Was Trump 'obligated' to pursue corruption in Ukraine?

More of the same: Liberals desperately clutching at whatever they can to prove that Hillary should have been the President. You'd have thought they would have given up after the Mueller fiasco, but they keep trying, and trying, and trying, and trying...

Enough of this bullshit. I'm out of this thread.
Don't let the door hit your ass as you run terrified out of the room.

If you really think you can read my feelings, you're giving yourself far more credit than you deserve. It's not apprehension I'm feeling, it's more like indifference to whatever point you're trying to make.

Trump claimed that he was obligated by the Constitution to talk to Ukraine about the Biden's and their supposed corruption.
"If you look and you read our Constitution and many other things, I have an obligation to look at corruption."
Is that true?

Where in the Constitution does it say that the President of the United States must 'look at corruption' in a foreign country?
It is at the president's pleasure-also to help find out who started the fake Russia Hoax.
So in the Constitution as Trump claimed- or not in the Constitution?
I don't know-but he can still do it if he wants

Trump claimed that he was obligated by the Constitution to talk to Ukraine about the Biden's and their supposed corruption.
"If you look and you read our Constitution and many other things, I have an obligation to look at corruption."
Is that true?

Where in the Constitution does it say that the President of the United States must 'look at corruption' in a foreign country?
I think he does, but Hunter hasn't been in the Ukraine for years. I'm not defending what he did when his father was VP, but it happened. But Trump and the DoS does need to push Ukraine to a more transparent investment market. Unfortunately, his firing of the Ambassador to Ukraine was just the opposite. He wanted to make Ukraine further he political career for military aid, and that is corrupt.
Who Biden? Trump did not hold up aid it went thru-this is a big nothing!
At the time of the phone call that aid was being held up...and no one in this country could figure out why.

Now we know why
Why-and no guessing-unlike Adam Schiff, you need evidence.

Given the obsessive compulsion of Democrats to uncover such corruption, they should be celebrating President Trump's interest in doing just what they have claimed to want done for the past 3-4 years.

Well President Trump is not exactly leading a charge against corruption- is he?

The only 'corruption' he claims to be pursuing is when the said 'corruption' can be mentioned in the same sentence as "Biden"

Isn't it quite a coincidence that this is the only 'corruption' that Trump has ever asked foreign countries to investigate?

People like you are simply stupefying.
Your control bots hid the 500+ words between biden and look into.
The corruption was about an election that he had already won.

Please share with the class the 'corruption' that Trump has pursued with foreign countries that does not involve the name 'Biden'.

It's in the phone call transcript you fucking moron.

Trump the birther thought the DNC server is in the Ukraine! BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

And where did the credulous birther moron get that idea?

From two pay-for-play crooks.

Priceless.

Searching for corruption, my ass. Trump was trying to exonerate the love of his life, Putin, and by extension, himself. Trump refuses to accept he is in office because of the leg up he got from Putin. So he stupidly falls for any hoax which says otherwise.

What a maroon!
Maybe from the original birther, Hillary.
Let's go ahead and stipulate that Hillary was the first birther. She wasn't, but let's pretend she was.

So you are telling me Donald Trump licked up Hillary's piss and ran with it.

And this makes the dumb idiot look better...how?

I know you are clueless so, the original birther was Mark Penn who worked for the Hillary campaign.
So...not Hillary. As I said.

Trump drank a Hillary's staffer's piss and ran with it.

This makes the dumb idiot look better...how?

And of course Mark Penn being the original Birther is incorrect also- but I do love how the Birthers seem to love the idea that they were all just mindless lackies of Hillary Clinton.

Yes he was.

Any country that gets US money, the President is obligated to pursue any form of corruption in that country and to withhold funds if necessary.

Okay I think we are getting somewhere- you Trumpkins appear to all agree on this.

Not that its actually in the Constitution but that the President has that obligation to pursue any form of corruption in that country that gets U.S. aid- right?

We have a treaty to do that you fucking moron.

Is that true?

Was Biden obligated to demand for the removal
of another country's AG, else no money

Shit, why then, huh.
We had already been giving them
hundreds of millions of dollars,
why the problem with corruption suddenly.

As a matter of fact, why did financial aid for Ukraine
more than double In 2015 to $350 million dollars
from the $148 million dollars in 2014?
And then more than double again in 2016
to $667 million dollars...$300 million more than 2015
the last 2 years Biden and Kerry were in office?

2015 & 2016 were the ONLY times
Ukraine received MORE THAN $200 million from us
Hmmmm

Further still, were the 3 senators obligated
to help Mueller with his investigation?

Biden wasn't obligated to demand the removal of the Ukrainian prosecutor- but he did so as part of U.S. policy, backed by both Republicans and Democrats in Congress, along with our European allies.

This was done in the interest the U.S. had in actually fighting the actual corruption in Ukraine.

Notice how Biden didn't just demand that Ukraine investigate Trump's campaign chair- but was taking action on all corruption.

Nope that's false.

Is that true?

I think he does, but Hunter hasn't been in the Ukraine for years. I'm not defending what he did when his father was VP, but it happened. But Trump and the DoS does need to push Ukraine to a more transparent investment market. Unfortunately, his firing of the Ambassador to Ukraine was just the opposite. He wanted to make Ukraine further he political career for military aid, and that is corrupt.
Who Biden? Trump did not hold up aid it went thru-this is a big nothing!
The aid BIden referred to was released as soon as the Ukrainians complied with his demands. Quid pro quo.

Is that true?

Perhaps you would have preferred he drew a red line?
th

Is that true?

Shit, why then, huh.

Hmmmm

Obligated? No, Biden wasn't obligated. It was merely a bluff to get Poroshenko to finally pull the trigger on kicking out Shokin after saying he would fire some time as part of Ukraine's effort to clean up corruption; as supported by several nations and international bodies.

I swear to Allah you all couldn't be anymore stupid than you are.
Shokin was the man cleaning up the corruption,
That's why the full court press against him
Sort of resembling the attempted coup against President Trump.

Given the obsessive compulsion of Democrats to uncover such corruption, they should be celebrating President Trump's interest in doing just what they have claimed to want done for the past 3-4 years.

The only 'corruption' he claims to be pursuing is when the said 'corruption' can be mentioned in the same sentence as "Biden"

Isn't it quite a coincidence that this is the only 'corruption' that Trump has ever asked foreign countries to investigate?

Please share with the class the 'corruption' that Trump has pursued with foreign countries that does not involve the name 'Biden'.

Here's the transcript ....

Trump administration releases details of call with Ukrainian President Zelensky amid impeachment inquiry

... feel free to quote what corruption Trump speaks of other than Biden and the DNC server.....

Trump administration releases details of call with Ukrainian President Zelensky amid impeachment inquiry

... feel free to quote what corruption Trump speaks of other than Biden and the DNC server.....

Sure, but first remind me what the server in question has to do with Biden.

Is that true?

Perhaps you would have preferred he drew a red line?
th
LOLOL

Is that the red line in Syria?

erase.jpg

Sure, but first remind me what the server in question has to do with Biden.
Nothing Now that I answered that, your turn .... quote what corruption Trump speaks of other than Biden and the DNC server.....

Is that true?

Shit, why then, huh.

Hmmmm

Obligated? No, Biden wasn't obligated. It was merely a bluff to get Poroshenko to finally pull the trigger on kicking out Shokin after saying he would fire some time as part of Ukraine's effort to clean up corruption; as supported by several nations and international bodies.

I swear to Allah you all couldn't be anymore stupid than you are.
Shokin was the man cleaning up the corruption,
That's why the full court press against him
Sort of resembling the attempted coup against President Trump.
Liar. Shokin was not investigating Burisma when he was kicked to the curb...

The story behind Biden's son, Ukraine and Trump's claims

Ukraine’s current prosecutor, Yuriy Lutsenko, was quoted by Bloomberg News in May as saying he had no evidence of wrongdoing by Biden or his son. Bloomberg also reported that the investigation into Burisma was dormant at the time Biden pressed for Shokhin’s ouster.

Well, he's the chief law enforcement officer of the land, and he had clear evidence of apparent corruption by Biden and his son.

Trump is not the chief law enforcement of the US. The AG is supposed to be that. Trump has not one bit of evidence of any corruption. Trump is the most corrupt President we have ever had.

Any country that gets US money, the President is obligated to pursue any form of corruption in that country and to withhold funds if necessary.

Okay I think we are getting somewhere- you Trumpkins appear to all agree on this.

Not that its actually in the Constitution but that the President has that obligation to pursue any form of corruption in that country that gets U.S. aid- right?

We have a treaty to do that you fucking moron.

A treaty does not give a President a right to open a investigation of a political rival. Let Barr open the investigation if he has any evidence.

Anything in the Constitution that requires him to keep quiet about possible crime?

No but Trump has certainly been very good about keeping quiet about possible crime- unless he can use the name "Biden" in the same sentence.

Note again- no such effort when it came to Manafort. No such effort in general- go back and read the transcript again - Trump never addresses corruption - he only asks for the Biden's to be investigated- along with the mythical DNC server.

Where have you been? I think maybe he's mentioned the Clinton crime family a time or two and that the American People elected him in the first place largely to fight corruption. Not excluding Biden's.

If the Dems were so hot to root out and eliminate corruption, why the single-minded focus on one individual. There is plenty of corruption on both sides to investigate and eliminate. Truth is, they don't care about corruption, most of the them are up to their necks in bullshit. They are on a witch hunt to try to unseat a duly elected president of the USA because he defeated their anointed successor to Obama's throne.

LOL
The Democrats did indeed focus on one individual when it came to corruption- the Ukrainian prosecutor who wasn't pursuing corruption in Ukraine.

The truth is that Donald Trump doesn't care about ending corruption- he wallows in corruption.

Which is why Trump only call for combatting corruption is a call to Ukraine and the Commie Chinese to investigate Biden.

That is how corrupt Trump is.

Forum List

Back