Walmart Employees Getting a Raise

I cant prove a negative, Numbskull. Why dont you try proving they offer a "masters in business" which is what you claim to have.

I did, Columbia Business School.

honestly very hard to believe given you cant think to save your life. You have the IQ of typical liberal. Easy to prove. Please say something intelligent in support of liberalism.

Liberalism promotes people.
Which people?

I actually was an MBA, Michigan, 1995. Nothing you have ever posted that I read showed even the most basic understanding of business far before any politics is introduced into the discussion. You think businesses can pay whatever they want, treat employees however they want and that employees are like socket wrenches and screw drivers, just tools, one is replaceable with another.

You are full of shit, no one in business thinks that, we know it's not true from experience. My sister in law, a flaming liberal, stopped voting Democrat when she opened her own veterinary practice and realized what Democrats are doing to business in this country. Yet you claim to be experienced and educated in the field and you don't know the first thing about it

As a fellow MBA I would have expected at least one example of what you've written rather than bloviating.

I've NEVER claimed to be 'experienced and educated in the field' of Veterinary.

As far as your sister in law believing that Democrats are hurting business in this country, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 is 100% Democrat and has helped small business through low cost loans and tax breaks. Dissenting votes were Republican.

I have a very close friend who is a Vet in private practice. She just worked double shifts while her partner was on vacation. She said the govt took 55% of her paycheck and so cut her standard of living more than in half!! Govt is 100% opposed to small businesses which mostly have far less flexibility to take advantage of the loopholes big business has.

The guy says he pays two people $150,000 a year to clean a 7000 sq ft building, six days a week. I asked what the duties and how many hours they were required to work, he says he doesn't micromanage, WTF?

He claims he pays his employees more and charges twice what his competitors charge, he never has unhappy customers and on and on. I have never heard of a company not having any unhappy customers or unhappy employees, it's unrealistic. No matter how well you take care of people you will always have someone unhappy.

He is such a blowhard, I know when he is lying, it is when he posts.

Please show me were I posted $150k.

A HUGE mistake that employers make when hiring contractors is listing duties and hours required. Under IRS rules doing so makes the contractor an employee. Requirements of a contract need to be done in the initial contract bid. Any changes need to be done through an addendum of the contract. Micromanaging or directing a contractor makes them an employee.

FYI: If an employer has the need to micromanage an employee, the employer hired wrong.

I do pay my employees more and I do charge more, especially when I have to repair and/or replace what my competitors screwed up. However, through my tower management company, I can offer an income stream thus off-setting any additional initial cost, sometimes providing a complete pay-off of the initial cost.

Unhappy customers and employees stem from unrealistic expectations. Since I present expectations upfront, I don't have to be concerned.

I have a very close friend who is a Vet in private practice. She just worked double shifts while her partner was on vacation. She said the govt took 55% of her paycheck and so cut her standard of living more than in half!! Govt is 100% opposed to small businesses which mostly have far less flexibility to take advantage of the loopholes big business has.

Her problem is Republicans/corporate America/wall street.

Lets see the breakdown of the 55%.

I actually was an MBA, Michigan, 1995. Nothing you have ever posted that I read showed even the most basic understanding of business far before any politics is introduced into the discussion. You think businesses can pay whatever they want, treat employees however they want and that employees are like socket wrenches and screw drivers, just tools, one is replaceable with another.

You are full of shit, no one in business thinks that, we know it's not true from experience. My sister in law, a flaming liberal, stopped voting Democrat when she opened her own veterinary practice and realized what Democrats are doing to business in this country. Yet you claim to be experienced and educated in the field and you don't know the first thing about it

As a fellow MBA I would have expected at least one example of what you've written rather than bloviating.

I've NEVER claimed to be 'experienced and educated in the field' of Veterinary.

As far as your sister in law believing that Democrats are hurting business in this country, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 is 100% Democrat and has helped small business through low cost loans and tax breaks. Dissenting votes were Republican.

And, of course, back in the days of St Reagan, this kind of thing never would have happened.

Lets see the breakdown of the 55%.

And the 55% was directly from her paycheck and so did not include her property taxes, gas taxes, sales taxes, phone taxes, etc etc. So you can see that liberals cut everyone's standard of living by about 70%. Liberalism is truly the enemy of the people.

Did you think they got the $8 trillion a year from the Girl Scouts??

And the 55% was directly from her paycheck and so did not include her property taxes, gas taxes, sales taxes, phone taxes, etc etc. So you can see that liberals cut everyone's standard of living by about 70%. Liberalism is truly the enemy of the people.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid
Did you think they got the $8 trillion a year they spend from the Girl Scouts??

Who got $8 trillion?

The guy says he pays two people $150,000 a year to clean a 7000 sq ft building, six days a week. I asked what the duties and how many hours they were required to work, he says he doesn't micromanage, WTF?

He claims he pays his employees more and charges twice what his competitors charge, he never has unhappy customers and on and on. I have never heard of a company not having any unhappy customers or unhappy employees, it's unrealistic. No matter how well you take care of people you will always have someone unhappy.

He is such a blowhard, I know when he is lying, it is when he posts.

Please show me were I posted $150k.

A HUGE mistake that employers make when hiring contractors is listing duties and hours required. Under IRS rules doing so makes the contractor an employee. Requirements of a contract need to be done in the initial contract bid. Any changes need to be done through an addendum of the contract. Micromanaging or directing a contractor makes them an employee.

FYI: If an employer has the need to micromanage an employee, the employer hired wrong.

I do pay my employees more and I do charge more, especially when I have to repair and/or replace what my competitors screwed up. However, through my tower management company, I can offer an income stream thus off-setting any additional initial cost, sometimes providing a complete pay-off of the initial cost.

Unhappy customers and employees stem from unrealistic expectations. Since I present expectations upfront, I don't have to be concerned.
Like most of what you post, that isnt entirely true.
Independent Contractor Defined

Who got $8 trillion?
Dear, liberal govt spends $8 trillion a year. Where do you think they get the money??

"Wal-Mart has spent [over ten years] more than$65.4 billion on stock buybacks — about 47 percent of its profits.

"That’s an average of more than $6.5 billion a year in stock buybacks, enough to give each of its 1.4 million U.S. workers a $4,670-a-year raise.

"It is also, coincidentally, an amount roughly equivalent to the estimated $6.2 billion Wal-Mart costs U.S. taxpayers every year in food stamps, Medicaid, subsidized housing, and other public assistance to its many impoverished employees.

"In this context, how can stock buybacks be either morally or economically justified?”

Billionaire Hanauer Hammers Stock Buybacks The Nader Page

"Wal-Mart has spent [over ten years] more than$65.4 billion on stock buybacks — about 47 percent of its profits.

"That’s an average of more than $6.5 billion a year in stock buybacks, enough to give each of its 1.4 million U.S. workers a $4,670-a-year raise.

"It is also, coincidentally, an amount roughly equivalent to the estimated $6.2 billion Wal-Mart costs U.S. taxpayers every year in food stamps, Medicaid, subsidized housing, and other public assistance to its many impoverished employees.

"In this context, how can stock buybacks be either morally or economically justified?”

dear, in a free society you can buy anything you want and long as the seller is willing to sell it at an agreed upon price. Do you want a Nazi law to prevent this?

Because they own it and they can do what they want. Listen, I hate Walmart. I hate the way they do business. I think the company is vile and pathetic. I would never want to work for Walmart, given the conditions.

So.....I don't work for Walmart. See how easy that was?

As long as the workers agree to accept pitiful wages and agree to slave themselves away, (and as long as there are still plenty of people willing to do business at Walmart) nothing is going to change. No amount of legislation, no amount of bitching on the internet, is going to change it. If you, like myself, think Walmart is bullshit, then don't work there and don't shop there. Find some other place to work and shop that is more in line with your goals and values. Once you do that, go about your merry little life and let the rabble live however they want.

Because they own it and they can do what they want
The shareholders own the $1 trillion dollars from stock buybacks today because regulations were overturned in 1982 which classified buybacks as a form of illegal stock manipulation. That same 1 billion dollars that once went to wages now goes to corporate profits because rich shareholders and corporate executives bribed government to make it happen.

Forum List

Back