Was the border broken before Joe Biden broke it? (Poll)

Was the US border broken before Joe Biden, or did Joe Biden break it? (Poll)

• Trump had the border right. Wait in Mexico for your hearing. Immigration LAW was enforced.

Votes: 26 92.9%
  • Biden has the border right. Immigration LAW is being ignored.

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
The southern border has been a mess since before Reagan was in office. Reagan gave amnesty to 6 million illegal immigrants because the US economy couldn’t afford to deport them.

Reagan then negotiated a free trade agreement with Mexico, so that the Mexican people would have jobs at home and they wouldn’t have to jump the border. Of course, Reagan didn’t tell you that the jobs that the Mexicans would be getting would be your jobs but I digress.

Donald Trump is the guy who declared an National Emergency on the southern border and then did nothing to solve it other than to stop people from legally entering the country. Everything Trump did while he was in office increased the number of people crossing the border illegally.

But you blame Biden for this mess. You must suffer from a lot of memory loss to forget how bad the southern border has been for as long as I’ve been alive.
Trump had the border solved.

Yes we have had a problem with the legal immigration process being slow and clogged up, we’ve had problems with caravans heading to the border and we’ve had problems with illegal crossings. Trump did not have it secured and under control. He had the same issues and Biden and presidents that preceded him
Biden encouraged the surge, dude.....don't kid yourself. He wants democrat votes, hence, the open border policy.
Common sense

Then why did it take COVID for the number of people crossing illegally to go down?
Trump couldn't control how many people try to cross the border illegally.

But what Trump did was enable the CBP to deport them immediately to wait in Mexico for their hearing.

Trump protected national security, Biden is a TRAITOR.

Just saw KJP lie her ass off again at today's presser.

She said that "the border was broken for decades", and the dickless reporters didn't call her out for lying.

This is ridiculous. Why does the "free press" enable and support her obvious lies?

Democrat mayors are saying "no mas", and KJP is saying Republicans are the problem for blocking comprehensive immigration reform.

The Biden Administration ignited the worst border crisis in American history and placed U.S. Border Patrol agents’ lives at risk by removing deterrent-focused immigration policies and border enforcement tools.
The border has been broken for a long time. The only question is who is responsible for it being more broken than the other guy. Actually, it's not even a question with the choice of Trump or Biden. All you have to do is look at the numbers.

1702571108205.png

You realize that the problem with mines is that they can be easily defeated, right.

View attachment 872922
Just like fences can be defeated. They can be climbed over, dug under or broken through. Penn and Teller went to a Home Depot and hired six Day laborers to build a replica of the kind of fencing they use at the border. It took them about a day to build a 20 Foot section. Then they asked them to either dig under it, climb over it or break through it. It took them less than three minutes to do. "Hey, you think they've done this before?" Penn remarked.

To be fair, I've had two times where I had to write congressmen. One was when I left the military and had an issue with pay on the way out. That got resolved quickly. The other was when I complained about the Secretary of State's office turning into such a clusterfuck. The State Rep admitted there were problems and they are working on them.

Okay, what about the lower-pay jobs? The ones Americans just don't want to do? I remember when COVID was happening, and we only had one person in the office a week; they had cleaning crews coming in to scrub everything down. Gues who they were. "Halo, Senor!" they would say to me when they saw me in the office.

I think the problem is that the solutions wouldn't be popular, especially with the Republican base that wants the benefits of illegal labor but doesn't want Mexicans to date their daughters.
If you build a better mouse trap, a rat will beat the mice to the door. Yes, I am awary they can be defeated. Trickier than fences and much more difficult at night. Perhaps you think the militaries of the world are likely to give them up as ineffective?

Lower paying jobs? Those are lower paying jobs done mostly in the heat of the summer, outdoors, unskilled manual labor, as in digging, pouring and finishing concrete, etc. Difference is, the H1B workers show up on time and, work in the heat like hell in the heat, as it still pays better than what they could get in Mexico.

No. You are correct. Best solutions would piss off both sides, as a matter of fact. They do not touch it, due to fund-raising and good old political cowardice of the elected class, trying to retain their positions through retirement age, regardless, their utility to the country, in their elected position.

1. All Illegals caught by CBP under Trump were given a hearing date and shipped to Mexico to wait
2. No illegals were allowed to enter the US without a hearing under Trump.

Biden dangerously and illegally allows every illegal to enter the US

2019. 1.6 mill illegals arrested

That’s solved?
Yes it is. No one can control how many illegals attempt to enter the US illegally, but Trump kept them out.

Biden's open border means that millions of illegals are rushing to enter the US illegally.

See the difference? Why try to enter illegally if you will be sent back? Trump had the border solved.

Yes it is. No one can control how many illegals attempt to enter the US illegally, but Trump kept them out.

Biden's open border means that millions of illegals are rushing to enter the US illegally.

See the difference? Why try to enter illegally if you will be sent back? Trump had the border solved.
Biden kept them out?

1.6 million is not “keeping them out “

Biden kept them out?

1.6 million is not “keeping them out “
nope

Biden border crisis: 13 million illegal immigrants now in US​

nope

Biden border crisis: 13 million illegal immigrants now in US​

The number was 11 twenty years ago

Just short of 12 million in 2009
Biden let in about 8m according to the latest data. The number of got-aways is a SWAG at best.
Trump caught ~650,000 and put them back in Mexico to wait for their hearing. Biden is a TRAITOR.

The first year under Biden we saw more than a 200% increase with 1,956,519 encounters, a historic record. The second year we saw 2,766,582, a new historic record. The latest number released today shows 3,201,144, an even newer historic record, 400% higher than the last year under Trump.

Secure borders are a necessity for national security.

Trump's system, where fewer migrants tried to sneak in because they knew they would be caught was better than the mass migration Biden is allowing.

"Processed" by Trump means being sent to Mexico, being "processed" by Biden means being given $5000 and a free iPhone and a free ride to a city of your choice. See the difference?
You obviously support Trump and his policies around the border. I have no problem with that. Just don’t lie and say the border was secure under Trump and Open under Biden. The entire system has had many issues for decades

Just saw KJP lie her ass off again at today's presser.

She said that "the border was broken for decades", and the dickless reporters didn't call her out for lying.

This is ridiculous. Why does the "free press" enable and support her obvious lies?

Democrat mayors are saying "no mas", and KJP is saying Republicans are the problem for blocking comprehensive immigration reform.

The Biden Administration ignited the worst border crisis in American history and placed U.S. Border Patrol agents’ lives at risk by removing deterrent-focused immigration policies and border enforcement tools.
The border is not 'broken.'

Immigration law reform is needed; reform long opposed by Republicans.

And the need for reform long predates President Biden.

Forum List

Back