Was Trump bringing the SEALs widow to his speech last night genuine?

I mean, he is going to do this every time a soldier falls? Or was he more important than other soldiers?
Im trying to figure this out. Just seems like political theater...

you really having trouble figuring that one out? I don't believe that
I actually appreciated some of the responses on that. But thanks for being a dick. At least you are consistent.

Presidents are pretty much damned if they do, damned if they don't Remember earlier in his Presidency when Obama was criticized for a photo op saluting military coffins? Do you think the people criticizing him were really outraged? Of course not.

Petulant former President Barack Hussein Obama was criticized because the trip was billed as being private and there would be no photo op. Then it turned into a photo op distressing some of the loved ones of the deceased. They were promised it would be private.

Makes you wonder why "the gropenfuherer" didn't say something to the affect, ..."he's a loser, he got shot, I like guys that don't get shot."

“He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

The remarks, which came after days of back-and-forth between McCain and Trump, were met with scattered boos.

"the gropenfuherer" is a pile of excrement.

Democrats/Progressives are in such disarray that they don't know which way to turn, so they just spew hate and vitriol...at nothing.

Progressive women dressed in white to protest...sufferage. Didn't women get the right to vote decades ago? Then President Donald Trump supported most of the issues they were supposedly protesting.

As for a rebuttal, they had to reach out to a retired 72-year-old governor who referred to himself as a PROUD REPUBLICAN. The destruction of Democrats around the country has been complete. Yet they continue to elect the same failed leaders. The aged, seventy-six-year-old Nancy Pelosi is a prime example. Supposedly the party of new ideas has none and don't want any.

As far as we Conservatives are concerned, if the Progressives/Democrats refuse to be a part of the solution, then just get out of the way. Your sour grapes and whining are really, really old after EIGHT-YEARS!

Makes you wonder why "the gropenfuherer" didn't say something to the affect, ..."he's a loser, he got shot, I like guys that don't get shot."

“He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

The remarks, which came after days of back-and-forth between McCain and Trump, were met with scattered boos.

Duct%20Tape_zpsb3cli3ah.jpg

You have some nerve, or you are a typical "frumpster" spewing the garbage you just did with this post.
Hate!.
WOW!>
Clean your own doorstep first.

Democrats/Progressives are in such disarray that they don't know which way to turn, so they just spew hate and vitriol...at nothing.

Progressive women dressed in white to protest...sufferage. Didn't women get the right to vote decades ago? Then President Donald Trump supported most of the issues they were supposedly protesting.

As for a rebuttal, they had to reach out to a retired 72-year-old governor who referred to himself as a PROUD REPUBLICAN. The destruction of Democrats around the country has been complete. Yet they continue to elect the same failed leaders. The aged, seventy-six-year-old Nancy Pelosi is a prime example. Supposedly the party of new ideas has none and don't want any.

As far as we Conservatives are concerned, if the Progressives/Democrats refuse to be a part of the solution, then just get out of the way. Your sour grapes and whining are really, really old after EIGHT-YEARS!

It sucks when you are slapped in the face with truth and not "the donalds" member, the one you have to take out of your mouth, sometimes.

Duct%20Tape_zpsb3cli3ah.jpg

I mean, he is going to do this every time a soldier falls? Or was he more important than other soldiers?

It's been a tradition since Reagan honoured a gentleman who kept diving into the Potomac to save airline passengers after their plane crashed.

And it's an awesome tradition to honor heros in front of the whole country.

Here it is.

"For this act, Skutnik was invited to attend the 1982 State of the Union address by U.S. President Ronald Reagan on January 26, 1982.

He was the first in what has become an annual tradition of notable people being invited to sit in the President's box at the State of the Union address. Skutnik sat next to First Lady Nancy Reagan. Reagan praised Skutnik as follows:

Just two weeks ago, in the midst of a terrible tragedy on the Potomac, we saw again the spirit of American heroism at its finest: the heroism of dedicated rescue workers saving crash victims from icy waters.

And, we saw the heroism of one of our young government employees, Lenny Skutnik, who, when he saw a woman lose her grip on the helicopter line, dived into the water and dragged her to safety."

Lenny Skutnik - Wikipedia

And here is the key.

"Skutnik received a standing ovation from the entire assembled audience.[5] Since then, others who are invited into the Presidential gallery and honored in the speech have been known among the Washington press corps as Lenny Skutniks.

The Presidential gallery is sometimes referred to as "The Heroes' Gallery".

It was a cynical and indecent exploitation of a war widow.

It was also a cravenly genius strategy to insulate the administration from criticism of the botched raid.

I agree that the decision to have her there has Steve Bannon written all over it.

Don't know your history do you?

We can always expect a certain amount of political theater. It's normal to invite those who support your stand on a given issue.

It was also theater for Dems to invite illegal aliens.

It was damage control for a failed raid ordered by an incompetent leader

You too? I thought you were smarter than the others. It's tradition.
I'll tell you what... I believe it's true that Trump genuinely feels bad for the widow. I believe he ordered the raid in his first week, which had been shelved for years because of the risk, in order to appear tough. I hope he feels bad that it didn't work out. And I hope that he was genuinely trying to honor our soldier who gave his life. But Trump's history of blatant lies, dismissal of the truth when he learns about it, and refusal to admit to any mistakes or missteps, leads me to think that this, like most of his moves, was political grandstanding. I doubt he'll pause to think about this widow the next time he gets the chance to send soldiers to risk their lives, and I still suspect boots on the ground in large numbers is going to be his eventual middle east strategy.

Oh it was genuine all right. Genuine PT Barnum.

Remember the whining from the RWNJs about President Obama not paying special attention to a cop's death? Or to a particular military death?

Obama could not do that and should not. Just as Agent Orange was WAY out of line last night and for several different reasons.

But he's a whore and cares only about his "ratings". And RWNJ traitors just don't care.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

lets face it, Trump didnt have any ground to lose with Trumpbots. He could have shit center stage and they would have given him a standing ovation.
LOL its always funny when you say shit like that. Its like you think you aren't a hack or something :lol:

But it's true.

He just got a man killed for no reason and then had the nerve to trot out his shattered widow and the RWNJs ate it up.

It was damage control for a failed raid ordered by an incompetent leader

You too? I thought you were smarter than the others. It's tradition.
I'll tell you what... I believe it's true that Trump genuinely feels bad for the widow. I believe he ordered the raid in his first week, which had been shelved for years because of the risk, in order to appear tough. I hope he feels bad that it didn't work out. And I hope that he was genuinely trying to honor our soldier who gave his life. But Trump's history of blatant lies, dismissal of the truth when he learns about it, and refusal to admit to any mistakes or missteps, leads me to think that this, like most of his moves, was political grandstanding. I doubt he'll pause to think about this widow the next time he gets the chance to send soldiers to risk their lives, and I still suspect boots on the ground in large numbers is going to be his eventual middle east strategy.

The mission had been planned out in December. The criteria for the mission was that it had to take place under cover of complete darkness; a moonless night.

And the first moonless night was on Trump's watch. The Pentagon came to Trump.

Two problems I have with it. The mission was compromised. There was a leak. But those in charge despite knowing that now AQ knew the Seals were coming didn't call it off but instead went forward.

AQ was cocked locked and ready to rock. I don't like being a Monday morning quarterback but I have to ask why knowing that AQ were fully prepared to take them on did they push the mission forward.

Some have said that it was because of two things. They got to whack some key AQ leaders bunked in Yemen and the information that they could gather.

But geeze louise I don't know if I would be prepared to risk it. But then I'm not military.

Oh it was genuine all right. Genuine PT Barnum.

Remember the whining from the RWNJs about President Obama not paying special attention to a cop's death? Or to a particular military death?

Obama could not do that and should not. Just as Agent Orange was WAY out of line last night and for several different reasons.

But he's a whore and cares only about his "ratings". And RWNJ traitors just don't care.

Bloody fool. Ir's a tradition to honor heros at the Joint address. The gallery is actually called the Heros Gallery.

Been done since 1982 when Reagan honored a man who risked his life to save plane crash survivors.

This was the first soldier to fall under his administration. It showed he faced the significance front and center, by honoring his memory and of those that may fall after him. He could have ignored it. He didn't.
It was part political theater and part genuine concern and respect for the fallen soldier this is something Presidents from both parties have been doing for a number of years now.
So, do you think he is going to show the same respect for every fallen soldier during his administration?
Or do you think that is where the theater part came in?

Forum List

Back