Walmart to do away with min wage pay early next year

That's good news. Maybe they'll also consider giving employees more hours to go along with higher pay. And, more spending money in the pockets of consumers will boost the economy.

How will they change the law??? If they attempt it, they will be breaking the law.
Did you bother reading the link? Of course not. Go back and click the hyper link and you might realize why what you just stated is completely asinine.
I read the article. And, I just read it again. What do you see "asinine" about workers getting more money per hour?

How will they change the law??? If they attempt it, they will be breaking the law.
Did you bother reading the link? Of course not. Go back and click the hyper link and you might realize why what you just stated is completely asinine.
I read the article. And, I just read it again. What do you see "asinine" about workers getting more money per hour?
Back in October, Walmart CEO Doug McMillon announced future plans to boost the lowest of wages at the big box giant so that no worker is paid the federally mandated minimum of $7.25 an hour.

Sigh. does NO ONE bother to read? Now, why don't you look at the comment I QUOTED and was DIRECTLY responding to then you might just see why your comment makes no sense.

Sigh. does NO ONE bother to read? Now, why don't you look at the comment I QUOTED and was DIRECTLY responding to then you might just see why your comment makes no sense.
I see. My bad. You were responding to "judicial review's" comment. I apologize for the mistake.

I see. My bad. You were responding to "judicial review's" comment. I apologize for the mistake.
Well, its a rare poster here that will admit a mistake. Most of us are to hard headed :D

Welcome to the board.

Well, its a rare poster here that will admit a mistake. Most of us are to hard headed :D

Welcome to the board.

minimum wage means fewer jobs, higher prices, and mistaken attitude about how to get ahead in life so net gain is possible. A liberal will lack the IQ to understand that there is no free lunch.

Welcome to the board.

minimum wage means fewer jobs, higher prices, and mistaken attitude about how to get ahead in life so net gain is possible. A liberal will lack the IQ to understand that there is no free lunch.
And? The OP really has almost nothing to do with min wage. It has to do with the fact that Wal-Mart is no longer going to pay it.

We will see if this ends up being a worthless stunt (they start paying minimum wage + 5c) or if Wal-Mart has finally decided that the standard idiots they hire are just not cutting it and want to get a better employee. I tend to think that they are pulling a stunt as they have always survived on really low pricing rather than any hint of actual customer service.

Forum List

Back