Want to save Puerto Rico ? Dump the Jones Act.

Timmy

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2015
trump suspends the act for a week . But why stop there ? End the Jones act!

It's a law that limits shipping to PR for American shippers only . Adding to the high cost of goods to the island .

To make it worse, the US Virgin Islands are exempt .

It's a protectionist cash grab.

The Jones Act has been hurting Puerto Rico for decades

The law dates back to 1920 and requires all goods ferried between U.S. ports to be carried on ships built, owned and operated by Americans. And those ships are far more expensive to buy and operate than ships flying foreign flags. As a result, it makes just about everything in Puerto Rico more expensive.

Why would Republicans want to "save" Puerto Rico?

They may be Americans, but they are brown and speak Spanish.

The kind of Americans Republicans really, really hate. I mean really hate.

Shame on those republicans for wanting democrats to start making smart decisions!

Last edited:

Is it really too much to ask they actually help save themselves? And PR is about 75%? I think I saw white people. So that's a fail.

You're failing.

Just trying to poke fun at the irony of the right being totally cool with regulations when it suits them. Especially when it's an entirely bullshit regulation with no purpose other than to make money for some rich asshole while making life harder for everyday people.

But then when it comes to a regulation meant to keep corporations from polluting clean water, or from tearing down the natural world it's "GRRR! Regulation bad! Not the government's place etc etc!"

It's a law that limits shipping to PR for American shippers only . Adding to the high cost of goods to the island .

The law dates back to 1920 and requires all goods ferried between U.S. ports to be carried on ships built, owned and operated by Americans. And those ships are far more expensive to buy and operate than ships flying foreign flags. As a result, it makes just about everything in Puerto Rico more expensive.

So show where all the democrats have called for repeal of this, show where the far left has shown they care about Puerto Rico by wanting to repeal this for decades.

Another debunked far left religious narrative being run.

So show where all the democrats have called for repeal of this, show where the far left has shown they care about Puerto Rico by wanting to repeal this for decades.

I did not mention right or left . I just brought up the issue .

You're failing.

Just trying to poke fun at the irony of the right being totally cool with regulations when it suits them. Especially when it's an entirely bullshit regulation with no purpose other than to make money for some rich asshole while making life harder for the natives of Puerto Rico.
So obiecare. That's what you're pissed off about. Or it could be global warming. Or it could be gun control. There's just so much left wing regulation that does nothing but enrich those in power it's hard to pick just one.

I did not mention right or left . I just brought up the issue .

Exactly you can not prove that the far left cares about the people in Puerto Rico.

And yes you politicized this by running a debunked far left narrative as you tried to bash Trump or anyone on the right with your erroneous thread and posts.

So show where the far left wants to end this act.

Trump can not end, Congress has to do it. Another far left drone failed thread based on their failed religious dogma.

Exactly you can not prove that the far left cares about the people in Puerto Rico.

And yes you politicized this by running a debunked far left narrative as you tried to bash Trump or anyone on the right with your erroneous thread and posts.

So show where the far left wants to end this act.

Trump can not end, Congress has to do it. Another far left drone failed thread based on their failed religious dogma.

Damn dude, you really tore him asunder didn't you? I bet you feel real good about that post.

Forum List

Back