"Was Jesus Gay? Probably"

Little nipper please do your research, there's plenty of pics of that era showing Bishops, Cardinals, and Pope hailing the evil one and shaking his hand as well as other higher ups. The synods a decrees of the church were exactly imitated by the Nazis, to much to list here.

This thread is a perfect example of how "so called" christians use the bible to promote their twisted perceptions. The bible has been used to promote killings of Muslims and Jews. The Catholics used it to justify the Inquisitions, to burn people at the stake that didn't subscribe to the Catholic dogma. Hitler used the bible to promote the Third Reich. The evangelicals use it to promote the damnation of all that don't subscribe to their dogma. Olsteen uses the bible to promote his greed. There is not one Christian religion that promotes the truth, they promote their own self interest.
not to mention that atheists use it to attack Christians.......

If the pope can accept gays, why do you have such a problem? It is not about attacking, or about atheists, it is about treating them like people. Love them as god and Jesus.
If you can't do that then the problem is you.
Love the sinner and not the sin. If you cannot, then the problem is in your own lap. It is not about treating people like people. It is about accepting sin as fully equal with the divinely inspired institution of marriage, and without ramifications. People, businesses, and communities are being forced to accept a very questionable behavior pattern as totally normal --- even a good and beautiful thing worthy of God's blessing. Sorry, there are many reasons I am not Roman Catholic and I didn't reject that particular religious persuasion yesterday.

Rape is a sin. Love is not a sin

This thread is a perfect example of how "so called" christians use the bible to promote their twisted perceptions. The bible has been used to promote killings of Muslims and Jews. The Catholics used it to justify the Inquisitions, to burn people at the stake that didn't subscribe to the Catholic dogma. Hitler used the bible to promote the Third Reich. The evangelicals use it to promote the damnation of all that don't subscribe to their dogma. Olsteen uses the bible to promote his greed. There is not one Christian religion that promotes the truth, they promote their own self interest.

As Gandhi said, " Dear God, I love your Jesus, but his followers are insane."

Actually, the Catholics did not use the Bible to justify the Inquisitions or crusades.

Believe it or not, the Bible(at least the NT, I can only assume that the OT does not since Jews do not seek gentiles to convert) does not endorse violence as a tool for conversion. In fact, the NT tells the evangelical not to pursue those who refuse to listen....

What happened is that the catholic church made it all up in order to pursue political goals. Then they claimed it was the teachings of christ when it wasn't!

Don't believe me, check out the speech and calls for crusades and compare it to what is in the Bible.

Or,if you can, find where in the Bible does it tells the believer to try heretics.

All made up--makes you wonder if the catholic church was run by atheistic statists during the Middle ages.

Oh, you poor dear. Pointing out your failure to present a coherent argument is not attacking.
pretending I haven't may qualify......

Little nipper please do your research, there's plenty of pics of that era showing Bishops, Cardinals, and Pope hailing the evil one and shaking his hand as well as other higher ups. The synods a decrees of the church were exactly imitated by the Nazis, to much to list here.

God & Hitler

Dietrich Bonhoeffer:
The Prophet and Spy

Part One: Ancient Pergamum

Was Adolf Hitler a Christian?
Throughout history, politicians have used religious language to win elections. One world leader was particularly good at it:

"In this hour I would ask of the Lord God only this: that He would give His blessing to our work, and that He may ever give us the courage to do the right. I am convinced that men who are created by God should live in accordance with the will of the Almighty. No man can fashion world history unless upon his purpose and his powers there rests the blessings of this Providence."

That may sound like an ideal leader, but that speech was given in 1937 by the Chancellor of Germany, Adolf Hitler. In his speeches, he challenged people to love their neighbors, to care for the poor and sick, and to take a stand against violence.

Read More

If the pope can accept gays, why do you have such a problem? It is not about attacking, or about atheists, it is about treating them like people. Love them as god and Jesus.
If you can't do that then the problem is you.
????.....why on earth did you claim I don't accept gays....back in the 90s I sold half of a company I owned to a gay couple and worked with them as a partner for four years......then they bought the rest of the company and I still serve as their lawyer.....do you think they believe I do not accept them?........

Read the book "Blood & Honor" by former Hitler Youth Reinhold Kerstan.He was severely persecuted because his father was a Baptist Pastor.

Nazis were actually agents for Christendom.
In 1939 the Nazis barred Jews from train dining cars.
The Church’s Synod of Elvira (306) forbade Jews and Christians eating together.

The Synod of Clement (535) parallels the law for the Re-establishment of the Professional Civil Service (Nazi Germany -1933) by disallowing Jews from holding public office.

The Third Synod of Orleans (538) inhibited Jews from showing themselves in the streets during passion Week. In 1938 the Nazis past a decree allowing authorities to ban Jews from the streets on certain days such as Nazi Holidays.

During the Synod of Toledo the Talmud and other books were burned. Similar book burnings were a regular event in Nazi Germany.

The law for the Protection of German Blood and Honor (1935)
parallels the Synod of Elvira (306), which prohibited intermarriage and sexual intercourse between Christians and Jews.

The fourth Lateran Council (1215) mandated the marking of
Jewish clothes with a badge. In 1941 the Nazis forced Jews
to wear a Star of David. So Christendom foreshadowed the
Nazis.

In 1222 the Council of Oxford banned the construction of new
synagogues. In 1938 the Nazis destroyed synagogues in the
entire Third Reich. Again Christendom foreshadowed the Nazis.

In 1279 the Synod of Breslau legislated for compulsory ghettoes.
In 1939 Heydrich also ordered compulsory ghettoes for Jews.
Again Christendom foreshadowed the Nazis.

The Synod of Ofen (1279) forbade Christians from selling or
renting real estate to Jews. In 1939 a Nazi decree mandated the sale of Jewish real estate. Again Christendom foreshadowed the Nazis.

The Council of Basel (1434) prevented Jews from obtaining
academic degrees. In 1933 the Nazis passed a law against,
"Overcrowding of German Schools and Universities" with
the same effect. Again Christendom foreshadowed the Nazis.
The Synod of Gerona (1078) forced Jews to make contributions
to the Church equal to that of Christians. The 1940
Sozialausgleichsabgabe enforced a special Jewish income tax
equal to the party contribution levied on Nazis. Again Christendom foreshadowed the Nazis.

"The Nazis 'did not discard the past; they built upon it. They didn’t begin a development; they completed it.' This fact makes
ludicrous any unqualified claim that the Nazis were the enemies
of Christendom. In actuality, they were in very large measure the
agents for the 'practical' application of an established social logic."
(Hilberg, R., "The Destruction of the European Jews" Chicago:
Quadrangle, 1961), and (Eckardt, "Elder and Younger Brothers:
The Encounter of Jews and Christians" New York: Schocken
1973, 12-14).

The roots of the antisemitic "established social logic" referred to above lie in the antisemitic potential of the NT. The roots of modern antisemitism lie in the pages of the NT. Without it the Shoah (Holocaust) would never have happened.
A Disturbing Fact:
On April 19 1939 in celebration of Hitler's birthday All Catholic churches in greater Germany hoisted the Swastica in Celebration.

Was Jesus gay Probably Paul Oestreicher Comment is free The Guardian

"That disciple was John whom Jesus, the gospels affirm, loved in a special way. All the other disciples had fled in fear. Three women but only one man had the courage to go with Jesus to his execution. That man clearly had a unique place in the affection of Jesus. In all classic depictions of the Last Supper, a favourite subject of Christian art, John is next to Jesus, very often his head resting on Jesus's breast. Dying, Jesus asks John to look after his mother and asks his mother to accept John as her son. John takes Mary home. John becomes unmistakably part of Jesus's family.

Jesus was a Hebrew rabbi. Unusually, he was unmarried. The idea that he had a romantic relationship with Mary Magdalene is the stuff of fiction, based on no biblical evidence. The evidence, on the other hand, that he may have been what we today call gay is very strong. But even gay rights campaigners in the church have been reluctant to suggest it. A significant exception was Hugh Montefiore, bishop of Birmingham and a convert from a prominent Jewish family. He dared to suggest that possibility and was met with disdain, as though he were simply out to shock.

After much reflection and with certainly no wish to shock, I felt I was left with no option but to suggest, for the first time in half a century of my Anglican priesthood, that Jesus may well have been homosexual. Had he been devoid of sexuality, he would not have been truly human. To believe that would be heretical.

Heterosexual, bisexual, homosexual: Jesus could have been any of these. There can be no certainty which. The homosexual option simply seems the most likely. The intimate relationship with the beloved disciple points in that direction. It would be so interpreted in any person today. Although there is no rabbinic tradition of celibacy, Jesus could well have chosen to refrain from sexual activity, whether he was gay or not. Many Christians will wish to assume it, but I see no theological need to. The physical expression of faithful love is godly. To suggest otherwise is to buy into a kind of puritanism that has long tainted the churches."

“Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God” (1 Corinthians 6:9–10)

"That disciple was John whom Jesus, the gospels affirm, loved in a special way. All the other disciples had fled in fear. Three women but only one man had the courage to go with Jesus to his execution. That man clearly had a unique place in the affection of Jesus. In all classic depictions of the Last Supper, a favourite subject of Christian art, John is next to Jesus, very often his head resting on Jesus's breast. Dying, Jesus asks John to look after his mother and asks his mother to accept John as her son. John takes Mary home. John becomes unmistakably part of Jesus's family.

Jesus was a Hebrew rabbi. Unusually, he was unmarried. The idea that he had a romantic relationship with Mary Magdalene is the stuff of fiction, based on no biblical evidence. The evidence, on the other hand, that he may have been what we today call gay is very strong. But even gay rights campaigners in the church have been reluctant to suggest it. A significant exception was Hugh Montefiore, bishop of Birmingham and a convert from a prominent Jewish family. He dared to suggest that possibility and was met with disdain, as though he were simply out to shock.

After much reflection and with certainly no wish to shock, I felt I was left with no option but to suggest, for the first time in half a century of my Anglican priesthood, that Jesus may well have been homosexual. Had he been devoid of sexuality, he would not have been truly human. To believe that would be heretical.

Heterosexual, bisexual, homosexual: Jesus could have been any of these. There can be no certainty which. The homosexual option simply seems the most likely. The intimate relationship with the beloved disciple points in that direction. It would be so interpreted in any person today. Although there is no rabbinic tradition of celibacy, Jesus could well have chosen to refrain from sexual activity, whether he was gay or not. Many Christians will wish to assume it, but I see no theological need to. The physical expression of faithful love is godly. To suggest otherwise is to buy into a kind of puritanism that has long tainted the churches."

“Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God” (1 Corinthians 6:9–10)

Paulinism

Paulinism

1. Jesus is never quoted in the New Testament as having directly addressed rape, incest, domestic violence or homosexual behavior. So are we supposed to believe all these practices are okay with Him? Read on....
  2. Gospel writer and apostle John tells us there are many teachings and deeds of Christ that are not included in their New Testament accounts (John 21:25).
  3. Christ is quoted at one point that God created people “in the beginning” as male and female, and that marriage is the union of one man and one woman joined together as “one flesh.” (Matthew 19:4-6 and Mark 10:6-9) Nothing is said about any other type of union.
  4. When He discussed sexual morality, Christ had a very high standard, clearly affirming long-standing Old Testament law. He told the woman caught in adultery to “Go and sin no more.” (John 8:11) He warned people that not only the act of adultery was wrong, but even adulterous thoughts (Matthew 5:28). And he shamed the woman at the well (John 4:18) by pointing out to her that he knew she was living with a man who was not her husband.
  5. Christ used the destruction of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah as dramatic examples of God’s wrath (Matthew 10:15, Mark 6:11, Luke 10:12, and Luke 17:29). Throughout the Old Testament, prophets described these cities as being notorious for the practice of homosexuality. (Genesis 18:20, Genesis 19:4-5, Isaiah 3:9, Jeremiah 23:14, Ezekiel 16:46-59). Jesus certainly knew that this was how the comparison would be understood.
  6. Most important of all, Christ was God incarnate (in the flesh) here on earth. He was the long-expected Messiah, Emmanuel (which means "God with us"). This was revealed in Matthew 16:13- 20, Matthew 17:5-9, Mark 8:27-30, Luke 4:16-30, Luke 9:18-21,John 4:25-26, John 8:57-59 and elsewhere. As one with God, He was present from the beginning of creation (John 1: 1-13; Colossians 1:15-17; Ephesians 3:9 and elsewhere).

Paulinism

1. Jesus is never quoted in the New Testament as having directly addressed rape, incest, domestic violence or homosexual behavior. So are we supposed to believe all these practices are okay with Him? Read on....
  2. Gospel writer and apostle John tells us there are many teachings and deeds of Christ that are not included in their New Testament accounts (John 21:25).
  3. Christ is quoted at one point that God created people “in the beginning” as male and female, and that marriage is the union of one man and one woman joined together as “one flesh.” (Matthew 19:4-6 and Mark 10:6-9) Nothing is said about any other type of union.
  4. When He discussed sexual morality, Christ had a very high standard, clearly affirming long-standing Old Testament law. He told the woman caught in adultery to “Go and sin no more.” (John 8:11) He warned people that not only the act of adultery was wrong, but even adulterous thoughts (Matthew 5:28). And he shamed the woman at the well (John 4:18) by pointing out to her that he knew she was living with a man who was not her husband.
  5. Christ used the destruction of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah as dramatic examples of God’s wrath (Matthew 10:15, Mark 6:11, Luke 10:12, and Luke 17:29). Throughout the Old Testament, prophets described these cities as being notorious for the practice of homosexuality. (Genesis 18:20, Genesis 19:4-5, Isaiah 3:9, Jeremiah 23:14, Ezekiel 16:46-59). Jesus certainly knew that this was how the comparison would be understood.
  6. Most important of all, Christ was God incarnate (in the flesh) here on earth. He was the long-expected Messiah, Emmanuel (which means "God with us"). This was revealed in Matthew 16:13- 20, Matthew 17:5-9, Mark 8:27-30, Luke 4:16-30, Luke 9:18-21,John 4:25-26, John 8:57-59 and elsewhere. As one with God, He was present from the beginning of creation (John 1: 1-13; Colossians 1:15-17; Ephesians 3:9 and elsewhere).
that first marriage did not work out well.

gospels were written many years later and not by those who's names are used. They are works of men who take the word of mouth stories from others.

Perhaps Thomas is the closest to what Jesus might have said at the time. The "facts" of the gospel that were picked out of the hundred or so other books are inaccurate. How much is the rest really true? There are more truths to Christianity that just the NT.

Jesus only fucked a woman once to see if he'd like it. "Once" means he didn't. :D

Paulinism

gospels were written many years later and not by those who's names are used. They are works of men who take the word of mouth stories from others.

Perhaps Thomas is the closest to what Jesus might have said at the time. The "facts" of the gospel that were picked out of the hundred or so other books are inaccurate. How much is the rest really true? There are more truths to Christianity that just the NT.
It's mind boggling that so many right wing evangelicals take the word of a persecutor of Christians as an apostle. His writings were the promotion of his own desire to be famous, not unlike many of todays evangelists. Like the one that just asked for $65 million for his own jet.

Paulinism

It's mind boggling that so many right wing evangelicals take the word of a persecutor of Christians as an apostle. His writings were the promotion of his own desire to be famous, not unlike many of todays evangelists. Like the one that just asked for $65 million for his own jet.

profit vs prophet

Paulinism

Obama $390 million for new plane
Israel officials fly commercial airlines now. They are designating $29 million for a government plane that carries 20 on official business. The last plane they had for government use was a 707 that got too old. It was retired 12 yrs ago.

I don't think preachers should need their own personal plane and not with church money. If the church needs a plane there are several used ones for less money. What happened to giving up worldly goods to serve god and the people?

If he was he was in the closet. Jews did not take kindly to gay folks, especially rabbis. Highly doubtful Jesus was gay. Absurd to make the claim with NO facts to support it.

Forum List

Back