Do Extremist Christianity and Extremist Islam Go Hand In Hand?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Something I brought up in another thread earlier was how not everyone on Earth is a Christian (or Muslim.) So holding non-Christians to Christian standards as with condemnation or prohibitions against homosexuality is much as Muslims do saying everyone has to be Muslim.

So shouldn't Christians and Muslims be best of friends? Both believing in the all-or-nothing positions they aspouse theologically?

Any time 'extremist' is associated with religion, all bets are off the table.

Political extremists might, might mind you, eventually compromise their ideology. After all, politics basically dilutes down to the base alloy: money.

But religious extremists cannot compromise. Because compromise means turning their back to the laws of the God they worship.

That all depends on what you mean by extremist. The Muslims in question want to behead all those who don't convert to Islam with its oppressive laws that demand the beheading of all those who will not submit. Christians that I know do not desire that those who act on their homosexual desires be beheaded. They believe that the Ten Commandments and God's law says that homosexual acts are an abomination and a sin.We also believe that cheating on your spouse is a sin, and stealing your neighbors goods is a sin. I know of none who say line up all those who are same sex attracted in the public square and shoot them. We do not believe that same sex behavior should be declared honorable and that "marriage" of two or more people of the same sex should be sanctified and validated in God's churches. We pray for guidance in ways to help those who have UNWANTED same sex attractions and seek help getting rid of those UNWANTED ATTRACTIONS. That does not put us on the same level as those who want all who do not follow Islam to be murdered.. Islam condemns adult same sex attractions but it is common practice according to people I know who have studied the Koran, to approve sex between adult men and children of either sex. Mohammed had boys as preferred boy child sexual partners through out his life say scholars of the Koran. At one time that practice was considered honorable such as in Greek and Roman cultures where pedophilia and pederasty were not condemned and the adults in the act were considered honorable men as long as they were not the receptive partners doing the "female" role. I certainly see no comparison between the two belief systems, but I don't know what you consider extreme Christianity to be. If it is a belief that there are absolute rights and wrongs and that obeying God's Laws is holy and disobeying them is sinful, then I would hope all Christians are extreme. Moral relativism has crept into the Christian religion and if you think all who say that moral relativism has no place in the teaching of the Ten Commandments are extreme, then hooray for extreme Christians. May we stand tall and straight and remain true to God.

That all depends on what you mean by extremist. The Muslims in question want to behead all those who don't convert to Islam with its oppressive laws that demand the beheading of all those who will not submit. Christians that I know do not desire that those who act on their homosexual desires be beheaded. They believe that the Ten Commandments and God's law says that homosexual acts are an abomination and a sin.We also believe that cheating on your spouse is a sin, and stealing your neighbors goods is a sin. I know of none who say line up all those who are same sex attracted in the public square and shoot them. We do not believe that same sex behavior should be declared honorable and that "marriage" of two or more people of the same sex should be sanctified and validated in God's churches. We pray for guidance in ways to help those who have UNWANTED same sex attractions and seek help getting rid of those UNWANTED ATTRACTIONS. That does not put us on the same level as those who want all who do not follow Islam to be murdered.. Islam condemns adult same sex attractions but it is common practice according to people I know who have studied the Koran, to approve sex between adult men and children of either sex. Mohammed had boys as preferred boy child sexual partners through out his life say scholars of the Koran. At one time that practice was considered honorable such as in Greek and Roman cultures where pedophilia and pederasty were not condemned and the adults in the act were considered honorable men as long as they were not the receptive partners doing the "female" role. I certainly see no comparison between the two belief systems, but I don't know what you consider extreme Christianity to be. If it is a belief that there are absolute rights and wrongs and that obeying God's Laws is holy and disobeying them is sinful, then I would hope all Christians are extreme. Moral relativism has crept into the Christian religion and if you think all who say that moral relativism has no place in the teaching of the Ten Commandments are extreme, then hooray for extreme Christians. May we stand tall and straight and remain true to God.

The ten commanment have nothing to do with christer goyim ,it was given to Jews

1. God never brought goyim ancestors out of Egypt! Ex 20:2 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery."
  2. The Lord has not given the christer goyim the promised land of Canaan! Ex 20:12 "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the Lord your God gives you"
  3. Since the Sabbath is a sign between God and fleshly Israel, there is nothing requiring goyim to keep it! (Ex. 31:13,17; Ezek. 20:12, 20)
  4. If it was intended for all mankind, then why specifically say "strangers within your gates". Obviously the goyim (strangers) were never required at any point in earth history to keep the Sabbath,The covenant was made with "US" Jews at Horeb: Deut 5:1-3; Neh 9:14, not the goyim

Aseret ha-Dibrot: The "Ten Commandments"

Judaism 101 Aseret ha-Dibrot The Ten Commandments

We get it, Guno

Judaism(and its precursors) is a people's religion--it was never meant for those not of Abraham's bloodline.

I, too, get a headache when I think about how Christianity and Islam try to are for Universalism when the roots of those faiths are surely not nor intended to be.

Sort of like asking why Lenin and Trotsky couldn't get along. To outside observers, they seem virtually indistinguishable.

Forum List

Back