there was no physical pain....I didn't consider it torture.

Christ man, I felt far more pain during RIP, than I felt at anytime in S.E.R.E.S.

No shit. The 7 mile run back to the barracks after the beach workout hurt. Hell, my knees hurt more after a bad landing at Benning (pussy moment for me, it wasn't even a jump it was off the "mighty ungawa") than any pain I experienced being waterboarded or when I actually drowned in RIP (the Marine kind, not the Ranger kind).

It IS torture brother, anyone who's been water boarded will tell you that.

I was waterboarded at S.E.R.E. It's not torture.

At S.E.R.E. did you know for a fact you were not going to die?

No.

With all due repect, being waterboarded in school (training), you know you will not die.

I didn't. Did you?

It is an invonvience for a short amount of time.

In your opinion. I disagree.

Being waterboarded by your "enemy" at their control is way way way different.

You seem to misunderstand the tactic.

Oh and I went to S.E.R.E school as well, but we called it SCIR. :) (If you were/are an airdale, you will get it..) :)

I didn't feel anything but fear when they were rooting us out of our hiding places in the woods. The thought that it was all training did not even cross my mind. They were looking for me and I didn't want to get captured.

What is worse to water board a non U.S. Citizen who has vital highly reliable information of an attack on a civilian highly populated area.
Or allowing the attack to take place while you're trying to sweet talk the information out of them and allow those civilians to die a very torturous painful death?

We know that is what the enemy says before they torture our boys.

THIS IS WHAT MAKES US BETTER THAN THEM.

(We have specialized training for interrogation...this is where West fucked up and he paid for it dearly. He lost his command.)

Oh and guys in here who wanted to do things to bin laden's body....didnt you all call them savages when they dragged our boys around town behind trucks after they killed them?

WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT.

Get it? A fucking ranger who got caught with drugs in his barracks room? Damn....what is going on.

Wait for it.......wait for it..... why do you hate innocent people ?

Go fuck yourselves.

So now only do you advocate not waterboarding terrorists, you advocate not imprisoning them either?

You're a fool.

I advocate trying people. However, this concept is lost on you.

Sir much like habeus corpus has nothing to do with torture, arbitrary imprisonment has nothing to do with trying people as concerns GITMO detainees. They are prisoners of war, they don't get a trial , they get to stay in a prison camp until the "war" is over. Oh, the war will probably never end you say ? Tough shit.

Again, you are a simpleton and understand nothing of either our Constitution nor the rules of War.

Are you seriously telling me that you didn't think you were going to drown?
At times yes, it was a very uncomfortable feeling. But there was no physical pain....I didn't consider it torture.

Christ man, I felt far more pain during RIP, than I felt at anytime in S.E.R.E.S.

Of course you did man. I faced more pain everyday during Basic than I did when I was waterboarded, but at NO point during boot did I think I might die. When I was waterboarded, I truly thought I was going to drown, the little speech they gave assuring me that I wouldn't right before the exercise meant nothing. So imagine if someone hadn't told me I wouldn't drown.

Waterboarding is explicitly designed to terrorize a subject into thinking that they might die if they don't either cough up information or die.

That is torture brother.

I disagree. I never got the speech either. They just pulled me out of my 3x3x5, strapped me to a board, put a rag on my face and started the interrogation. I didn't "feel" like I was going to drown (I had already drowned) but I definitely was freaked out. The burning in my nose felt familiar but other than that it was all a physical reaction that knocked me out of my thought process.

You're a fool.

Sir much like habeus corpus has nothing to do with torture, arbitrary imprisonment has nothing to do with trying people as concerns GITMO detainees. They are prisoners of war, they don't get a trial , they get to stay in a prison camp until the "war" is over. Oh, the war will probably never end you say ? Tough shit.

Again, you are a simpleton and understand nothing of either our Constitution nor the rules of War.

I am an American, you are not.

I believe that people should be tried for their crimes, you do not;.

Considering torture is illegal and any evidence obtained accordingly might be thrown out, the answer is of course no.
Sir, the COTUS no more applies to foreigners than their constitutions apply to us. Good grief.

But Habaes Corpus is covered in the U.S. Constitution and only applies to U.S. Citizens

Um… wrong. See citation below.
You have provided no coherent and logical reasoning as to why Habeas Corpus would apply to a foreign combatant who committed an act of war against the U.S.

Here:

2. Petitioners have the constitutional privilege of habeas corpus. They are not barred from seeking the writ or invoking the Suspension Clause’s protections because they have been designated as enemy combatants or because of their presence at Guantanamo. Pp. 8–41.

Boumediene v. Bush, 2008

BOUMEDIENE v. BUSH
You keep bring the subject of Habaes Corpus up. NON U.S. Citizens are not protected by Habaes Corpus

Because the stupid liberal is right.

I am an American, you are not.

I have fought for the flag that allows you the privelege of spewing your stupidity on a message board, so don't even attempt to pull that "I'm an American you are not " bullshit. You're an idiot is what you are.

Once again, prisoners of war are NOT held for any crimes they may have committed, they are held so that they may not enjoin in battle later on. Would you prefer that they A) Are released so that they could rejoin the fight against us or B) were killed? No of course you wouldn't. Would you?

you know what's really driving the news this week is the elephant in the room, which continues to be the birth certificate.

Considering torture is illegal and any evidence obtained accordingly might be thrown out, the answer is of course no.
Sir, the COTUS no more applies to foreigners than their constitutions apply to us. Good grief.

But Habaes Corpus is covered in the U.S. Constitution and only applies to U.S. Citizens

Um… wrong. See citation below.

Here:

2. Petitioners have the constitutional privilege of habeas corpus. They are not barred from seeking the writ or invoking the Suspension Clause’s protections because they have been designated as enemy combatants or because of their presence at Guantanamo. Pp. 8–41.

Boumediene v. Bush, 2008

BOUMEDIENE v. BUSH
You keep bring the subject of Habaes Corpus up. NON U.S. Citizens are not protected by Habaes Corpus

Because the stupid liberal is right.

Read your own link. The suit had NOTHING to do with torture nor interrogation.

The 8th AMendment is what protects us against cruel and unusual punishment. Habeus Corpus is a legal maneuver to get a prisoner released from an illegal imprisonment, nothing more.

The stupid liberal was wrong.

g276258000000000000ebb2873c53edcdf7e3d2462fff6d1aa8ca7321d2-2.jpg

I was waterboarded at S.E.R.E. It's not torture.

At S.E.R.E. did you know for a fact you were not going to die?

No.

I didn't. Did you?

In your opinion. I disagree.

Being waterboarded by your "enemy" at their control is way way way different.

You seem to misunderstand the tactic.

Oh and I went to S.E.R.E school as well, but we called it SCIR. :) (If you were/are an airdale, you will get it..) :)

I didn't feel anything but fear when they were rooting us out of our hiding places in the woods. The thought that it was all training did not even cross my mind. They were looking for me and I didn't want to get captured.

I have much respect for s.e.r.e graduates. Hell, three kids that worked for me went through it and they were all fine. I talked to them about it and one thought it was the most fun he ever had, one said the training was fantastic but because of the length of the class, he was not sure it would help him further down the road and the third just said it was tough. That's all he said.

I guess everyone takes that course and comes out with different results. Its a personal thing I suppose.

I suppose it has various results much more so that seal training. (and yes, I know they have nothing to do with with each other. Seal training is much longer but has a ridiculous drop out/failure rate). Oh and since you dont know what scir is, I have to assume you are not an airdale. :( I love to reminisce. Oh well, at least biker sailor was from my side of the navy. ) :lol: Anyway, nice to meet a fellow squid.

Last edited:
Last edited:

am an American, you are not.

You are right. People shouldn't be charged for their violent acts humanity.

Do you such the cocks of our Bankers?

Forum List

Back