"Was Jesus Gay? Probably"

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Was Jesus gay Probably Paul Oestreicher Comment is free The Guardian

"That disciple was John whom Jesus, the gospels affirm, loved in a special way. All the other disciples had fled in fear. Three women but only one man had the courage to go with Jesus to his execution. That man clearly had a unique place in the affection of Jesus. In all classic depictions of the Last Supper, a favourite subject of Christian art, John is next to Jesus, very often his head resting on Jesus's breast. Dying, Jesus asks John to look after his mother and asks his mother to accept John as her son. John takes Mary home. John becomes unmistakably part of Jesus's family.

Jesus was a Hebrew rabbi. Unusually, he was unmarried. The idea that he had a romantic relationship with Mary Magdalene is the stuff of fiction, based on no biblical evidence. The evidence, on the other hand, that he may have been what we today call gay is very strong. But even gay rights campaigners in the church have been reluctant to suggest it. A significant exception was Hugh Montefiore, bishop of Birmingham and a convert from a prominent Jewish family. He dared to suggest that possibility and was met with disdain, as though he were simply out to shock.

After much reflection and with certainly no wish to shock, I felt I was left with no option but to suggest, for the first time in half a century of my Anglican priesthood, that Jesus may well have been homosexual. Had he been devoid of sexuality, he would not have been truly human. To believe that would be heretical.

Heterosexual, bisexual, homosexual: Jesus could have been any of these. There can be no certainty which. The homosexual option simply seems the most likely. The intimate relationship with the beloved disciple points in that direction. It would be so interpreted in any person today. Although there is no rabbinic tradition of celibacy, Jesus could well have chosen to refrain from sexual activity, whether he was gay or not. Many Christians will wish to assume it, but I see no theological need to. The physical expression of faithful love is godly. To suggest otherwise is to buy into a kind of puritanism that has long tainted the churches."

Wishful thinking on the part of a lot of people who want to discredit Christ.

It's why they hid the fact that he was from Capernaum not Nazareth. Capernaum was liken to our San Francisco.
The NT states it was his hometown but preachers fool people by saying Nazareth, a mistake by those not knowing Hebrew confused with words like
Hanotzrim(off shoot) and Nazarene (guardians), as a person from Nazareth is called a Nazarite not a Nazarene.
Nazareth didn't exist untill 90ad according to Found Roman command letters telling it's army to build the town in 90ad.
Most likely this Bi- christ was Theudas by the Jordan who died in 45ad used to make the Jesus image seem historical in the AD era. His apostles were the martyred in the bible story. The bi jesus was Probably not based on the Galilean figure in the time of Herod named Yehuda, as he had sons who were also crucified by Rome.
What this means is none of the 3 main figures used to make the Jesus character ever had surviving kids, which helps disprove the Meridian line farce, which magically surfaced at the time kings were trying to save their position & their heads. By making themselves of lineage they can con people into never daring to harm or remove them, and perhaps get special favor in it as well. Surely they will never reveal Jesus to be gay, nor admit the church was nothing but a man-boy cult.

sorry Moravian lineage, my keyboard types it's own words, having trouble with my smart phone settings.
and editing here won't work either.

Who needs to buy the National Enquirer when you have this place?
enquirer_whosgay.jpg

Interesting point here:

Apologetics Press - Was Jesus Gay An Examination of the Secret Gospel of Mark

"by Alden Bass, Ph.D.

Over the last several centuries, people have made Jesus what they wanted Him to be. In nineteenth-century Europe, Jesus was a Romantic, then an Existentialist. In the United States, the foremost historians of the 1920s considered Jesus a social reformer. Forty years later, in the 1960s, the same historians saw Him as a radical revolutionary pushing for political change. Most recently, Jesus has been characterized by some scholars as a libertine and a homosexual. This is a clear reflection of our “sexually liberated” age, just as other versions of Jesus proliferated through the ages are snapshots of their own time. So long as we craft God in our own image, God cannot condemn us, and we will always be approved regardless of our error. George Tyrell famously commented in 1909 that when the Liberal Protestant scholars looked back at Christ “through nineteen centuries of Catholic darkness,” what they saw was “only the reflection of their Liberal Protestant face, seen at the bottom of a deep well” (as quoted in Bryan, 1996, p. 339).

Interestingly, the homosexual community feels that the traditional “hetero-normative” Jesus is a reflection of heterosexual Christians who have read into Jesus their own sexuality, while ignoring the possibility that Jesus was a homosexual..."

It is not discrediting Jesus, it is just accepting of all people. Homosexuality exists in nature, and in man kind. God created this, it is natural and has been part of almost every culture in every corner of the world.
This is an old debate. Why is this becoming an issue again? Laying down with a naked youth is not new in the bible. Why the surprise?

But wait
Don't God Hate Gays

And according to christian belief, Jesus is 1/3 part of the triune god concept.

So, would that imply that Jesus is a self hating schizophrenic homosexual deity? Who's father is not of this earth?

Boy, just when you thought you heard everything, a new rabbit hole pops up.

It is not discrediting Jesus, it is just accepting of all people. Homosexuality exists in nature, and in man kind. God created this, it is natural and has been part of almost every culture in every corner of the world.
This is an old debate. Why is this becoming an issue again? Laying down with a naked youth is not new in the bible. Why the surprise?

Mark 10? I came across that reading around earlier. Seems iffy. Even the supposed text is ambiguous at best. Think a better case can be made through inference as with his not being married than scripturally.

hmmm, but then again

Don't most believers argue that their God is exempt from Gods morality?

The ignorance of the Lord runs deep with those not familiar with his teachings.

John 8:52-57
52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.
53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?
54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

In these verses, Jesus is teaching that he is the God of the Old Testament. When the Jews asked him, "Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou see Abraham?", Jesus replied, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM. What the Lord is saying is that he is the Great I AM. He is the God of the old testament. It was he who spoke with Moses on the mount. It was he that taught:

Leviticus 18:22
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13
13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

It was Jesus himself who taught that homosexuality was an abomination!

It was also he that spoke to the Apostle Paul in Acts 22. Paul the disciple of Jesus Christ taught:

Romans 1:22-32
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Those who attack Jesus will one day have to stand before him. They who were once valiant in the pre-mortal existence will have to account for their turning away from him to their eternal shame.

Isaiah 5:20
20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

So, would that imply that Jesus is a self hating schizophrenic homosexual deity? Who's father is not of this earth?

Boy, just when you thought you heard everything, a new rabbit hole pops up.
Don't forget the incestual part where he impregnates his own mother, or the canibalism in eating his flesh and drinking his blood.....wait these should go in the bizzarre religion post. Yikes!

Forum List

Back