Was Trump 'obligated' to pursue corruption in Ukraine?

Trump claimed that he was obligated by the Constitution to talk to Ukraine about the Biden's and their supposed corruption.
"If you look and you read our Constitution and many other things, I have an obligation to look at corruption."
Is that true?

Where in the Constitution does it say that the President of the United States must 'look at corruption' in a foreign country?
Ummm our fucking tax money mandates him to
Ah, ya mean like our tax money mandates the Congress throws out corrupt Trump.

Trump claimed that he was obligated by the Constitution to talk to Ukraine about the Biden's and their supposed corruption.
"If you look and you read our Constitution and many other things, I have an obligation to look at corruption."
Is that true?

Where in the Constitution does it say that the President of the United States must 'look at corruption' in a foreign country?
It is at the president's pleasure-also to help find out who started the fake Russia Hoax.

Yes, Biden is simply collateral damage.
They are looking into the corruption from 2016.
These morons keep being told that
They are too stupid to get it.
Why? Even if that were actual corruption, and it's not, it's over and do evwith. How does stopping non-corruption help stop actual ongoing corruption?

Is that true?

Cool
Storyb

Is that true?

Cool
Storyb
True story, comrade.

Is that true?

I think he does, but Hunter hasn't been in the Ukraine for years. I'm not defending what he did when his father was VP, but it happened. But Trump and the DoS does need to push Ukraine to a more transparent investment market. Unfortunately, his firing of the Ambassador to Ukraine was just the opposite. He wanted to make Ukraine further he political career for military aid, and that is corrupt.
Who Biden? Trump did not hold up aid it went thru-this is a big nothing!
At the time of the phone call that aid was being held up...and no one in this country could figure out why.

Now we know why

Is that true?

Cool
Storyb
True story, comrade.
I bet

So to all of you who happily agreed with Trump that he was obligated by (the Constitution or whatever) to ask Ukraine to investigate the corruption by Americans in Ukraine I have one name for you:

Paul Manafort.

Why didn't Trump ever ask the Ukrainian government to investigate Manafort? Why didn't Trump ever ask the Ukrainian government for assistance in prosecuting Manafort in the U.S.?

You remember Manafort right? Convicted for receiving unreported black book payments from Ukraine?

Prosecutor in Trump-Ukraine scandal refused to cooperate with US Congress

In May 2018, the New York Times broke a significant story about Ukraine that did not receive great attention at the time: The nation’s chief prosecutor had halted cooperation with special counsel Robert Mueller’s Trump-Russia investigation and had essentially shut down four Ukrainian criminal inquiries related to Mueller’s work.

In another move seeming to hinder Mr. Mueller’s investigation, Ukrainian law enforcement allowed a potential witness to possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia to leave for Russia, putting him out of reach for questioning.

The special counsel’s office has identified the man, Konstantin V. Kilimnik, Mr. Manafort’s former office manager in Kiev, as tied to a Russian intelligence agency. Mr. Kilimnik was also under investigation in Ukraine over espionage, but no charges were filed before he left the country, sometime after June.

By the Way, Trump’s Favorite Ukrainian Prosecutor Helped a Key Witness Flee the Mueller Investigation

Why didn't Trump push Ukraine about Paul Manafort or having Ukraine assist the Mueller investigation?

Well neither had anything to do with the name 'Biden'

Now if Trump did have an obligation to push Ukraine- as he did with Biden- then clearly Trump failed in that obligation when it came to Manafort and the Mueller investigation.

Is that true?

How funny is it to hear our most corrupt president in over a century say he has an obligation to look at corruption. :lol:

And then he and Rudy the Hand Grenade hire two criminals to find it. BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

I've had enough of your butthurt ignorance. Bye.
Run away, run away!

Is that true?

Cool
Storyb
True story, comrade.
I bet
Sorry, I don't take bets with trolls like you who bet with rubles.

Is that true?

Was Biden obligated to demand for the removal
of another country's AG, else no money

Shit, why then, huh.
We had already been giving them
hundreds of millions of dollars,
why the problem with corruption suddenly.

As a matter of fact, why did financial aid for Ukraine
more than double In 2015 to $350 million dollars
from the $148 million dollars in 2014?
And then more than double again in 2016
to $667 million dollars...$300 million more than 2015
the last 2 years Biden and Kerry were in office?

2015 & 2016 were the ONLY times
Ukraine received MORE THAN $200 million from us
Hmmmm

Further still, were the 3 senators obligated
to help Mueller with his investigation?

Anything in the Constitution that requires him to keep quiet about possible crime?

Is that true?

Shit, why then, huh.

Hmmmm

Biden wasn't obligated to demand the removal of the Ukrainian prosecutor- but he did so as part of U.S. policy, backed by both Republicans and Democrats in Congress, along with our European allies.

This was done in the interest the U.S. had in actually fighting the actual corruption in Ukraine.

Notice how Biden didn't just demand that Ukraine investigate Trump's campaign chair- but was taking action on all corruption.

Anything in the Constitution that requires him to keep quiet about possible crime?

No but Trump has certainly been very good about keeping quiet about possible crime- unless he can use the name "Biden" in the same sentence.

Note again- no such effort when it came to Manafort. No such effort in general- go back and read the transcript again - Trump never addresses corruption - he only asks for the Biden's to be investigated- along with the mythical DNC server.

Is that true?

Shit, why then, huh.

Hmmmm

Obligated? No, Biden wasn't obligated. It was merely a bluff to get Poroshenko to finally pull the trigger on kicking out Shokin after saying he would fire some time as part of Ukraine's effort to clean up corruption; as supported by several nations and international bodies.

Given the obsessive compulsion of Democrats to uncover such corruption, they should be celebrating President Trump's interest in doing just what they have claimed to want done for the past 3-4 years.

Well President Trump is not exactly leading a charge against corruption- is he?

The only 'corruption' he claims to be pursuing is when the said 'corruption' can be mentioned in the same sentence as "Biden"

Isn't it quite a coincidence that this is the only 'corruption' that Trump has ever asked foreign countries to investigate?
If the Dems were so hot to root out and eliminate corruption, why the single-minded focus on one individual. There is plenty of corruption on both sides to investigate and eliminate. Truth is, they don't care about corruption, most of the them are up to their necks in bullshit. They are on a witch hunt to try to unseat a duly elected president of the USA because he defeated their anointed successor to Obama's throne.

Is that true?

How funny is it to hear our most corrupt president in over a century say he has an obligation to look at corruption. :lol:

And then he and Rudy the Hand Grenade hire two criminals to find it. BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

You really do like to run your mouth so run it some more and tell us just exactly how Trump is corrupt and what law he has broken. And were looking for specifics here so flapping your arms in the air just won't do.
My guess is your dog just won't hunt and you're nothing more than a loud mouthed asshole and bag of wind.
Patience. The articles of impeachment will list the laws he has broken. Don't worry.

BULLSHIT! They've got nothing and you're nothing but the bag of wind I said you were.

What's funny is you claiming him to be so corrupt, but not being able to point to a shred of evidence, while ignoring egregious corruption that is right in your face that is committed by the dems.

Feel free to provide the evidence of the corruption 'committed by the dems'.

Do you think Trump was obligated to ask a foreign country to look into corruption?

Uranium one. Bidens son taking in tens of millions from countries his dad was responsible for in the obummer admin.
Clinton foundation donations STOPPING the day after the shrilary lost the election.

All of this obvious if you're not a political whore.

I said evidence- not the mindless pratting of right wing conspiracy yokels.

Hells bells- Uranium one is particularly ironic since Trump has unilaterally given nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia.

That is evidence dumbshit. It's called prima facie evidence.

Look it up.

Its called the mindless pratting of right wing conspiracy yokels.

Hell by that standard of 'evidence' Trump is guilty of all sorts of crimes from sexual assault to obstruction of justice.

Only because you don't care if progressives do it. Hypocrites are a dime a dozen on the left, that's for sure

Is that true?

No where.

If he was looking at corruption in Ukraine why didn't he use the word corruption and talk about it in that phone call with the president of Ukraine?

Forum List

Back