War Drums: Turkey Says Continued Strikes On Syria Are A Warning...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Looks like this might be the angle played in getting us involved in another War. Turkey is a NATO ally. Looks like a convenient way in for us. So how long before we intervene in this one?

Turkey won't declare war on Syria despite shelling, official says.

Turkey fired on Syrian targets for a second day Thursday but said it has no intention of declaring war, despite tensions after deadly shelling from Syria killed five civilians in a Turkish border town.

Turkey's Parliament, meanwhile, began an emergency session to discuss a bill authorizing the military to launch cross border operations in Syria. If approved, the bill could more easily open the way to unilateral action by Turkey's armed forces inside Syria, without the involvement of its Western and Arab allies.

The cross-border tensions escalated on Wednesday after a shell fired from inside Syria landed on a home in the Turkish village of Akcakale on Wednesday, killing a woman, her three daughters and another woman, and wounding at least 10 others, according to Turkish media.

Turkish response was prompt. It fired salvos of artillery rounds deep inside Syria. The NATO military alliance, of which Turkey is a member, met at an emergency session in Brussels, condemned the attack on Turkey and demanded "the immediate cessation of such aggressive acts against an ally." It also urged the Syrian regime to "put an end to flagrant violations of international law."

Syrian Information Minister Omran al-Zoubi, meanwhile, offered his "sincerest condolences on behalf of the Syrian government to the family of the deceased and the Turkish people."

He appeared to be trying to reduce tensions, although he said Turkey must do more to control its borders and "prevent militants and terrorists from sneaking across."...

Read more: Turkey won't declare war on Syria despite shelling, official says | Fox News

I just heard the Parliment approved military action inside Syria.

Sneaky Sneaky Obama...doesn't surprise me though...he will claim its our duty to help an ally out blah blah blah...another one of Israel's enemies taken out for them by the US.

Is it Syria? My neighbor just got back from visiting her family in Turkey yesterday and she said that the Kurds are attacking villages and fighting in the streets. While she was there on vacation, she had to help her family get out. They went to Sweden.

Just because we are told it's Syria doesn't make it really Syria.

Syrian artillery strike killed a mother and her 3 children in a border village.
Obama made "military action inside Libya" without Congress, Turkish leader is not above law and so he had to get Parliament (as representation of the people) approval.

Syrian artillery strike killed a mother and her 3 children in a border village.
Obama made "military action inside Libya" without Congress, Turkish leader is not above law and so he had to get Parliament (as representation of the people) approval.

If Mexico shelled a US town and killed afew people do you think the president would need to get Congressional approval to respond?

If Mexico shelled a US town and killed afew people do you think the president would need to get Congressional approval to respond?

There are engagement rules for units stationed on borders.
"Responding" is not something you think about afterwards, but before by defining limits/extent of the engagement rules for units representing the State's power on the border (Rangers, Police, US Army ?).

You tell me if Obama would need US Congress approval if he were to send US Army inside Mexico...

There are engagement rules for units stationed on borders.
"Responding" is not something you think about afterwards, but before by defining limits/extent of the engagement rules for units representing the State's power on the border (Rangers, Police, US Army ?).

You tell me if Obama would need US Congress approval if he were to send US Army inside Mexico...

No he would not.

Forum List

Back