Was my face red

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
This morning, while taking some garbage out to the curb, I slipped in the snow. The neighbor saw me and stopped his van and got out to ask if I was okay. Told him I was fine, just decided to make an impromptu snow angel. Don't think he beleived me....

Discuss some of your most embarressing moments...

This morning, while taking some garbage out to the curb, I slipped in the snow. The neighbor saw me and stopped his van and got out to ask if I was okay. Told him I was fine, just decided to make an impromptu snow angel. Don't think he beleived me....

Discuss some of your most embarressing moments...

Last Sunday, my daughter's graduation from university. I was so proud, beautiful ceremony. When it was over, I realized the thousands of people in stands were going to be exiting through only 4 venues. Sigh, I've claustrophobia, bad. I tried to get in front of throng, leaving behind my son, brother, etc. Long story short, first they halted exits, to let grads go first; then they opened so that I was caught in a waive. Finally found door to outside, breathed.

It was freezing and I really needed to find everyone, so I went back in and plastered myself to the door, in case I needed to get out again. My sister-in-law found me, noticed my color wasn't good. Eventually all but the graduate met up by me. Her boyfriend, 6'7" saw her with my son and their dad. He tried to waive them over, but they motioned, "come here." He took off and everyone followed.

I grabbed onto the back of my brother's jacket and closed my eyes. Someone hit me in the stomach, to make way for an elderly person, which I would have done if my eyes were open, but in this case it caused me to lose my grip on my brother, nearly deck the woman that hit me, but started instead to hyperventilate. My brother saw me, I couldn't make out anything, he grabbed me and pulled me forward. I saw my daughter's face, said her name, she said, "Mom, are you ok?" I replied, "Oh no." and collapsed. She told me it was like the sea parted.

My son then tried to pick me up, which I fought. My brother, a cop used to crowds came down and said, "Look Kath, Bryan and I are going to get you on your feet and to the outside, keep your eyes closed." I let them and they literally were carrying the shaking me. My son was freaking, seemed the kids never knew I had this problem, as I'm very careful about crowds.

My daughter came outside, unfortunately her father followed. She and my son were so worried, while my brother said, "No big deal, just crowds", my ex pipes up, "Oh yeah, she's always had this problem, didn't I tell you about the time she nearly went into Lake Michigan, reacting to Chicago Fest crowds?" Sheesh! Obviously another story...

Forum List

Back