Walmart Employees Getting a Raise

As I pointed out an another thread a few weeks back, a "business" degree is a vague term. It's not much different than saying that your were in the military and that your job was "soldier." Anyone who truly has a masters in a business field would know as much and would not say they have a "masters in business." They would say "I have an MBA in Entrepreneurship" or "I have an MBA in Healthcare Administration," or "I have an MBA in Finance," etc.

I have an MBA, when it comes up I just say MBA, and almost no one has asked if there was a specialization within the degree. Sorry

Er, roger that. But someone who says "I have a masters in business" is essentially equating "business" as the specialization. Anyone who truly has an MBA would know better than to imply such a ridiculous idea.

As I pointed out an another thread a few weeks back, a "business" degree is a vague term. It's not much different than saying that your were in the military and that your job was "soldier." Anyone who truly has a masters in a business field would know as much and would not say they have a "masters in business." They would say "I have an MBA in Entrepreneurship" or "I have an MBA in Healthcare Administration," or "I have an MBA in Finance," etc.

I have an MBA, when it comes up I just say MBA, and almost no one has asked if there was a specialization within the degree. Sorry

Have I confused the two of you?

1%er is a mere poseur who invents stuff about his life. Pretty sad, really.

Yet you can't refute any of my posts.

Today I was handsomely paid by Steve Wozniak for a weekend job. You can't refute my post....
The funny part is I did refute his post. There is no sucj thing as a masters in business from Columbia. Which is what he claims to have.

I agree onepercenter knows nothing about business and clearly does not have an MBA, but Columbia has an MBA program

I agree onepercenter knows nothing about business and clearly does not have an MBA, but Columbia has an MBA program

Rabbi is being Rabbi. He's the STD of the usmessageboard.

You are so wrong that I know nothing about business.

I cant prove a negative, Numbskull. Why dont you try proving they offer a "masters in business" which is what you claim to have.

I did, Columbia Business School.

honestly very hard to believe given you cant think to save your life. You have the IQ of typical liberal. Easy to prove. Please say something intelligent in support of liberalism.

1%er is a mere poseur who invents stuff about his life. Pretty sad, really.

Yet you can't refute any of my posts.

Today I was handsomely paid by Steve Wozniak for a weekend job. You can't refute my post....
The funny part is I did refute his post. There is no sucj thing as a masters in business from Columbia. Which is what he claims to have.

Yes, they have a Masters in Business Administration, or MBA. ANyone who actually earned one says he has an MBA. He does not say he has a Masters in Business. There is no such thing.
Have you ever known anyone with an MBA who described it as a Masters in business? No.

I cant prove a negative, Numbskull. Why dont you try proving they offer a "masters in business" which is what you claim to have.

I did, Columbia Business School.

honestly very hard to believe given you cant think to save your life. You have the IQ of typical liberal. Easy to prove. Please say something intelligent in support of liberalism.

Liberalism promotes people.
Bullshit.
Liberalism oppresses people. Liberalism seeks to control people. Liberalism reduces people's abilities to make choices and substitutes the judgements of elites.
And liberalism fails. 100% of the time.

Well, you hide it very well

Or do you lack the education to understand?

I actually was an MBA, Michigan, 1995. Nothing you have ever posted that I read showed even the most basic understanding of business far before any politics is introduced into the discussion. You think businesses can pay whatever they want, treat employees however they want and that employees are like socket wrenches and screw drivers, just tools, one is replaceable with another.

You are full of shit, no one in business thinks that, we know it's not true from experience. My sister in law, a flaming liberal, stopped voting Democrat when she opened her own veterinary practice and realized what Democrats are doing to business in this country. Yet you claim to be experienced and educated in the field and you don't know the first thing about it

Yes, they have a Masters in Business Administration, or MBA. ANyone who actually earned one says he has an MBA. He does not say he has a Masters in Business. There is no such thing.
Have you ever known anyone with an MBA who described it as a Masters in business? No.

OK, I see what you're saying. Certainly you're right that it's the norm to say we have an MBA, it does sound odd to say we have a masters in business. I'm not sure I'd call him a liar based on that though. I call him a liar because his posts are consistent flat liners when it comes to business knowledge

OK, I see what you're saying. Certainly you're right that it's the norm to say we have an MBA, it does sound odd to say we have a masters in business. I'm not sure I'd call him a liar based on that though. I call him a liar because his posts are consistent flat liners when it comes to business knowledge
You just proved it in the last post. You have an MBA. That's what you wrote. By itself, you're right it isnt conclusive. Combined with all the other boneheaded things he's written though it all adds up.

The guy says he pays two people $150,000 a year to clean a 7000 sq ft building, six days a week. I asked what the duties and how many hours they were required to work, he says he doesn't micromanage, WTF?

He claims he pays his employees more and charges twice what his competitors charge, he never has unhappy customers and on and on. I have never heard of a company not having any unhappy customers or unhappy employees, it's unrealistic. No matter how well you take care of people you will always have someone unhappy.

He is such a blowhard, I know when he is lying, it is when he posts.

The guy says he pays two people $150,000 a year to clean a 7000 sq ft building, six days a week. I asked what the duties and how many hours they were required to work, he says he doesn't micromanage, WTF?

He claims he pays his employees more and charges twice what his competitors charge, he never has unhappy customers and on and on. I have never heard of a company not having any unhappy customers or unhappy employees, it's unrealistic. No matter how well you take care of people you will always have someone unhappy.

He is such a blowhard, I know when he is lying, it is when he posts.
He is a poseur, and possibly a schizophrenic.

Should give their chekout cashiers free mental health counselling too for that constant irregular BEEP sound of the laser scanners. :) Drives me nuts after just a few minutes. Must be in their dreams after 8 hours.

I actually was an MBA, Michigan, 1995. Nothing you have ever posted that I read showed even the most basic understanding of business far before any politics is introduced into the discussion. You think businesses can pay whatever they want, treat employees however they want and that employees are like socket wrenches and screw drivers, just tools, one is replaceable with another.

You are full of shit, no one in business thinks that, we know it's not true from experience. My sister in law, a flaming liberal, stopped voting Democrat when she opened her own veterinary practice and realized what Democrats are doing to business in this country. Yet you claim to be experienced and educated in the field and you don't know the first thing about it

As a fellow MBA I would have expected at least one example of what you've written rather than bloviating.

I've NEVER claimed to be 'experienced and educated in the field' of Veterinary.

As far as your sister in law believing that Democrats are hurting business in this country, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 is 100% Democrat and has helped small business through low cost loans and tax breaks. Dissenting votes were Republican.

Forum List

Back